Proofreading & Review Business (Mk. 2)

Due to popular demand — and lack of updates — Royal Road is proud to announce Proofreading and Review Business Mk. 2, curated by yours truly. I will be continuing the efforts of asphaltus and we thank him for his service.

To sum up the rules, which haven't changed much:

In here, you are free to post a link to your fiction if you are in need of reviews and/or proofreading. For simplicity's sake, format the link to your fiction as
Code:
[url=link]Fiction name[/url]
and state what kind of help you require: simple reviews, advanced reviews, proofreading, editing (this list may expand if needs arise).

Additionally, post here if you're willing to read and help others by offering your service. Do note what exactly you are offering so it can be listed easier. Also, include your time zone (preferably in relation to GMT) and general day/time you're available.

A quick description of services that can be asked for here:

• Simple review: A simple, not comprehensive review that covers the general impression of the fiction.

• Advanced review: A comprehensive and detailed insight into all of the aspects of the fiction (Story, Style, Grammar, and Character). It's preferable that fictions you're requesting advanced reviews for contain 10000 words or more. For the reviewer, it's preferable to have read at least the first 10000 words of the story in order to leave an advanced review.

• Proofreading: A proofreading will go through the entire text of the fiction, fixing any issues with grammar and wording.

• Editing: An editor, apart from proofreading, will fix stylistic and semantic aspects of the fiction, while also contributing feedback on the plot and eventual story problems such as plot holes. The level of editing will vastly depend upon how the editor and author decide. Note that this may not be achievable without a significant effort and time on editor's side, so the service may not be free if advanced editing — or editing of a large fiction — is required.

Notice: this thread is not officially related or endorsed by Royal Road. The editors/proofreaders listed in this thread are independent parties. 

People you can contact for help:
[/tr]
Username [clickable link]ReviewsProofreadingEditingNotes (applies to editing and proofreading)
OdinsHandSimple, AdvancedYesYesFree, but accepts monetary compensation for work
ZhangYNoneYesYesFree, but accepts monetary compensation for work
Paid projects will finish faster and can be larger
ToBeAndNotToBeSimple, AdvancedYesYes"money appreciated, but not necessary :)"
Disputed covermaking abilities
BetterForgetNoneYesYesstory must have an apathetic, evil or anti-hero main character(s)
TeakLeakNoneYesYesis willing to provide services for free; uses American English preferably

List of fictions that need help and things they're looking for:
How the Weak Live - advanced reviews
Wile Quest - advanced reviews
Grimmblood Volume 1 -advanced reviews
Handyman - needs editing, the author can provide editing and covers in exchange
The world after the end - reviews, specifically providing commentary on if and how the genres fit
The fisher and the beast - reviews, editing
Jack at World of Syntaria - reviews, editing, proofreading
Dekar as Worlds Travels - reviews, editing, proofreading
Summoner with Warhammer 40k System - editing and proofreading
Terminal - advanced reviews
The New Era: Lord of Dark World - proofreading
And Thus, We Hoped - simple reviews, proofreading
The Zone - proofreading, reviews (advanced)
Lied - simple reviews
Saga of the Lustful King - reviews
Reincarnated with a living archive of sorcery - proofreading
The Crippled Lord - simple reviews
Legends of the Great Savanna - advanced reviews
Cold Sun - proofreading
Ned ( The Weakest Creature ) - simple and advanced reviews, proofreading
2 worlds - advanced reviews

RE: Proofreading & Review Business (Mk. 2)

11/23/2017 8:42:55 PMNecamijat Wrote: [ -> ]Due to popular demand — and lack of updates — RRL is proud to announce Proofreading and Review Business Mk. 2, curated by yours truly. I will be continuing the efforts of asphaltus and we thank him for his service.

To sum up the rules, which haven't changed much:

In here, you are free to post a link to your fiction if you are in need of reviews and/or proofreading. For simplicity's sake, format the link to your fiction as
Code:
[url=link]Fiction name[/url]
and state what kind of help you require: simple reviews, advanced reviews, proofreading (this list may expand if needs arise).

Additionally, post here if you're willing to read and help others by offering your reviews and/or proofreading. Do note what exactly are you offering so it can be listed easier.

Hello, I am willing to edit/review/proofread peoples work for free, although any monetary gains are nice. I am mainly doing this to gather experience, and will generally do one or two chapter every other day or so, depending on my RL situation.

I'm looking for a full editor.  I am willing to edit in exchange.  I could also entertain providing graphic arts in exchange (both of my covers were entirely made by me, and I think stand for themselves).  Will consider providing advanced reviews, but will give up after 2-5k words if I think it's particularly poor work (I will at least tell someone why if I give up).

My work, per the format, is Handyman.  Monition of Magic is in fact still in development, just not on RRL.

I would love to have some reviews if anyone is willing. both simple and advanced are fine.
My story is called: The world after the end.
My title isn't too good, I know. couldn't figure out anything clever that hasn't already been overused by others.
I would also like to know if it actually falls under Litrpg. it has some elements, but not all of them. making me somewhat uncertain on how to place it.

I need an editor and proofreader/if you can/ for my fiction.

Because of my daily release, I can't find someone can work with me.

Please help.

My fiction is Summoner with Warhammer 40K System and Re:Oni/slow release one/

a link is https://royalroadl.com/fiction/15739/summoner-with-warhammer-40k-system

I can't give much of money because I writing this fiction for fun and practice but I can give some money if we discuss about it

If you interested send message to my name

This for @lordmystic, or post #14

I won't fix or proofread the first chapter for you, but I will do that for the synopsis at least.

Chen Qiang's life is perfect. He’s rich, young and set to inherit his father’s fortune and legacy. Truly, a fairy-tale. A life so perfect, nothing could ruin it; well, almost nothing…

In the blink of an eye, it all disappears into blazing fire and smoke. His inheritance, sisters and even himself. That was because of the sudden change, the craziest thing that should not have happened.
(what? Did China's housing bubble finally collapse?)

Not just him, but everyone on the earth experienced it too, the feeling of great despair, grief, hate and regret, that endlessly came to them.

But was it truly doomed from the start?

Is this end of the world? Or just the beginning?

Fate plays with him. He goes back in time and has three years for prepare to face that again.

He gets all he has again but is it enough to change the future?

I do not own rights to the picture that I have uploadrd or will upload, all the pictures that I upload are from the Internet.

Chapter 1 title should be "did I really get reborn?"

Inquisitor: The Hunt

I'd appreciate some feedback in the form of reviews (simple and advanced, either work) and some comments to point out specific things if needed.

The story currently has approx. 35,000 words in it. I'm planning to revise from chapter 4-10, as those were written in a hurry. Chapters one-three have been fully revised as of now, and chapter four is partially done. All chapters from eleven onwards are also good as-is.

Well, all chapters are good as-is, it's just I'm not completely satisfied with the whole picture yet.

Thank you for whatever sort of feedback/proofreading you can provide me, I truly appreciate it.

Hi, I search for an editor who could help me get a better and more coherent story.

I have just released the third chapter of my story A hero's legacy. It has 11882 words, so 43 pages. In a nutshell, the story is about the world after a hero died and the consequences of his influence. The mc is a girl that is thrown into the madness of war and has to adapt to it. The link to my story is in my signature or here: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/17005/a-heros-legacy.

If you would like to edit the story write me a pm.
New Reply