Re: Romantic Fantasy & Fantasy Romance

Mal Wrote: My series Outland is an ongoing romantic fantasy, LBGTQ+ for main characters (m/m) https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/38253/outlands

Thanks for the list! Now I have even more reading to do *groan*

A warm welcome to you and your story to Royal Road! The legions of romance writers are getting stronger and stronger.

I have just one tiny remark. As a person doing a PhD who is going to get a doctoral degree at the end of it all, I have to say that the description of:
Quote:Lost in a warped version of ancient Mesopotamia, Ryou would need a history major, a doctor's degree and a PhD in linguistics to survive. 

is a bit of a tautology. Or does he have two separate degrees in linguistics (which is also possible)? I am sorry if I'm too nitpicky.

In any case, I wish you a pleasant and successful stay on Royal Road.

Ariana Wrote:
Mal Wrote: My series Outland is an ongoing romantic fantasy, LBGTQ+ for main characters (m/m) https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/38253/outlands

Thanks for the list! Now I have even more reading to do *groan*

A warm welcome to you and your story to Royal Road! The legions of romance writers are getting stronger and stronger.

I have just one tiny remark. As a person doing a PhD who is going to get a doctoral degree at the end of it all, I have to say that the description of:
Quote:Lost in a warped version of ancient Mesopotamia, Ryou would need a history major, a doctor's degree and a PhD in linguistics to survive. 

is a bit of a tautology. Or does he have two separate degrees in linguistics (which is also possible)? I am sorry if I'm too nitpicky.

In any case, I wish you a pleasant and successful stay on Royal Road.

Thanks! Actually that was meant as  medical doctor's degree, but I see the tautology and will fix it. 

Guess I'll leave this here, I started a Fantasy Romance, Swiped Me Right off my feet

Quote:Jim Corwin always wanted to become a Doctor since he was a child, and he succeeded.

But before he knew it, he was still single in his thirties, living the nerd life, and still swiping single women left and right in the prolific phone app, Ember, resigned to the fact that he would never have the time to build a relationship with a special someone.

But when one day, after a close run in with an 18-wheeler, he finds himself in a parallel contemporary world without realising, his right swipe changes his whole life...

----------
A romance, told from the alternating perspectives of the male and female protagonists, and their resulting culture shock. Due to be relatively short and sweet (Moderately sized chapters with a total of around 30-40k words expected), with daily updates until its done.

Hello! Do you mind asking my fantasy romance story, Heaven Immortal Promise? It is an ongoing story with nearly 56k words so far (and is linked via my signature as well). 
The story description is as followed: 

Mei Ying, a cultivator from the Song clan, walks the Heaven realm's Immortality path. Jian Yu, the demon king, rules the Netherworld.

But when the murder of Mei Ying’s clan member reveals a link to her past, fate shows her path to span from several previous lives.  Soon, she teams up with the demon king to uncover a dangerous scheme that threatens the balance of all Three Realms with war.  Who is the Immortal mastermind? Who can be trusted? 

Emmy and Me 

An absolutely amazing romance story. It could be argued that this isn't really fantasy romance, as the 'fantasy' part of it is very subtle, but there is some light supernatural element to the story that does not actually exist in reality (that we know of...), so I think close enough. And the story is amazing enough that more people should see it. Would definitely buy this story as a paperback novel.

Confessions of the Magpie Wizard

GRAMMAR: 10/10

CHARACTERS: 9.5/10

UPDATE SCHEDULE: 2 Chapters a Week for the past 2 years straight even though this novel isn't that popular #Dedication.

AGE RATING: R-15 (you can safely share this lovely story to your close friends without them thinking you need help now)

Tags: 
Hot Demon boy POV 
Character driven
Slow burn
Cute Gamer girl Stalker
Entertaining banter
Clever Jokes
Very Clever Jokes
Witty Protag
Highschool romedy
Post apocalyptic world
Humanity on the brink of extinction
Devils cruel and heartless*
Did I mention it's funni?

BADS(?): Although it's very much worth getting a subscription to the author's patreon or buy the previous volumes on Amazon, valuable customer base are 'neglected' or don't bother trying to read this well written and lovely novel because of chapters being removed after every volumes' end. 

OVERALL: 10/10

Is this only for stuff on RoyalRoad? Because the the Mobseka WN I've been reading recently is some nice, simple fun. 

The MC is OP and has some funny moments. The villains are very hate-able and I enjoyed watching the MC deal with them. Though, it's a single-male, multiple-female harem and I know people who were put off because of it.

Inversely, Hamefura is a single-female, multiple males/female type harem and is also fantasy/comedy. It also got an anime adaptation if that interests anyone.

Hey there,

If a little self-promo is accepted, then I would like to invite you to check out my series, Deadly Touch:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42601/deadly-touch-series

It is a gritty tail, with some violence, swearing, sexual assault, and a rape, but on the whole it is hopefully a nice medium-burn romance set in a fairly well-developed fantasy world.

Hello! I'm new to the community and was directed here to mention my ongoing story, Lord of the Night Realm. It's a high fantasy series with romance between the mortal protagonist and an elven vampire. Though the romance isn't the central focus of the story, the relationship between these two characters plays a monumental role to the overall plot. There are also representations of LGBT+ relationships and characters, with the protagonist being bisexual as one of them.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42764/lord-of-the-night-realm

I'd like to recommend The Persephone Variant by Kittra McBriar. It's got a heavy dose of Greek mythology in a futuristic sci-fi setting, but it's very much a fantasy in more ways than one. The protagonist is set to marry Hades (a really attractive version that she happens to have the hots for), and as part of their tradition in this enigmatic world, she must die and be reborn before the wedding.

The worldbuilding is phenomenal, the characters are compelling and the romance is fire.

Hello! I'm brand new to publishing on Royal Road, but romance has been a significant part of my writing for quite some time. My goal is to blend progression fantasy with believable characters and relationships. And really, what's more human than love?

If you're interested in grand adventures with romance as a major plot element, I'd be thrilled if you'd give my stories a shot!

(I'm sorry if my stories don't show in my signature, my posts are being flagged as spam for some reason, and I can't post links either.)

/fiction/44616/vermilion-knight (20kish words)
/fiction/44506/ghost-in-the-tower (8kish words)

Disclaimer: Romances in my stories are generally slow-burn, as my characters are often not in good places to pursue relationships at the beginning of the story (despite their beliefs to the contrary). There may even be casual sex with characters who aren't necessarily the love interest, simply because it's human nature to seek comfort in other humans. But, I firmly believe real, enduring relationships take effort to build, and I can only hope the payoff is as satisfying to my readers as it is to me.