This thread is locked

July Thread - Promote your Story

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available), and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. This is why this thread for self-promotions is monthly-based (to not overflow it). At the start of next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!

You can also use this subforum to promote your fiction https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5689

Re: July Thread - Promote your Story

Rye wakes up with a toad in her mouth. From the first day the world is out to make her life miserable as she struggles through living without a sun, through graves and grave threats in the form of man or monster, or even just her innermost doubts and insecurities.

Join her as she explores a dark, dark world and slowly, but surely finds her place in it. Or will she? What if the world has no place for a small, weak and uncertain person like her? How will she  adapt, if at all, to ever worsening circumstances?

(Features a slow-burning progression, many setbacks and a thousand ways to suffer in the age of darkness with a slice of humor to finish it off. Expect the dark-souls of adventure stories.)

Story link in my signature.

The Mook Maker, the portal fantasy where certain power creates more problems than it solves. Join the protagonist in his search for answers, to find the way home back to the normal life ... and his struggle to manage the horde of aggressive monsters. 

(link in signature)

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1655918958

There are many possible fates that can await those whisked away from our world to another.
Some became heroes or villains, given the right power to forge their own destinies as they wished.
Others, the powerless, became victims, doomed to perish, at the mercy of the cruel world filled with mystical powers they are unprepared for.
A lone man that woke up alone under the alien sky was neither of those.
He didn't get to choose what he was going to become - a disaster, an unwilling source of intelligent, yet violent monsters, slowly but steadily rising in numbers. Stranded in a foreign land, without even knowing the language, his creations may be the only company he would ever find. 
He wasn’t powerless. But was he really that much better off? 
It just took one wrong power.

The Adventures of BLUE EAGLE is a true blue return to the classics of the superhero genre. This eight episode series was lovingly recreated in the spirit of the old superhero cartoons of the 1960s and 70s, and each episode is its own exciting adventure.

Join BLUE EAGLE--champion of justice--and his sidekick SWITCH the Blue Eaglet as they leap into action to defend Herald City from the dastardly, dangerous, and deadly destroyers of peace and order that seek to conquer or destroy it. They'll battle crazy criminals and psychotic supervillains.... including their archnemesis QUEEN VENUS!

DON'T MISS THE EXCITING ADVENTURES OF BLUE EAGLE AND SWITCH THE BLUE EAGLET!

Blurbs are my weakness, but here's what I've got! -->

Centuries after a queen and seer would have done anything to save her daughter, a series of events begin to unravel, starting with a crack in the Kevah's fortress wall and the hidden gate it reveals. Eva finds herself in the middle of it, when she and her team, Company Twelve, are sent to investigate.

Word count on RR: low because I just joined this week, but I've got a bit of a backlog to post from :)

My story has/will have 3 distinct parts that are either already written or already outlined. I plan on writing future stories in the same universe as well, but for now it is time for Under the Darkened Sun !!!

Also, please enjoy the lovely cover art that was done by Jon C. Pool with oils!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/55911/under-the-darkened-sun-part-1-behind-the-iron

The Twins of the Aletere

Follow Groyven and Tiffaniel Desilantre as they brave the wilds to find sanctuary

Book 1 - Shadow of the Eclipse  [Complete 2nd Draft]
Finding the path and mending the wounds of grief is a tumultuous undertaking for the twins Desilantre after the loss of their parents a year earlier. In the midst of battle, a fateful event tears them from the elven warship, the Lychen’s Fiddle and the broken remnants of their family. Hurting and afraid, they find themselves lost and alone in the wilderness with no discernible way home. Cooperation is key should they survive in these uncharted lands, yet the ancient plague of sibling rivalry constantly threatens to tear them apart. 

Book 2 - In the Shadow of Dreams  [1st Draft]
Searching the memories of the past for the answers to the present and reunited with a fragment of what was, Sialin is confronted with the trauma of her childhood and remains unresponsive to the outside world. Selera, finally with direction in the search for the twins is unwittingly set on a path that leads to the double edged sword and Sialin’s chosen, the Crimson Demon. The twins, at the edge of hope find solace in their bond and those that have shielded them from danger. Truth, fate and destiny entwined, leads all closer to the veiled machinations of the Enclave and the Talkenerran Coast.

It includes a lot of character development and a steady growth of lore focused on the world they find themselves in.

Book 2 is now live!

Please check them out!!!

A twofer for marketing!

My Children from Another World

With souls and issues from a world very unlike his own, Rakta Velbrun must raise his children right, train their strange abilities, and keep the world from swallowing them whole.

A fantasy tale of a ex-adventurer father taking care of his beloved children in the wake of his wife's death. He must tend with noble politics, new enemies, old allies, and the realization that his children come from a world very unlike his own.

