Basically I'm going to list every sci-fi story by genre. If I especially recommend it, I'll give it a star.
- Star Wars: Lost Hope
- The Voyager (feat. Starcraft)
- Starcraft Unbound (Starcraft, maybe others)
- Star Trek: Sidereal
Military Sci-Fi (also see mecha):
- Two Worlds*
- Quod Olim Erat*
- Chain Worlds Series: The Third Fleet, In the Name of the Allfather, Rise of Three
Survival (and by that I mean survival and/or exploration are key elements):
- The Bridge, a Science Fiction Survival Story* (the first half of the book is available, the rest is available on the author's site or published on Amazon)
- Once Human (I believe this is complete)
- A Lesser Dark series, starting with Salt in the Water
And of the ones that don't fit into the above categories,
Individual-focus (can be on a crew or group, in comparison to empire-building below):
- Deep Space Combat School: Nexus*
- Staying Human*
- Star Captain Annie
- Ayla's Junkyard (feels like an almost science fantasy novel, but whatever)
- Apex Predator
- Space Dragon
- The After Megiddo series, both The Book of Gideon and The Book of Soltana
- Archon* (haven't read, but it's in the OoPA so that counts for something)
Haven't read/very short, so not sure of subgenre, but definitely sci-fi - or recommended by others and I haven't had the time to review them:
- The Zone
- How Do You QA Test a Tsundere Android!?
- Princess Royale
- Nowhere Island University
- The Taleweaver
- The Madman's Clock
- Shepherd Moon
- Psycho Space
- The Last Walker
- Out of Space
Inactive (stated by the author as dropped, not updated in the last 6 months and believed to be incomplete, or less than 5 chapters and not updated for a month):
Mecha (also in space):
- The Grey Imperium (various)
- The Chosen Stars (Transformers)
- [/url]Life In A Galaxy Far, Far Away (SW: TOR)
- The Soul Onboard
- Warring Stars
- Silently We Dream (character is eventually transported to a fantasy world)
- Nebulous Fate (short, so category might be wrong)
- The Legend of Paul J. Raizer
- Desolate Stars
- The Galactic Salt Road: Albert's Kitchen
- Tales of the Void Traveler (A Frozen Soul story)
- Wandering Immortals
- P.I.R.A.T.E.S. (Profiteering by Instigating Random Accidents To Embezzle Shipment)
- The Journal: Gliese 581c
Haven't read/very short:
- Surviving Space
- Metallic Mind
- John Doe: A Nobody in Space
- The Outside
- Out There
- The Stowaway
- [url=http://royalroadl.com/fiction/8615]Kaiser Jager The Mutagen Hunter
Deleted (These fictions have been removed from RRL, either for author profit or regret. History shall forever remember the fallen/ascended, or at least I shall):
- Universe Online* (mostly removed from RRL, now available on Amazon)
- The Bridge, a Science Fiction Survival Story* (the first half of the book is on RRL, the rest is available for free on the author's site or published on Amazon)
- Once Giants (now removed from RRL but available on, of course, Amazon)
- A Conquest of the Stars: The Heart's Anguish (now removed from RRL but available on the author's site)
- Frozen Soul (first chapters kept on RRL and the rest available on Amazon)
- Vigil Until Dawn
- Divergent Cosmos
- Space Junk
- Intergalactic Convicts
The inactive list was last updated 1st November 2018. PM me if you want a fiction moved back to the active list.
So that's all of it. I did leave out cyberpunk and apocalyptic sci-fi from my personal recommendations, because I'm not sure where that stops and other genres end. If you're annoyed your fiction or your favourite author's fiction isn't on here, please let me know - I'd be happy to have more sci-fi to read.
I hope now I won't have to search "sci-fi" and scream when I see all the fantasy MMORPG stories with sci-fi in the tags.
There are a few others I would suggest adding onto the list:
Staying Human *I strongly recommend this one*
How Do You QA Test a Tsundere Android!?
Princess Royale - A Novel Series
I haven't read these yet, but based on what I've heard, they probably belong as well:
Nowhere Island University
Deep Space Combat School: Nexus
Also, I'm not entirely sure why, but Viken has pulled most of Universe Online from RRL. For what it's worth, RRL still benefits from the remaining Amazon links as Amazon Associates, but people looking for something to read may be disappointed.
Of the ones on your list, I believe The Soul Onboard has also been dropped.
There are a few on there that might have been dropped, I haven't seen a new chapter for a few of these for a while, but I still hold onto hope... I know the author of Splinter, for one, recently messaged me and said he was considering coming back to it. I hadn't looked at Universe Online's RRL chapters for ages, either, so I wouldn't know... shame :/ I think he was looking at writing as a full-time job, though, so fair enough if he feels he's losing money.
I'd also suggest you link your fic directly
if you want sci-fi then you can try A Numbers Game.... that was my attempt at sci-fi..... when will it update? who knows.....
if you want a soft VRMMO try Legends of Zyantra: Immortals.... more of a lighthearted story though.... also has to wait a long time for some updates....
anyway thats my lot, check them out if you like....
9/7/2016 4:22:52 AMbubbleduck Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the recommendations. Is LoZ:I a sci-fi VRMMO. or a Fantasy VRMMO produced by a Sci-Fi society? Because I'd prefer not to include the latter, due to their sheer number and how little a role the science fiction actually plays in the story. I tend to categorise LitRPG novels by the genre of the game, given how much of a role it often plays - or just leave them as LitRPG if the genre is less obvious.
L.Z:I is definitely the latter, I like to think of it as a high fantasy story where the advanced society of realty outside of the game world breaks in occasionally just to remind us that said game world is still JUST a game world.....
A.N.G on the other hand is definitely a sci-first almost space opera level story.... just I'm probably not going to update it very often or regularly.....
If you want to get a sense of where the actual science comes in rather than just the fantasy and whatnot... start here http://royalroadl.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=82927 Also keep in mind that I already have a computer science degree so there is a lot of that involved.
I write a Sci-fi/Cyberpunk novella series named "Once Giants".
Once Giants is post-cyberpunk novella series that features the lives of former starlets of a failed bio-augmented wrestling league, who are forced to use their superhuman bodies (in new and creative ways) to survive in the real world after the sport collapses.
Could you have a look and include it on your list if possible?
Kirk of Team Contract
This is the opinion of the translater about this novel.
(this is my translation of the summary so garma mistakes is inbound) ps: war stories in here mean chinese ones and doesn't include others
When reading about war stories or stories that has a large amount of war in it, Most of us only felt the anderline rush,the exciteness, the boiling drama or the impressive strategic brilliantness. Most probally read stories that has Asshole-ish MC for fun,but in this story what we see is.....
Behind the romantic comedy is Blood and Tears,Stood side by side with the floor-rolling humor is the tragicness-Tear jerking and Epic as the same time..... A small nation, a facile and perhaps weak race struggle to protect thier land.
MC is a coward, a pervert, a underhand fat asshole,.. overall a scum but he is a GOOD scum, Even thourgh he is afraid of death,he don't run form it when needed, Even thourgh he is a coward, he stand tall and proud when other fled,Even thourgh he is underhand, he don't afraid to face his enemies head on, Even thourgh he is a asshole, he can be perfect gentalman that every girl want, Even thourgh he is fat, he is one of the best COMMANDO, Mecha pilot, strategician,engineer in the galaxy. That what the MC is, a guy full of contradiction.
let me know what you think i have 20k words written i just have to edit them and get them up.