RE: Let me review your story, no need to review swap

2/13/2018 11:08:06 PMchristos200 Wrote: [ -> ]If and when you have free time, can you check my fic too? It is a Xianxia/Fantasy story. Thanks in advance.

The Sage and the Sword

Done reviewing yours.

3/3/2018 4:15:29 AMBlaise Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I would love to have you review my story!
Could you pm me your review before you post it on my page?

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16891/return-to-earth-realm
Thanks!

Done with yours too.

2/13/2018 11:08:06 PMchristos200 Wrote: [ -> ]If and when you have free time, can you check my fic too? It is a Xianxia/Fantasy story. Thanks in advance.

The Sage and the Sword

Done reviewing yours.

Thanks!

Done with yours too.

An arrogant writer had asked me to review which i gladly did so. However, he send me a few spiteful mails in my inbox and decided to write a spiteful review in my own fiction.

So, should I continue helping writers to review their works to help them?

I don't need people like him coming to the thread and then acting like an ass.

[/quote]

Done reviewing yours.

Thanks!

Since he deleted the post that wanted me to review, I guess that leave me with no choice to quote his earlier post.
And here is another: 4 stars is a terrible review. 

4 stars?!!! Really?

So, tell me... should I stop doing review all together to help? Coz I'm tired and sick of reading hate mails when things don't go their way.

Spamming my inbox with spite was undue and unjustified. Remember, I never asked for a review swap. So, I'm doing a favour. Read my OP first and foremost!

3/9/2018 11:02:24 PMbaronblackwell Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love for you to check mine out if you're still doing reviews.

Half A God: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/16634/half-a-god

For centuries, the Behdin Inquisitors have hunted Mindrippers with a single-mindedness that bordered on obsession. In an age of musket and cannon, the hunt leads them to the ancient city of Digne where women are being butchered by an unknown killer. Here, Enk Gueye, a young scion of a noble house, wakes from a nightmare to discover he can read—and control—other people’s minds. He thinks he’s a god, but the Behdin Inquisitors have another name for what he has become: Mindripper.

3/10/2018 1:04:25 AMHeaven Dream Wrote: [ -> ]Good Day!

So, I will take this great offer

I badly need a review right now. I need some good review coming from you sir. Thank you for reviewing, sorry for the burden.

The link is in my signature so please review mine. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Heaven Dream

3/10/2018 10:33:22 AMSamPenn Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! :D Im a new writer, ive got 3 chapters in, well 4 including the prologue. It would be a huge help for you to write a review and constructive criticsm to help me improve :)
http://royalroadl.com/fiction/16932/lacraea

Hi all, 

As you just noticed, someone came to this thread, asked for a review and when I gave an honest review, he let me with a spiteful remark. Now, that was not very nice. Could have done it better. It left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

So, before I get another writers are so full with themselves, read my OP before anything else. By wanting me to review yours, you had agreed to my terms and style. 

That's all.

3/10/2018 1:36:40 PMBalr0g Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! If you are looking for more to read and review, I'll never turn down a thorough and detailed review to help me out in my writing. Been writing fiction for about 4 months now so I have a lot to learn. 

Radioactive Evolution is the one I'd like to have reviewed, It's in my signature block.

Hi,

Have you read my OP? 

I'm being more careful as I need not another writer came and attack me for no particular reasons that saying 3.5 stars are terrible and 4 stars are terrible review. 

Just a head up if nothing else.

Hi,

Have you read my OP? 

I'm being more careful as I need not another writer came and attack me for no particular reasons that saying 3.5 stars are terrible and 4 stars are terrible review. 

Just a head up if nothing else.
[/quote]

Yes, I read it and accept an honest review. I've got a 3.5 star review up there that I think is the most helpful one I've gotten. I have some solid things to evaluate and was a very fair assessment. I'm fully anticipating an honest review being below a 5 star and I'm fine with that. I've got an idea how the story is doing at this point and would rather have honest feedback even if it isn't the best for my ranking.

I am normally not angry over this. If he wanted me to pull down, I can always do that gladly. But what did he do?

First, he spammed my inbox. In less than a minute.
Second, he made a spiteful review on my fiction and rated low just to piss me off further.
Third, he accused me on downvoting his other reviews.
Fourth, he downvote my review and then gave me 0.5 rating to both of my works. And surprise, surprise, his rating counts just upped by 2 ratings. Coincidence?

And what I did to him? Neither. Pulled his review and then I posted in the thread so that that I don't get the repeat experience.

