Re: What is the meaning of life?

Now that...doesn't really have a question. I'm going to express my point of view on the matter, though. 

[NOTICE: THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL BELIEF. I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE] 

...21st century is going to drive me insane, tbh. You can never be too careful.

I believe in God. First of all. Jesus Christ. And the One more above. The One who created Jesus, His Son. Being separate and also one at the same time. With the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

God created...well...everything. At first, it says, there was nothing. And "nothing" is pictured as "black". Because black is not a colour. But the absence of those. God then created "light". Light being...the stars! And not just one...but billions and trillions and quadrallions (if that's even a word)! He arranged them all together forming galaxies. And orbiting them, he placed the so called "planets". Life-supporting circular bodies of mass. Then he protected most of them by adding an "atmosphere" to absorb the star's rays that would warm them. Placed too close and it would burn. Placed too far and it would freeze. Then he found the ideal. The "middle" position. The perfect distance from the star to effectively support life and grow more beautiful and colourful.

Q: So only planets within the "habitable" zone are beautiful and colourful?
A: No. That's not what I said or meant. God added "variety". In everything. In stars , planets, galaxies and later...living beings.

Then he wanted to add something more. He added "selenas" or "moons" that would orbit their parent planets. No life would be supported on these. But hey. We all have our personal touches, right? As time went on, he added even more. Asteroids, Pulsar stars, Neutron stars , nebulas. It was amazing! Probably even more that we haven't even seen yet! 

But that was the beauty of it. And God was happy. 

Q: Why did God add many of 'everything'?
A: Why not? Everyone needs a friend. Why not our universe?

And God knew that. But He knew that even more. And He felt...well..."lonely". Because God lives. And feels. Thinks...and Decides. And so he picked one of the planets out there...in a galaxy. That planet He made the most beautiful of them all! The most diverse and the most rare in the whole universe! Then He created animals...trees....fauna and flora! And He saw...and it was...good! But then God wanted someone to talk with. Someone to spend time with. Someone to be...together with. So He created something "in His image".

Q: "In his image? So God looks like a human then? Is that what it means?"
A: "Well yes, but actually...(you guessed it - meme reference)...no! In his image means more like...in his psychology. Meaning more like "we can think, we can decide, we can feel and we can create". But most of all...we have free will. Like He does.

So He created a living being, more living than the others He already created. And He named that being..."human".

Q: So the human is like one of his best creation that best simulate what He is?
A: Actually, no. First, before any other living creature, were the Angels! Human look alike. But you know. With wings! And then he created the human.

And that human, He had walking around "Heaven" or "The Garden of Eden". But you probably know the rest...and I won't continue any further. 
What I will say however is this. 

Q: Do you know what heaven actually is?
A: A place high up in the clouds? Hence the name, heaven?
A: Actually? No.

Heaven IS Earth. That was HIS promise to us. And He delivered it. He created it. The most beautiful of all there is and would ever be. Long story short, though, the humans were full of greed and they quickly fell. Altering good and bad for themselves. And slowly destroyed heaven until this day. Our Earth. But God send his Son, Jesus Christ to give his own life in order to save ours. The ultimate sacrifice one could make. (Imagine knowing your son would die but you do it anyway. And yes maybe he could change it. Maybe there are more ways. But that's how it was done. And I dare not ask any more). 

Long post right? If you made it this far...well, first off THANK YOU for reading what I had to say. And second...you must be thinking...what about my question I posted? "What is the meaning of life?" What does all of that have to do?

A: Well that's exactly my point. Life was never yours to begin with. It was God's. And you're part of HIS world. And you should be glad! He's a Good God. Not a bad One. A caring God. Someone who lives and loves. And He loves you. He created you so that you MAY LIVE FOREVER! You see...none of us were ever meant to die. And even now...we just...don't! Think of it like we separate with our skin for a while, bringing our soul somewhere else for some time until Jesus can destroy Earth and Create the EXACT SAME ONE in it's place. Because that was heaven! Earth! Our planet!

Q: And what about the rest of the universe?
A: Do you even need to ask? You live forever. The universe is there for you to explore! That's eternity. And you will reproduce with the blessing of God and you will habit other planets as well. Creating little "earths" or little "heavens" far away, yet so close from your own.

And that my friends is , by my opinion, the meaning of life.

Amen.

(Hope I didn't offend anyone in the 21st century)

This is a question that is so open to interpretation, but it is a question still deserving thought. 

Posting it within a writing community was a good means of garnering some interesting answers. Especially since writers all have some view on that simple question within the material they write, or at least concepts they play around with related to the topic. 

Anyway! To my answer.

I think the meaning of life is simply: to be within a state of existence, through whatever lens with which we choose to perceive it, where we can experience the world until that existence ceases to be. That existence is one where you, the individual, strives to whatever form of satisfaction they can. 

Hopefully that invokes some thought!

I've pondered this a long time, and consulted many world religions and philosophies for the answer.

The closest thing to a satisfactory answer I found was in Ecclesiastes, which you can feel free to take or leave, of course. I'm not going to argue in its favor, just going to present it:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is all of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13.

I hope you will get something out of that. If you don't that's fine, of course.

Wrote: I've pondered this a long time, and consulted many world religions and philosophies for the answer.

The closest thing to a satisfactory answer I found was in Ecclesiastes, which you can feel free to take or leave, of course. I'm not going to argue in its favor, just going to present it:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is all of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13.

I hope you will get something out of that. If you don't that's fine, of course.

I believe I figured it all out, mate. And it all comes down to one thing. Love. Jesus himself said that. If you asked me how, I'm sure you wouldn't believe it.
New Reply