RE: New stories to watch out for

02/14/2017 15:26:12Lone Wrote: [ -> ]Is my novel too new to be considered? Then again, I guess I've already had a bunch of exposure being no.1 popular for two weeks (the pressure) Just delete this if so, I wasn't sure. c:

The Lone Wanderer

:D Not new. But as I explained somewhere else in this thread, one of the goals is to identifiy promising new stories which have not yet  reached a high exposure and might therefore be overlooked. I will compile it into a FAQ update soon.

Congrats on reaching Nr. 1!

02/14/2017 16:51:37Balthazar Wrote: [ -> ]
02/14/2017 15:26:12Lone Wrote: [ -> ]Is my novel too new to be considered? Then again, I guess I've already had a bunch of exposure being no.1 popular for two weeks (the pressure) Just delete this if so, I wasn't sure. c:

The Lone Wanderer

:D Not new. But as I explained somewhere else in this thread, one of the goals is to identify promising new stories which have not yet reached a high exposure and might, therefore, be overlooked. I will compile it into a FAQ update soon.

Congrats on reaching Nr. 1!

Thought so, thanks for letting me know c:
And thank you. c:

Hey gonna post about my newest novel lol

Hey all, its Markious and I want to promote my newest novel so without further adieu:

I Think My Familiar is a DemonLord

Cover art:

Spoiler :
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFTGmsjQ.png

Synopsis:

Spoiler :
Lira was a second year student at the Grulik School of Magic,  a prestigious school where royalty sent their children to learn not only how to be mages but also the leaders of the next generation.  Here in this environment she struggles as the illegitimate daughter of a minor duke. Every second year student is required to summon a familiar to be there constant companions and helpers for the rest of their lives. Much to Lira’s surprise her familiar came in the form of a man that goes by the name Leon. The question now is he really a man or something else entirely?

Author’s note:

This one is going to be my take on Zero no Tsukaima(Familiar of Zero)  however the main female won’t be a tsundere bitch, and the main male won’t be a pussy. So expect a mix of slice of life and action and as always sex, lots and lots of sex.

01/18/2017 11:13:14j0nn0 Wrote: [ -> ]Guess who's alive? Viken! That's who. Anybody remember him from 2014-2015? Anybody? No? Well darn... anyways, he's back with a new fic, The Sin Within.

I really hope he's here to stay and finish it for us freeloaders.

Been a while since I've seen Viken around. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't even posted on amazon in a while, which is what he said he would be doing.
   Have to say, it's a shame he left his last fiction, before this one, at two chapters, although since he's back there might've been more. His World Seed, to be specific (not the one by Karambi (or however his name is spelt, I can't honestly remember)). Seemed like it would be a good post-apocalyptic LitRPG. Spent a while with the f5 squad for a third update to it, but it never came.
   I'll probably check out The Sin Within when I get some free time to do so, and I'm already looking forward to it!

Hello thread!  *waving*

Just thought I'd drop a message of thanks since I hadn't actually thought to check this newcomers list until today.  I didn't even realize I made it into Balthazar's lists for this month!  I'm pretty thrilled since RRL and publishing a novel online is new to me.  I'm also pretty bad with marketing myself, so this is a nice surprise.  

The Misr Effect is my project to write an adventure romance that men can enjoy.   I was at lost as to how to advertise it without scaring the men with the R-word!   Anyway, it's been fun writing it, so I hope others get some value from the love I've poured into it so far.  

Thank you for those who have followed, it really makes the effort to post here worthwhile. 

<3 Linny

Can I self promote? Although idk if my story can be considered new. I posted the first and second draft on the site, but was so embarassed about plot holes that I just deleted the chapters. I recently revamped the first volume to a quality that I find great (First time I'm actually proud of being able to say that I'm the author), which I started publishing a few days ago.

Sorry if it isn't okay to post this here (pm me and I'll delete this post.)

Can I self-promote? XD I'm writing a fantasy, adventure, romance, slightly sci-fi book called Hearts of Ice. It's relatively new. I started it about a month ago.

It's about life in a part of planet Nexus during war. I'm writing through teen's eyes because I don't even know how adults think, so it'll center more around a group of Falconers (a group of super-humans whose powers go berserk sometimes ~quote from a friend), Afton, and Kaylie (for the first few chapters it's only around the latter two).

The struggle for an interesting game has been the story of my life for quite some time. Every game I find is either too easy, not interesting or too short. 

Luckily, my two brothers who match my level of skill, albeit in different areas, tend to spice things up. When I look at my older brother I have no idea how he gets anything done when he's such an idiot. Still it doesn't detract from my respect for him as a gamer, though maybe a little. When I look at my younger brother I marvel at the monster that my older brother and I created. Deadliness, craftiness and quiet, both in what he does and how he is. Though he's open when its just us three.
When it's just us three we tend to destory everything in our path. So normally we tend to compete rather than team. Although that isn't to say we're just good as individuals. When we work together our effectiveness multiplies rather than lowering.
Well enough about us dorks.
Anyway a new VR game came out, apparently in development for quite some time. Of course my older brother decided to drive out and buy three copies. What would this one be missing? Difficulty? Depth? Length? 
In any case I plan to reach the top before my brothers do. It was a competition after all.
Twoen had all three things I normally yearn for in spades.
Something I did not foresee.
A keeper

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10309

Honestly probably the best story on the site

02/25/2017 02:04:27Cherdenko1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://royalroadl.com/fiction/6968
Hi i just want to shamelessly promote my novel. It was on hiatus for seven months and now im continuing it. So it's fairly new. You can read and d cide what to think of it thank you

Well, I have seen your story in the past and even gave it a try twice. However, originating from Southern Germany myself I find your story severely lacking in knowledge and realism and cannot reconcile it with what I know about my local histories.

TL;DR Not my cup of tea due personal experience, but maybe yours.

Housekeeping note: Authors, please refrain from self-promoting your story twice.

I like to recommend the short story Artifical Interface.
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/chapter/120563

While not exactly new stories they are new on RRL. These books were previously published however the authors went free with them.

Salt in the Water- A Lesser Dark: Book I  : http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10083
Ghosts in the Glass-- A Lesser Dark: Book II : https://royalroadl.com/fiction/10724

I would describe the story as a mix between fantasy and sci-fi (Leaning more to sci fi) in a Mad Max esque world(Desert, water is extremely important etc.).

I highly recommend them.