And I what I did for him? Reading his novel up to 70 pages, followed his works and this is what I get. Tell me if I'm over reacting.

For the other authors wanted to review, I'll gladly accept your wish. Give me some time to go through your works.

If I sounded so, then I very much apologize. 

At that moment, I was angry and the treatment was uncalled for. I was reading their works and up to the point of wanting to review, but I stopped and posted that comment instead in the thread after I received Blaise's mail spammed into my inbox. All it take was one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel.

With that line of thought, I did not want to repeat the same mistake. Perhaps I did come out stronger than I intended to. If that was the case, apologies to all of them. I bear no ill grudge nor intention. My points still stand and I still wanted to help new authors. If they still wanted it, I'll do a review for them.

I knew I learned a lot from Volos though he came with a very harsh but true critics of my earlier work. It was because of him and others who pointed out my mistakes that I learn and to better my art and craft.

Thanks for pointing out for me Tanaka. You are always a good poster in the forum.

First off thank you for flooding my story with .5 reviews. 

I just want to say be careful accepting to be reviewed by acederequiza because he will only read a small percent of your story before rating it. His rating generally will bring down every star on your story and dock you points for not answering things clearly stated in the chapters he doesn't bother to read. 

I'm not sure about you all, but I love GOOD feedback that is helpful. The reason I asked him to send me the review by pm first was so I could go over everything and learn. I mean I can still learn from a low star review but not have it lower every rating on my page. I would still like some people to read what I write. 

I was never informed he was following through with the review. Also in my review request, I clearly asked him to pm me his review before posting on my page. 

Quote:

Blaise Wrote: Hello, 

Thanks!

If 3.5 stars is a good review then why did he get so mad when I rated his story almost the exact same as he rated mine. I also gave brutally honest feedback as well, shouldn't he be grateful for having the opportunity to improve?

I rated his story MORE than fairly in my opinion. Since then I took down the rating at his request. You be the judge of how accurate it is. 

My review: 3.5 stars for everything.
We have our army vet main character. Completely broke, a massive 5 million dollars in debt and late on rent. He seems to know very little about the game he plays but is somehow the ‘demon king’ best player ever.

He loves the game so much it is the first thing he goes to after nearly being beaten to death. He then is willing to sell his account for (implied) $5-100 dollars?

The next day the account is bidding in the millions. Of course. Take into account the game is dying out as well.

This whole plot seems forced and boring. It actually is rather depressing considering the premise is that this soldiers life sucks so much all he has is the game.

At least to me, I can’t get excited about it due to the main characters motivations. The mc is a depressing character to follow along. This applies even if he recovers and pays off his debts. after being in a wheelchair for eight years he wants to just go play another video game?

Hopefully, the VR game he decides to play later will be interesting enough to make up for the start.

Find his story here:
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16596/legendary-twilight-farmer

Oh and nice alt account you use to give your stories the best rating possible. The only account to post a full review of your story interestingly enough only favorites your own stories. ALSO it was created on the same day as you posted your first story. Sneaky sneaky. But ratings don't matter, right?

3/11/2018 3:38:12 PMBlaise Wrote: [ -> ]First off thank you for flooding my story with .5 reviews. 

I just want to say be careful accepting to be reviewed by acederequiza because he will only read a small percent of your story before rating it. His rating generally will bring down every star on your story and dock you points for not answering things clearly stated in the chapters he doesn't bother to read. 

I'm not sure about you all, but I love GOOD feedback that is helpful. The reason I asked him to send me the review by pm first was so I could go over everything and learn. I mean I can still learn from a low star review but not have it lower every rating on my page. I would still like some people to read what I write. 

I was never informed he was following through with the review. Also in my review request, I clearly asked him to pm me his review before posting on my page. 

Quote:

Blaise Wrote: Hello, 

Thanks!

If 3.5 stars is a good review then why did he get so mad when I rated his story almost the exact same as he rated mine. I also gave brutally honest feedback as well, shouldn't he be grateful for having the opportunity to improve?

I rated his story MORE than fairly in my opinion. Since then I took down the rating at his request. You be the judge of how accurate it is. 

My review: 3.5 stars for everything.
We have our army vet main character. Completely broke, a massive 5 million dollars in debt and late on rent. He seems to know very little about the game he plays but is somehow the ‘demon king’ best player ever.

He loves the game so much it is the first thing he goes to after nearly being beaten to death. He then is willing to sell his account for (implied) $5-100 dollars?

The next day the account is bidding in the millions. Of course. Take into account the game is dying out as well.

