RE: Cartography Contest Guide

10/31/2015 00:43:59ReshiMael Wrote: [ -> ]
The Contest Rules

No using pre-made maps.

Using a map generator is not allowed.

Submission Requirements

Submissions that are not linked to/posted in a thread in the correct contest forum will not be judged.

Submissions deadline is December 7th.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

just because i am overly cautious, i will link my submission here, because maybe that's what i'm supposed to do

http://royalroadl.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=38899

The Contest Rules

No using pre-made maps.

Submission Requirements

Submissions that are not linked to/posted in a thread in the correct contest forum will not be judged.

Question: Does 'pre-made maps' include the maps which I've made myself, or does it refer to plagiarising someone else's map?

11/14/2015 10:40:36Dagashi Wrote: [ -> ]
The Contest Rules

No using pre-made maps.

Submission Requirements

Question: Does 'pre-made maps' include the maps which I've made myself, or does it refer to plagiarising someone else's map?

Pre-made maps means maps that were made by you (Or someone else) previous to the contest. Plagiarism is in violation of that, and the spirit of good penguinism.

Should the submission be linked to already existing stories or is it okay to submit a map for a story that is yet to be submitted? I have another story already made and looking to publish it after I've done proofreading it almost to the death. While making the map within 3 days is easy enough, I don't think I can finish proofreading the story in time.

12/03/2015 21:12:32Ai-chan Wrote: [ -> ]Should the submission be linked to already existing stories or is it okay to submit a map for a story that is yet to be submitted? I have another story already made and looking to publish it after I've done proofreading it almost to the death. While making the map within 3 days is easy enough, I don't think I can finish proofreading the story in time.

the rules didn't say anything about linking your map with a story, so even a not-related-to-a-story map should be allowed