Re: Searching for litrpg

I think you may be too vague for RoyalRoad, as it's basically the home for free LitRPG-stories. Do you look for more western or easter style stories? Traveling or stationary? Power fantasy or hard working characters? Hard or soft system? Pure in the genre or rather deconstructive?

Oh well, time to put my story in, before you can answer and I get answers that won't fit! :P

https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.png

(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Synopsis
Katsuragi Kenta was a gamer. He did exactly what he needed to obtain the games he wanted and the time to play them; nothing more, nothing less. When his entire class is transported to a fantasy world, Kenta is suddenly an expert on their situation and the world around them. Naturally, he sets out on his own to escape his two faced classmates.
Two months later he returns and discovers that Momokawa Kyou, formerly the most popular girl in class, was left behind by their classmates. The two strike up an uneasy alliance despite despising each other. What’s more, they may have to work together to survive a curse.
Kenta will have his hands full surviving his new fantasy world. If the monsters don’t get him, Kyou just might!

Some cornerstones
* emulates Eastern style written in English by a German hamster---what?
* Characters are traveling, each volume being in one spot or area
* While there is the "cheat ability", cheating means in this case participating into activities the MC doesn't like, which puts it more into the hardworking camp
* System may be hard, but it lacks explanation and the more the story progress, the more soft it seems to become (as in: What does [Strength] 45 actually mean!? Lifting 45kg?)
* Uses some satire here and there, some deconstruction of the genre, but while the first few volumes are more heavy on that, it becomes more of a proper LitRPG-story later (first three volumes especially are harsh, starting with any volume is fine, and volume 4 is a good mid-way start, as the party is "complete" by that point)
* I will quote someone recommending my story to another person, which should you give a rough image of what to expect:
Quote:Basically, loser japanese gets isekaid with his class and left out of hero party, but is able to metagame the rpg nature of the world (basically, maximize xp gain despite being lame scout class). He finds a ring that curses him, so death is inevitable. Another isekaid japanese girl had picked a job/subjob that seems to make sense, but later ends up in despair because of the silly rules of the rpg world - only last-hitters get xp, and she's priestess/healer that can't kill anything on her own. Scout+her make a deal for him to help her level up, but she has to help heal him and keep him alive from his curse. Well, basically the cursed ring is actually a harem ring and they get forcefully married despite basically hating everything about each other. This process repeats with a crazy princess and even crazier elf, there may be more after that but the story had quite a bit of comedy- the mcs distrust is at unbelievable levels and there is always funny reasons for the harem situations. I think this story would make a great anime despite being written by a western author, though them being an anime/jp novel fan is obvious.

Re: Searching for litrpg

On the main page of the site is the "popular this week" section. Almost everything in there fits what you are asking for. Azarinth Healer, Path of Ascension, Runesmith, Salvo, and Beneath the Dragoneye Moons are all FAR beyond your meager chapter requests, are highly enjoyable, have litRPG systems, continue to produce chapters, and haven't gone to Kindle Unlimited so you can read them from the beginning.

I'd put mine up for consideration, but one is on hiatus and the other is new so it doesn't yet meet your chapter requirements.