This whole plot seems forced and boring. It actually is rather depressing considering the premise is that this soldiers life sucks so much all he has is the game.

At least to me, I can’t get excited about it due to the main characters motivations. The mc is a depressing character to follow along. This applies even if he recovers and pays off his debts. after being in a wheelchair for eight years he wants to just go play another video game?

Hopefully, the VR game he decides to play later will be interesting enough to make up for the start.

Find his story here:
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16596/legendary-twilight-farmer

Oh and nice alt account you use to give your stories the best rating possible. The only account to post a full review of your story interestingly enough only favorites your own stories. ALSO it was created on the same day as you posted your first story. Sneaky sneaky. But ratings don't matter, right?

And now he came here and accuse me of flooding him with a 0.5 ratings? WTF?!! 

Hey jackarse, if you do not believe it, you can request the mods checked it for you, did I even rated your works. I dare you. Go on, please. If I do, delete my account for all I care. 

Can you say the same for yourself? That you did not do a review to spite me and pissed me off and downvoted everything else and gave me 0.5 stars on all my works.

If other people gave you a 0.5 ratings you, how is that even my fault?

Did I ever asked for your review? No, right. So why did you do a review for me when 1) I never asked you too and 2) You seemed to be talking about my MC only.  3) You gave me a review to insult my work.

You posted that review right after you send me that message. Logically speaking, you are spiteful in your review. The content of the review you posted contained nothing but your hatred towards the MC. Nothing about improvement. And you call your review impartial and good? Honest feedback? Hah, don't make me laugh.

I had posted that particular story for 1 month and had been here for 2 months! You had just been here for a total less than a a month!! And you had just won yourself a life-long enmity from me and the internet troll award of the year.

You came to this thread and did you not read my OP. I said anything lower than 3.5, I will post the review here instead. You came to my thread, asking me for a review and then you said you are not informed that I would receive. What the feck did you smoke?

I had to date given 9 full reviews, the lowest being 4 stars. I had been consistent with my review style and theme. You received 4 stars rating from me. And I gave you pointers on how to improve. among other things (since I deleted the original comment; pointers on expositions and purple-prose, usage of commas and favourite words, MC needed to be constant with his actions, thoughts and feelings, qi and usage of the yong-yang concept etc.

Did you do the same thing to me?

You bitched about my MC having not reading my stories at all. I did not even rated your fiction and yet you accused me. You are the most ignorant, bitter and poster I had seen for a long, long time.

This was your last message to me yesterday.

------------------

Sigh, the downvotes just happened when you deleted the review.

I admit I reacted wrong and apologize. Sorry. I'm sure you are a good bloke, I was an asshole even though your review rubbed me wrong.

--------------------

His apologies meant nothing. And what happened next? See for yourself people.

@Tanaka, how do I handle this type of people? I had been here for quite some time and active but it seems there's a bad apple among the bunch that would spoil the whole barrel. And this was why I acted so yesterday.

A few times he accused me and I had not taken offence. But it's tipping the boiling point.

Bygones be bygones?

Say that to yourself. You seems to be stucked with the notion that I had something against you. Can you please explain why you think so? Why would I waste my time reading your article, review and all those just to piss you off?

By the way, do you have reading comprehension problem. Are you even reading my post properly?

I did not even give you a 0.5 star reviews and you accused me. I had enough of your antiques! By the way, how could someone trust you when you had said let bygone be bygones and then changed all that just because you think it was me.

Looks like I'm talking to a brick wall. Perhaps even a brick wall might have an ounce of brain cells.

Whatever, I'm beyond that 0.5 ratings. Flood me if you think that would stop me from writing and helping others. I knew I did not flood you or asked people to flood you.

At least i could go to sleep or write without the guilty conscience of flooding people 0.5 stars out of spite and hate. And like someone said, many others had thanked me for my reviews. 

Like I said, I had never rated you 0.5 stars and that is my stand on that. The lowest was 4 stars and that even manage to pissed you off like someone been pissing in your drink.

I'll end this now; between you and me.

I would love to have a mod look into it. Also, a mod should look into this account: HOLY_AVENGER80 
That account is his alt he uses to bump his stories ratings. 

Thanks,
Hopefully, this is resolved smoothly =)

3/11/2018 5:07:39 PMChipMunster Wrote: [ -> ]On a maybe off-topic note, could you (any of you I mean) how do you know that you received a certain number of .5-star ratings? All I see on my dashboard is the total number of ratings, but unless people leave a review, I don't know what those ratings are.

If you go to your dashboard it is under stats. You can see the number and type of review.