Re: ~Recommendations~

Those who aspire to become Gods: a darker fairytale
It's a (very) dark fantasy book with clear game elements
It's 31 chapters long, give or take
Not sure about word count, but it's 2600pages, massive chapters 

The author is currently on a long hiatus but about a year ago, after a year of hiatus, she sent a message saying she was coming back with a lot of her work being destroyed along with her laptop (I think it's a 'her').

Anyway, the story is fantastic; easily one of the best ones I've read ever (contending with don't fear the reaper and The Gam3) but definately coming out on top

10/10 - And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad

Hi, I'm A.A.James!
I love reading Motivational, Fantasy, and Manga. I believe that books are one of the most important things that teach you about new things, especially how to shape and develop yourself into a unique individual.

I'm currently a 15-year-old High school Freshman, and man is school so (╯°□°)╯, but I love to write in my spare time anyways!

Apart from loving books, music is something I love, as well. Since a very young age, I have been doing music as a part of my daily life. I can play four different instruments and sing. I also love art, specifically, the ones used to create manga's and animes, maybe one day I'll learn to design my own!

This is the first time I'm publishing my work on Royal Road please enjoy!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23313/utopia-the-first-journey-and-the-awakening-volume

Fiction Name: AfterWorld

Genre: Fiction

Number Of Chapters: 12 (Ongoing)

Word Count: Approximately 26K

Additional Comments: This is the second story I have written and it is still ongoing. Though with real world stuff and rewriting my first story along with writing a third that has yet to be posted I am a bit behind or chapters. My posting of new chapters is a bit slower than average around 1 chapter a month though it can be faster at times. More chapters come out when I have the time or inspiration hits me. A review would be nice if you have time though if not no big deal. 

Finally reached ten chapters. I think my story might fill the bill, but it may be wishful thinking.

Fiction Name: A healthy mind in a healthy body

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Magic, Male Lead, Martial Arts, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy.

Number of Chapters: 10

Word Count (approximate is fine): About 24,536 words

Any Additional Comments: First story. I think my writing has already improved respect the first chapters (though it's been just a week). So the later chapters may be better than the first ones.

Fiction name - Battling Records of the Chosen One, a very very great fantasy novel you can read. 

In the vast and boundless continent Cangtu, there were ancient sects governing the Ten Old Domains, unworldly immortal clans beyond the Blue Sky, and primordial demon gods dominating the dark abyss that together created a great number of brilliant stories over the long course of the history.

In this very world, there was a boy, named Lin Xun, who embarked on his journey to the pinnacle of strength alone through cultivation and spiritual tattoo inscribing.

Escaping alone from the Mine Prison where he had been living since he was adopted by Master Lu, Lin Xun knew nothing about his identity but the little information his adopter, Master Lu, had told him. With two ancient spiritual tools Master Lu gave to him before the destruction of the Mine Prison, Lin Xun started his journey to Ziyao Empire, where he is supposed to find out the truth of his lost Spiritual Vessel and the person who slaughtered his family, leaving him orphaned.

Will he be able to unlock the mysteries of the two magic treasures, unveil the secrets of his identity and create a legend of his own?

Fiction Name: At the End of the World

Genre: Fantasy / Horror, with a dash of Mystery and Action

Number of Chapters: 30

Word Count: Almost 75k

Any Additional Comments: The very short version: Soulsborne meets Madoka. The slightly longer version: Four shunned heroes embark on a journey through a nightmarish wonderland to save themselves and their dying world, by killing God. Reviews would be great. I have no idea whether I'm doing anything right or wrong at this point! Book 1 is finished, with book 2 starting soon!

Title: Ghostified City

Genre: classic dystopian, soft scifi, post-apocalyptic slice of life, existential drama, other
(with possible fantasy and magical realism elements in later arcs)

Word count: around 40K and 147 pages currently 

Chapters: around 35 currently

Updated each week

(Mature tags to be on the safe side, less sexual and traumatising content than for example '1984')

Synopsis: Man in a future version of our world discovers that he hasn't met any humans for years when he meets a woman and  makes a new friend in a weird bar. He starts questioning everything he knows about the world he's living in, and finds out his species is on the brink of extinction. Where to go from here, and what's up with those weird dreams?

