Looking for a VR novel

I, the great 7th Ancient, who is coincidentally an immortal cockroach, am in dire need of the wisdom of RoyalRoadL's various users and members.

Delusions aside(Yeah, let's keep it as delusions) I seriously need a great VR novel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has to be a fantasy type novel, without guns and mechas and what-nots<--not a fan.

The most important thing is the game system. It has to have a great game system, with good explanations and stuff

The 7th Ancient shall be waiting for thine replies.

BUT IT WAS I, DIO!!!!!!  *Dun Dun Dun!!!!*      *collective gasp*

By the way, enjoy this great video... that shall haunt your dreams forever!!!!

You must have expected a video, but I'm afraid someone might sue me. Enjoy my siggy, maybe?? :D

Kidding aside, hope I can get some good recommendations! :D :D :D :D :D

Ice cream? *offers Icecream*

RE: Looking for a VR novel

I found euphoria worthwhile.
Loiterous was also fun.
World seed ends up not entirely what you are looking for, but it is still worth a try.
Slime tamer chronicles? Seems to be dropped though...
The Gam3 should probably be mentioned.
The nebula and clockwork both by VRDraco are worth a try(slime tamer chronicles is also his if I remember correctly). He seems to be inactive lately, possibly because some of his novels are getting published.

What else...
Awaken online? Wouldn't really recommend it because you need to buy it on Amazon to read it.
Warhawx also has at least one VR story, just look him up.
But I don't want to be the protagonist has VR as the first arc.
RE:hamster has the hero-system making it essentially a game for the MC.
Dex's/Claire's adventure is the same in that regard, functioning more like a game than something else.
The tempered has a MC who essentially gets sucked into a game.
Wizard of the flower blades has the same principle.

To aru ossan no vrmmo katsudoki is not on RoyalRoad, but still a good VRMMO novel.
Only sense online too.
If you like it Legendary moonlight sculptor is also worth a try, although I found myself dropping it at vol 36 because I began to feel like it was getting repetitive.

Those are all I can think of, for now.

8/7/2016 7:35:25 PMPietje1324 Wrote: [ -> ]I found euphoria worthwhile.
Loiterous was also fun.
World seed ends up not entirely what you are looking for, but it is still worth a try.
Slime tamer chronicles? Seems to be dropped though...
The Gam3 should probably be mentioned.
The nebula and clockwork both by VRDraco are worth a try(slime tamer chronicles is also his if I remember correctly). He seems to be inactive lately, possibly because some of his novels are getting published.

What else...
Awaken online? Wouldn't really recommend it because you need to buy it on Amazon to read it.
Warhawx also has at least one VR story, just look him up.
But I don't want to be the protagonist has VR as the first arc.
RE:hamster has the hero-system making it essentially a game for the MC.
Dex's/Claire's adventure is the same in that regard, functioning more like a game than something else.
The tempered has a MC who essentially gets sucked into a game.
Wizard of the flower blades has the same principle.

To aru ossan no vrmmo katsudoki is not on RoyalRoad, but still a good VRMMO novel.
Only sense online too.
If you like it Legendary moonlight sculptor is also worth a try, although I found myself dropping it at vol 36 because I began to feel like it was getting repetitive.

Those are all I can think of, for now.

Ou! That's a lot! Thx for the suggestions! I read LMS and OSO, but dropped OSO since it was a gender bender <--NOt a fan. I'll check out the rest too! THx again! :D
8/7/2016 10:42:01 PMBlaiseCorvin Wrote: [ -> ]I can recommend any VR story in the litRPG Society group.  They're all fun.

I also recommend buying The Gam3, Awaken Online, and any other story in its published form to support the writers you like.

Ou! I'll check em out. *prepares copy apparatus on litRPG society and Delvers LLC* Don't mind me Blaise, just making some cookies :D

8/8/2016 4:33:51 AMSpartanLoki Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely try out the story Long Island, one of my favorites on the site. You were looking for stories with good game systems then this is it considering me and many reviewers have stated it is pretty in depth and one game we would definitely play if it was out.
http://royalroadl.com/fiction/412

Ou ! I'll definitely check this out ! Thx! :D :D :D

8/26/2016 3:54:55 PMedwardcastle Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't a think the weird zombiefication, then?

Why am I not desperate to eat it?

*looks better at the stuff*

Oh, well. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?

*eats everything in one go*

*fells weird*

*evil laugh* * poker face* See? It's all fine!! (Now, the curse of nelf shall be released!! MWhahahaha~!)

8/27/2016 1:34:40 AMPeliusAnar Wrote: [ -> ]I shall do some shameless self promotion and recommend my own story

Anti-Hero: Journey of Fear

The stat system used actually correlates to actual abilities. If you don't want to read through the violence and action packed plot then there is a separate bonus chapter that talks about relating stats to real life metrics. The MC does exploit these in the story and how the world is actually a VR world.

You really are shameless... Just kidding though *winks* I'll check it out! Seems interesting. 

Bloody action?!?! Count me in!