Runesoul: CLOWN (Card Game LitRPG/GameLit)

From lawyers to firefighters, politicians to store owners, especially store owners, everyone is a Duelist at the core of their being. Runesouls, the ancient and beloved card game, is the foundation of the magic and mad science that prop up the world.

Jamboree “Jam” Butler had just stepped into Echelon, the largest city in the world, when the annual Rune Games began, the young girl indelibly marked by the Cardmaker as one of the 100 Duelists destined to duel each other for the chance to receive a wish of unimaginable power.

Or lose and have their essence harvested for new card sets.

A low level Duelist, what boundaries will Jam have to go beyond to defeat lifelong professionals, get her dream amusement park up and running, and not lose her head to the game?

HERO'S SONG
A Novel In Verse
eric_river

If you’re into fantasy, subversive yet cliche
written to be fun, yet epic, do not look away
mine’s a combination of a novel and a song
it all rhymes, and it's over a hundred pages long

~

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1635241545
~
Every child in every town has heard adventure’s call
songs and stories of the hero, known and loved by all
and every now and then a stubborn child will come along
who will not rest until they’ve been the hero in a song
But what awaits the child who chases dreams until their end
those who challenge fate with every day they have to spend
should this be a tale of good and evil, or of fate
choices made in moments lost and battles won too late
Though the road awaiting us is dangerous and long
there is just one way to learn the nature of this song
read and sing along with me, a song of heroes’ dreams
find out if the hero’s life is everything it seems

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLACHikG.gif
DOTS - SciFi Adventure with a Hint of Romance

Mankind has discovered Genius. With two simple tests, not only can a person find out if they're a Genius, but they also will be told what they're a Genius at. Unless they find out they're a Dot. The only thing a Dot knows is that the world hates them.
'Don't feel sorry for me! You dumb Dots don't even know what's happening!'
That is, unless you're a Dot named Hank. The world discovers quickly that it needs Hank very much.
'I wanted to run away. To find a place to hide. Then I realized you're my hiding place. My refuge when there's trouble.'
But bad guys have a use for what they know Dots can do, and they will stop at nothing to achieve their goal.
'The world will scream and I will scream with it. But I will stay with you.'
Hank had better hurry. Time is running out. For everyone. Worldwide.
'This sword doesn't kill its enemies. It compels them to obey.'
Read DOTS and see Hank use his Genius to somehow Save the World.
Sort of.
'Hank-sama, I love you and I need you. But we are going to die.'

DOTS - The Age of Enlightenment Has Begun

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1655901067

Blurb:
A girl that didn't belong awakens to a whole new world.

Welcome to the Empire of Aralax, a federal monarchy spanning across an entire continent where magic is synonymous to technology. Basically. 
What's that? There's three empires and we're all at war? Eh, business as usual. Wait, the Thresholds are slowly swallowing the world and changing our reality? Never mind that, just look at the cool trains and airships instead! Powered by none other than magic of course, woo-hoo!

Here in the empire, life is beautiful and orphans are plentiful. Opportunities are boundless and existential threats are all around us. The most powerful of nobles, the cardinals, rule with a monopoly while the strongest of mages, the arcanists, are lauded celebrities and heroes. All the while the Calling approaches with the certainty of a divine prophecy, like a doomsday clock tick-ticking down to the number zero.

Fahaya doesn't care about any of that. All she wants for herself is a place to belong, where she could study magic in peace and receive the warmth of the people she loves and who love her in return.

Alas, life catches up to everyone.
When fate finds its grip around Haya, would it crush her? Or would she emerge stronger than the will of God? And how is she supposed to deal with all that while the mystery of her own identity looms in her shadow?

Trying on a new name for my series.

The Legacy of M

Meet Melvin Murphy. An odd boy who stumbles upon the existence of a strange system that governs everything in the world one day. To make things even more complicated is that he has the power to edit things in the system. After trying and failing to summon a master to teach him more, he meets Kaliphae. Kallis is an orphan from another world who will change Melvin's life forever.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1656093222

Synopsis—

“What now, princess?” He asks, sarcasm coating his words.
“We burn this kingdom.” I smile.

In the kingdom of Illya, Princess Arellia Virtris lives a life of opulence but she is miserable; a caged puppet whose strings are controlled by the members in her court. When her brother—the crown prince Vasilis— suddenly arranges an unfavourable marriage, her life begins to spiral out of her control.

On the other side of the continent, mercenary Dillon Azshker jumps thoughtlessly from battle to battle. He lives only for the coin he earns and booze to drown the sorrows of his past. Life has left him dispirited, save for one last reckless campaign that he hopes would end it all. 

As fate— or perhaps, bad luck—would have it, on the night of summer solstice, the lives of these two unfortunate souls are intertwined as they find themselves caught in the dark webs of politics. When they meet and tragedies unfold, their decisions will ultimately trigger a series of events that will alter the course of history. 

(Story is in signature).

