Simple Guide For Improving View Rate

Pay close attention to the words ‘improving’ and ‘view rate’. This means there is no guarantee, but a way to increase the chances of this occurring. From my own personal experience, these works well.

1. Shoutouts.
—> The logic is quite simple with this. The more places your work is available on, the higher the chances of attracting readers. I’ve been to say, feverishly doing this. And the amount I attracted, has shown quite a bit in the past two weeks.

2. Multiple Platforms.
—> Expanding your net is the way of doing things. Just ensure to leave a link back to where they can read ahead.

3. Do not hesitate to share your story in conversations and other occurrences like this.
—> Advertisement is key to getting out there.

4. Review Swaps.
—> The main purpose of this is for other readers to look at. From analytics, there are a range who comes to a story based on the review of another, even in swaps.

5. Try and read the works of others, and comment.
—> The commenting is the important take away here. Your purpose is to leave yourself available for others to see, thus it can lead back to you. 

6. Review others.
—> Once again, this is to lead back to yourself. You are making yourself known.

7. Monthly promotion of your work.
—> Once a month Wing opens a thread to promote your work. As well as once a month, you can post a thread to recommend your own. Take advantage of this.

8. Interact on the forums.
—> While the amount of people who use to forums are a small portion. This nonetheless is a way to gain attention for yourself.

9. Finish what you start.
—> This is about building a reputation. If readers know you finish what you start, they are more likely to stay with you for the long run. 

10. Disengage hostility.
—> This means, try to calm a situation you are in, rather than escalate. If all else fails, apologize and leave. This is damage mitigation, as it reflects to your reputation. The less trouble you are involved in, the better.

11. Have a cover.
—> Even a poorly made cover can attract others. 

12. Ensure to edit your work.
—> Even if it is not a perfect edit, which to be fair, nothing is. You will still leave a better impression on readers.

13. Take advantage of author notes.
—> Can question readers, remind them to rate, review, like, and follow. And even tell them how they can support the work(s), such as recommending it to others.

14. Your signature.
—> You can set it from the settings options, then click the check box during your post. This will display your story below.

15. Summary/blurb/synopsis
—> Thank you Cymas for bringing this up.
—> Anyway, it is whatever you wanna call it at this point. I don’t really care. The take away here, is that even having one gives readers something to look at, and increases your chances of attracting them. After finishing your story, this is around the time to give it another really well thought out look, and carefully craft it with the knowledge you have of it. The point is to give the readers a feel of what to expect.

16. Most importantly, perseverance.
—> Even if things do not work right off the bat, you can still grow. It’ll take a lot of work, but stick around long enough, and you’ll see the results. I speak from personal experience here.

—> Anyway, I probably missed some points here. Though, this much is likely to help your chances. 

Re: Simple Guide For Improving View Rate

I would add to this writing a good description that is reflective of the story. Your story blurb is a hugely important marketing tool, it is not a place to be mysterious or where you do worldbuilding or share random bits of lore. The blurb tells readers why they should read your story, what separates it from the other 30k+ works on this site. It should be carefully crafted to be engaging for your readers, not something you just slap on at the end and call it a day.

Cymas Wrote: I would add to this writing a good description that is reflective of the story. Your story blurb is a hugely important marketing tool, it is not a place to be mysterious or where you do worldbuilding or share random bits of lore. The blurb tells readers why they should read your story, what separates it from the other 30k+ works on this site. It should be carefully crafted to be engaging for your readers, not something you just slap on at the end and call it a day.
Ah yeah, definitely should be added on there. Having one versus not having one will show a difference, let alone properly crafting one. I’ll put it in.

R Wrote:
Edge Wrote: 1. Shoutouts.

Is there a good place to do shoutouts? I'm never sure where to put them in.
Author's note, either before or after the chapter. Before might be more intrusive to viewers, but I think more will see/read it? Like, if it's at the bottom, the binge-readers will just click "Next Chapter" and likely not look at the note.

Also, you can put it in a spoiler if you think it is too intrusive. But that would only further decrease the number of people who look at it, idk, it's a balancing act.

And the way to get shoutouts is through some forum threads (not many), and better, talking directly with other authors (DMs, Discord, ...).

From what I've seen, shoutouts can be really OP. Like, a few good ones can push you to Rising Stars where without them, the story maybe wouldn't get the by itself.