Re: January 2023 Thread - Promote your Story

Wing Wrote: For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available), and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. This is why this thread for self-promotions is monthly-based (to not overflow it). At the start of next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!

You can also use this subforum to promote your fiction https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5689
Name: era of war

Genre: fantasy, tragedy, action, adventure, war and millitary.

Synopsis: I always wanted power and knowledge, i was too lazy to strive for it though, i had multiple chances to grow strong and so i did, but it never seemed like it was enough for me, to many of my comrades are dead... Who am i kidding, they were destined to die from the begining... There was no helping it, i guess, it was foolish to challenge a god.
A war broke out, it was unexpected, the four calamities ravaged the land and we barely even recovered from the previous conflict.
I was immature, foolish, i was a child. But so were they, they didn't deserve to die anymore than me. I don't have much time myself, although the conflict is over and the god is dead... Did we actually win? Was the end goal worth the countless lives lost? Will the world recover from the war? These question are on my mind even in my dying moments, its funny, i died almost as patheticly as i lived. My family and friends needed me the most and i was too carefree, living life to the fullest, i just want to sleep, sleep my days away, why can't i? I want to be back... To my younger times where i was living well, where i could sleep the whole day and wake up seeing my family... My sister, my mother, my father... I miss them... And soon will meet them again. But i only need one question answered...
If i knew what would have happened then... Could i have done anything to stop it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you will enjoy it, don't be afraid to drop some genuine critism and feedback in the comments. Thank you :) 

My Best Friend is a Prince from Another World
https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2FFa6mpg...%3Dw400-h600
Blurb:
“...so other worlds with magic are real, and supposedly my mom was a princess from one of them and they’re asking me to go there because I’m next in line for the throne.”

High school friends Mark and Joel have their lives uprooted when Joel discovers that his late mother was a princess who fled from another world. With the King old and infirm,

Joel is asked to return to that world and take his place as the rightful heir.

Before that, he must graduate high school. How will Joel be able to live in a new world and claim his throne?

Mark, a nerdy and isolated young man, follows his one close friend to a new high school in a new world. It can’t be worse than NYC in the early 1990s, can it...?
-----

Not fan-fic, but the original idea was "what happens if a western portal fantasy meets a mash up of isekai and school-life romcom anime," and I've tried to work a lot of tropes and references in.  Updates roughly weekly, although the first ~50k words have already been posted on another site, and I'm bringing them here pretty rapidly.

My personal introduction here: https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/125902

Broods of Fenrir - A Contemporary Fantasy Adventure (Posting a chapter a week)

For decades shapeshifter Brand Geirson has avoided his brutal society, until a werewolf kills an innocent woman and he finds himself dragged back into the violent politics of the Broods of Fenrir. When the two women who mean the most to him come under threat, he must take up the throne and risk becoming the kind of vicious monster his father was, or let the broods descend further into chaos.

Other Terrestrial Episode 8 is posting now!  Updated every weekday!

Still stationed in the cutthroat but neutral port of Gohhi Station, the Craton's crew must faced crazed killers and political intrigue to escape - and perhaps catch a very unique play based (very loosely) on the history of humanity . . .

Other Terrestrial is a hard scifi/cosmic horror serial, with a focus on hard science, strong characterizations, and contemplating the indescribable.

Hello all, 
This is my first book of the Geb War Chronicles, a book series that is still ongoing with the second book currently being edited at the moment. It is a self published book that can be brought on Amazon and other ebook websites, however I am posting the first half of the book for free on Royal Road in an attempt to help grow the number of readers. At present I will be uploading each chapter on the first of every month until the half way mark is reached. The story synopsis is down below. 

I have also uploaded a series of short stories that I have written due to not being able to use the ideas found in said stories for my main book series. This collection of short stories is called Endless Writings at Midnight. Currently there are 3 chapters/stories uploaded to Royal Road. These stories will range from magic and fantasy to sci-fi and wonder. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my stories. 
Kind Regards, Alexander Schmid.  

Mirror of Reality: Link to book page

Story Synopsis:
The peace of the Empire of Geb is broken by an attack from Mirror of Reality, an Esper of immense power seeking to gain dominion over both magic and science. And in response to this unprecedented attack Ivan Stein and Argon Krieg, the Generals of the Arthurian Armies create a team to slay the mighty and all but unbeatable being that attacked their empire, the empire of Arthur Exaltia, King of the Seraphim. The God Squad. A squad made to fight Mirror of Reality and any other being that threatens the Empire of Geb even if they are Gods. The Paladin Grey Silverman, the Mage Jane Burnout, the Seraphim brothers Edward and Aleister Maw, and finally the Witch Lillian Darkseed, all of whom are gathered and bound together on an adventure across the world and through magical wonders to fight in a war that will change the world of Geb.