Need clarification on the rules about sexual content

I was refreshing myself on the content guidines and found myself confused about where the actual line is. 

My story does contain direct, detailed descriptions of sexual acts but they are not the main focus of the story as a whole. I intend to have content warnings on chapters that contain sex scenes. 

But is that okay? The guidelines seem a little vague about whether it's okay to actually describe events or if you're supposed to suggest that intercourse is happening without going into much detail. 

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need clarification on the rules about sexual content

larareispoetry Wrote: Sexual content is tagged properly is allowed (you can set the sexual content tag for your book, so no need to warn at each chapter.)

What can't happen is illegal content example paedophilia or rape romanticised. you may talk about it, but don't make it a good thing.

Now normal sex/spicy content is okay as long is not the core of your novel.

Thanks for the clarification! 

Some things to note.

1. A chapter cannot make up the majority of the scenes. Lengths vary.

2. Out of the entirety of your story, 10% is accepted. However, 15% of the word total is the maximum they will allow. Think of the 15% as a safety net to get things under control.

Then you get into certain explicit stuff that isn’t allowed, and naturally have the tag on.

Edge Wrote: Some things to note.

2. Out of the entirety of your story, 10% is accepted. However, 15% of the word total is the maximum they will allow. Think of the 15% as a safety net to get things under control.

Then you get into certain explicit stuff that isn’t allowed, and naturally have the tag on.

On your first point, do you mean that the majority of any given chapter can't be explicit content?

Spattykins Wrote:
Edge Wrote: Some things to note.

On your first point, do you mean that the majority of any given chapter can't be explicit content?
The majority of any chapter. In short, you can have an extremely long one. However, it cannot make up most of it. I believe it has to stay within the 10 to 15% range.