Every time I look back at this thread I am shocked at the amount of attention it still receives, even after so much time. It is heartwarming to read the appreciative comments you all have left, and even though I am quite possibly the least active OP on the site, I hope to continue to add to the thread for much time to come.

Rest assured, I haven't stopped reading. New stories are made and updated every day, and I spend considerable amounts of my time enjoying them.

And I don't think I've closed a tab on my phone in months.

Huge update coming tonight, I can only hope I'll finish everything before I pass out.

TLDR: thanks, yo. update time

EDIT:
Oh dear.

Something terrible has happened with the editing program, and a good portion of the post was cut off. Will try to fix it...

EDIT 2:

Well, most of the admins are offline. The only backup I have is very, very outdated. We'll have to see if something can be done tomorrow.

If not, well... I'll take my lumps and carry on. Fortunately I have a good portion of the stories on the list open in various tabs on various devices, and several are on my backup, though a few of the older stories will undoubtedly be lost.

On a side note, does anyone know why the editing program has deteriorated? In the past, there was a quick edit mode, indistinguishable from the current editing program, and a full edit mode, which had more features and was a much better experience overall.

Fiction name: The Warrior Orphan
Genre: Low fantasy, drama, magic, psychological, multiple lead characters

Number of chapters: 56 (completed)
Word count: 144550

Synopsis: when a tragedy destroys his home, a naive kid discovers how violent and unfair life can be. Picked up by a band of mercenaries, the orphan decides he wants to become a strong person, someone who can protect others. In the world he has to face, however, just being powerful or righteous won't be enough.

Additional comments: the story takes a little time to pick up its pace, and its characters develop at a slower rate than most other works here on RRL. I'm a patient reader who hates rushing things and it's the kind of book I like the most.

Its sequel (here) is currently ongoing and 5 chapters (around 15000 words) long, updated every Friday.

Update!

Added:
[email protected] by Irony
The Demonologues by Bizmatech
Fork This Life by jinxs2011
The Immortal by TheGibber
Living a Long Life as a Legend by bor902
The Zombie Knight Saga by George M. Frost
Wake of the Ravager by Macronomicon
RE: Trailer Trash by FortySixtyFour

I have many more to add but that's what I could get to tonight.

If you notice any odd spacing or issues with text sizes, it's because the editor is still a little broken and that's the best I could do :/

Please take a look at mine if you can!

Title: My attack stat is negligible, so I can't help but rely on critical hits to succeed!
Genre: Fantasy, GameLit, Anime-like Adventure, dash of Fantasy Romance

Chapters: 57 (ongoing, 3/week)
Word count: 130K

Synopsis:
Having been summoned to another world, Claude Evers is devastated to find out that he has no attack or magic proficiency. In a world of swords and magic, Claude endeavors to become his master's...chef? Despite this turn of events, he soon finds himself relying on his wit and strange abilities to stand by his master's side. With such fearsome enemies in this world, what solutions can Claude hope to cook up?

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29406/my-attack-stat-is-negligible-so-i-cant-help-but

Take a look at mine!

Title: Legend of the Lost Star
Genre: Fantasy, Psychological, High Fantasy
Chapter count: 107, split into Books 1 and 2. Releases daily. We're moving to Book 3 now...

Synopsis: 
As a war of epic proportions enters a ceasefire, a soul from another world enters a dead boy's body. Without any memories of who he was, with only a little companion by his side, the lost soul begins his long, arduous journey to recover his memories, while unraveling the mysteries of a war-torn world.

Why was he sent here? And where will he go now? Even he himself does not know.

But one thing is for certain: the world will never be the same again.

Comments: Apparently my story takes a little while before it gets up and running, or so I'm told...