Re: Romantic Fantasy & Fantasy Romance

CorpseDead Wrote: Hello,

Would you mind adding this to your list of romance novels?
It's ongoing: My sexy childhood friend returned and...

I'm posting 25k word long chapters about every second week. Depends on how much time I have, I may be quicker or a bit slower sometimes... but it'll be finished and I took the pledge of WriTE as well, as usual. :D

Sure thing!

Hmmm, wonder why I'm not getting notifications for this thread... *attempts to fix it*

01B
Please include The masks of Under, it's a story about the secret realm of Under, where the legends and myths of our world origin from. Our MC Lydia, who got abducted together with a bunch of other people to join the ranks of Under, tries her best to "panic later" and make sense of this foreign world.
It has themes of violence, gore and sex (S&M between the female MC and Male lead, you'd have to skip two chapters to avoid most explicit stuff, there are warnings from the author at the beginning of the  chapters), so not everyone will like it, BUT:

• The characters are great, character development is gradual and logical

• Worldbuilding is phenomenal, Under is a fantastically twisted world of gods and demons

• The progression of relationships is so smooth, no hard breaks or shifts without reason (I love me some good tension between characters *wink wink*)

• The writing style is kinda heavy, but very good and I don't find it hard to read at all

• It's original, both in premise and execution (it has the being transported to a new foreign world theme, but not the cookie cutter RRL kind)

• The first book is complete and uploads are frequent (every 1 or 2 days, I think)

I don't think it is abuserish or anything like that, MC and Male lead are properly (?) falling for each other, but the world of Under is not a pony ride, so there is abduction, imprisonment, torture etc in the story itself. (Edit: the start of the second book is quite drastic... don't know where that will go, but it's a rocky road for Lydia.)
Our MC, having worked as an EMC and medical examiner, has nerves of steel I should add.
Give it a go, it's a wonderful nightmare world :)

What a happy coincidence for me to find today. I am writing a story that I certainly hope fits this description, eventually if not already. Kobold Whisperer despite what one may think of the name, is about a human that falls in love with a kobold (in this instance, basically a short humanoid lizard complete with society and intelligence) in a world where kobolds are seen as second class citizens at best, and slaves at worst. Through this, he ends up gathering a whole adventuring party of non-slave kobolds. While not my first story ever it is my first on here on Royal Road and I've been feeling like, as I go on, that it's lacking in quality, so feedback of any kind would be wondrously appreciated. The romantic moments are there and I try to make them a highlight, but they are not the biggest tone in the story.

Bigmouth Wrote: What a happy coincidence for me to find today. I am writing a story that I certainly hope fits this description, eventually if not already. Kobold Whisperer despite what one may think of the name, is about a human that falls in love with a kobold (in this instance, basically a short humanoid lizard complete with society and intelligence) in a world where kobolds are seen as second class citizens at best, and slaves at worst. Through this, he ends up gathering a whole adventuring party of non-slave kobolds. While not my first story ever it is my first on here on Royal Road and I've been feeling like, as I go on, that it's lacking in quality, so feedback of any kind would be wondrously appreciated. The romantic moments are there and I try to make them a highlight, but they are not the biggest tone in the story.

Sounds like it fits, to me! I'll add it. :)

Hi there :)

I'm writing 2 Romantic Fantasy novels, both quite different, and I was wondering if they could be added to your list.

Blood of the Pure is a Romance between a Human girl and a Demon, with an Angel in the mix. It's contemporary and, although is on going it will have an end (1 volume story). Another books will follow but they'll same setting different stories.

Denial is complete fantasy world, lots of characters, lots or races (gods, elves, dragons, magi). Its base is a romance and all the events surround it. It will be written in several volumes.

Don't know if they qualify. ^_^;

Thank you. *

Sophia Carpersanti Wrote: Hi there :)

I'm writing 2 Romantic Fantasy novels, both quite different, and I was wondering if they could be added to your list.

Blood of the Pure is a Romance between a Human girl and a Demon, with an Angel in the mix. It's contemporary and, although is on going it will have an end (1 volume story). Another books will follow but they'll same setting different stories.

Denial is complete fantasy world, lots of characters, lots or races (gods, elves, dragons, magi). Its base is a romance and all the events surround it. It will be written in several volumes.

Don't know if they qualify. ^_^;

Thank you. *

omnixius Wrote: I would like to submit my story.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24412/dragon-knight-prophecy

It is a fantasy story that is focused on the relationship building between the two main characters. I am takign my time building this relationship to maintain to try and make it feel true.

Added y'all! :)