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1656582146

Isaac is a runaway slave who joins the Nasaaran army in hopes of figuring out why he dreams of a city he's never been to and achieving his grander ambitions.

The drums of war beat once again after 20 long years of peace. For some it's an opportunity for revenge for the blood shed all those years ago, for others it's another disheartening decision in a line of terrible decrees from an inept king, and for us it's an opportunity to escape the chains that bind us down and search for where we belong in this world and for what purpose do we keep breathing. 
But should you follow your dreams if they're drenched in the blood of others? What if we follow them regardless knowing the inevitable consequences? 
"Every night I dream the same dream. What does it mean? Where will it lead me? And for what purpose do I have this dream? I don't know. All I know is I need to get out of this barn."

Word count is 72.5k with 2k~ releases every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday at 1:06 PM PT. 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/55001/dreams-built-by-blood-and-blade

People disappeared.

And nobody remembers.

Florence lives in Truthsend Village, her life governed by two principles:
- Nobody leaves
- Nobody lies
But when Outsiders come to the village, she begins to question both of these Truths.

---

Link in signature. Join Florence as she her world turns upside-down, Truths become not-quite Lies and things truly are not quite what they seem.

I wrote a new book! Inescapable Escapism:

Grace desires an escape. Anywhere to avoid the hardships that threaten to smother her. Equipped with her imagination, Grace creates other worlds to slip into whenever needed. Places where her home life is soon replaced with hunting for treasure, becoming a spy and endless adventures. But, when her dreams start to evolve and encroach on reality, Grace must fight to discover what's real and what is not.

Earth is dying. The sun is expanding at an uncontrollable rate, but Theo Spencer is alright with this. He's led a deplorable life as a government assassin, spending his days removing political opponents in far-off lands. When the end comes, a mysterious entity grants him the gift of reincarnation. The gift of a quiet life as an alchemist.
Theo awakens in a small town in the southern reaches of a small kingdom in a non-human body. Broken Tusk doesn't seem like much, but his legendary alchemy skills will soon turn their fortune.
Join Theo on his journey to turn the swamp-town of Broken Tusk into a prosperous trade town. This story contains no romantic elements, no combat, and no bad vibes. From the start, to the finish, it's all alchemy all the time.

• Slice of life
  • Alchemy
  • Sassy lizard
  • Town building
  • getoutofmeswamp

Let me introduce you to Apotheosis! 

World/Setting: Multi-realm/world traveling with several books set in each one at the very least. (First is inspired by fairy tales, mythology and legends along with western fantasy tropes)
Cons: Atypical Litrpg, Not a pure Gamelit (has some gamelit elements), Slow pacing due to building things up, light romance/relationship buildup over long period of time, slice of life at times
Pros: In-depth character and plot development, consistent worldbuilding and progression in many ways (if slow)
Genre: Fantasy (High/Epic), Adventure, Psychological, Drama
Tags: Anti-hero Lead, Attractive MC, Female Lead, Gamelit, High Fantasy, Magic, Male Lead, Multiple Lead Characters, Mythos, Non-human Lead, Portal Fantasy, Progression, Ruling Class, Slice of Life, Strategy, Strong Lead, Villainous Lead
Warnings: All Applied

The initial setting takes inspiration from western fantasy and folklore/legends/fairytales in general with my own twists and takes on them. You won't be reading about a normal fairytale as even some of the most tame would be heavily inspired and modified when it comes to characters, plot developments, and locations. For example, Snow White could be a playboy who ran away of his own volition after leaving a trail of broken hearts (and worse) in his wake and is currently shacking up with seven goblins and dwarves.

It will involve a lot of characters over time depending on the plot and world, but there would be a few consistent ones throughout all the books.

The main character is a young Celestial by the name of Serena Araceli. She was raised by her brother figure Veles Silvertongue and for all her knowledge and skills with being able to manipulate, she is rather young and inexperienced in the wider worlds. This, coupled with her curiosity and drive to whatever she sets her mind on, causes more than a few problems. She has a nigh unshakable belief in her big brother despite her own better judgement.

Besides Serena is a specter or unknown entity by the name of Ravana. Covered in secrets or even darkness itself and chained by ancient spells and bindings, an unfortunate event ended up with them connected. To try and regain a foothold in the mortal worlds once more, Ravana would need an anchor and after Serena had consumed some of his essence there was little choice than to have her as his Herald.

Veles Silvertongue is an mysterious figure. Coming from no where with no backing, he and his ward and little sister rapidly rose through the hierarchy to being on the Imperial Council. Suave and kind-hearted, that was the facade that Veles showed the world. Even Serena who had seen much of his apparent true self only knows some of it. He had been scheming for a long time, including possibly using his bond with Serena in his plans. However, he never expected to be sloppy and begin to care too much into what he invested in.

These are just some of the colorful characters you can expect in Apotheosis.
This thread is locked