Become a PenDragon!

Welcome to PenDragon. A group of people dedicated to improving the quality of their work. The purpose of the group is to help one another cultivate our writing skills from writing style to story progression, sharing ideas and opinions. Basically everything that can help elevate the novels and at the same time encourage the author. Everyone is welcome!

Our weekly meetings:

Panopticon session:
Is where we share our Google documents of our writing so that we can continue writing, make edits or comment our opinions on each other's work. When you do not know who is watching you write, you get pressured to not stop writing. In case you get distracted, a member watching your progress could give you a motivation kick, they will comment and if your not working they will “scold you”... or you could be the one scolding. This isn't mandatory, but it is kinda fun :P

Pictostory:
Planned: Once a week we have a mini-contest where someone chooses a picture and we write a short story based on that picture. You could even volunteer to be a judge for this contest!

We have a 24/7 discord chat for sharing ideas and opinions, requesting feedback, having fun or simply just chatting.

PenDragons' heart:
People are allowed to have a break. However, the purpose of the group is to improve our writing as individuals, if someone doesn’t wish to work on that and is inactive as a group member, then they will be kicked out of the group. (Inactive > meaning simply not around at all.)
This pushes people to continue working or helping others.
This also removes “bad influences” like procrastinators from the group.

If you wanna discuss something, or just pop in and say "hi" go here --> https://discord.gg/R9mqxkh

Everyone is welcome! I repeat Everyone is welcome! whether it’d be authors, proofreaders artists, fans, users leaving comments, critics, potential reviewers... as long as you are active and support the community you will be welcome in PenDragon!

If you have any questions, or would like to join us, simply reply to this topic.

RE: Become a Scribble!

Quote:
Our weekly meetings:

Panopticon session:
Twice a week, we share our Gdocs together, and we start writing or rewriting our work. When you do not know who is watching you write, you get pressured to not stop writing. In cases you get distracted, a member that would be checking other’s progress to get a motivation kick, would find you are not working and would “scold you”, or you could be the one scolding.

If I remember correctly we are having a meeting sometime today right or was it on Friday?

02/24/2016 20:48:01 Wrote: [ -> ]Scribble sounds more for the artsy part of the community,not necessarily part of the writing.

So untrue.

A scribe is a person who writes books or documents by hand in hieroglyphics, cuneiform or other scripts and may help keep track of records for priests and government.

The word 'scribble' refers to writing (or drawings) done in a hurry. You could say we're in a hurry to improve our writing skillz, haha

I would just like to welcome Kazumi to the group formally. i hope you will have fun, but most of all learn with us, as we all endeavor to improve ourselves as well as our writing ability.

If you have any questions or need any help please don't hesitate to ask the group on Skype or Chatango. Your fiction will also be added to the list with ours.

03/04/2016 06:05:05Chiisutofupuru Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to apply for Unice's group, (if that's still a thing).
*Feeling ambitious*

Hello Chiisu.

Uchan is going to go through your fiction and if she finds one mistake your request will be denied. If that is the case you can only make another attempt in a month. Is this an official application or do you need time to go through your fiction one last time?

03/05/2016 19:25:21 Wrote: [ -> ]
03/04/2016 06:05:05Chiisutofupuru Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to apply for Unice's group, (if that's still a thing).
*Feeling ambitious*

Hello Chiisu.

Uchan is going to go through your fiction and if she finds one mistake your request will be denied. If that is the case you can only make another attempt in a month. Is this an official application or do you need time to go through your fiction one last time?

One mistake...
(Ya, I should probably go through it once more, haha)
Sounds like fun.

03/06/2016 01:48:40Chiisutofupuru Wrote: [ -> ]
03/05/2016 19:25:21 Wrote: [ -> ]
*Feeling ambitious*

Hello Chiisu.

One mistake...
(Ya, I should probably go through it once more, haha)
Sounds like fun.

Good Luck buddy, I hope you make it when you do put in the official application!

03/08/2016 12:30:48Theloli Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings and salutations! Now that I have gotten two fellas insisting that I should join the mysterious and ominous group that goes by the name Scribble, I decided to ask whether it would be jolly if I'd join.

Haha ominous you say. Well i guess it depends on how you look at it. If you joining us will help you achieve a goal and your willing to work towards it. You are welcome.

Manic and I can send you the link in order to join us on Skype as well as chatango.