What counts as a view?

I was looking through my analytics and noticed a small discrepancy between what I expected and what it actually says. So I was wondering, when does something count as a view? Does it mean that somebody loaded the page, does it mean someone read a part of the chapter, or the whole chapter? Or maybe just that someone spend a certain amount of time on the page?

Re: What counts as a view?

The total views represent the people clicking on the fiction and just seeing the blurb.
people who got into a chapter would be counted as people who read the current chapter, and as a result, the chapter views will rise.

Someone could just go through the entire chapters, one after one, without even looking at the content, only to write an advanced review later on. Because he counts as a person who read more the a certain amount of chapters, even though he didn't really read them.

I'm pretty sure that this is how it works m8, cheers

Dante Wrote: The total views represent the people clicking on the fiction and just seeing the blurb.
people who got into a chapter would be counted as people who read the current chapter, and as a result, the chapter views will rise.

Someone could just go through the entire chapters, one after one, without even looking at the content, only to write an advanced review later on. Because he counts as a person who read more the a certain amount of chapters, even though he didn't really read them.

Wait, is that total views count different from the one in the dashboard? Because in my case total views is exacty the same as the sum of all chapter views.

The blurb page doesn't count. Views are per page per person. That is why longer stories with more chapters get more views. Since people binge read them. So, a story with 1 person reading the entire thing with 800 chapters, gets 800 views. But 50 people reading a story with 10 chapters, only gets 500 views. This assumes people read the entire story. Many people drop after the first chapter.

EuRoboto Wrote:
Dante Wrote: The total views represent the people clicking on the fiction and just seeing the blurb.

Wait, is that total views count different from the one in the dashboard? Because in my case total views is exacty the same as the sum of all chapter views.
You're right, 
I'm just an idiot  DrakanSigh