Am I too dumb and shallow for RoyalRoad?

Everyone in the comments are always such rational geniuses… geniuii… genii… geniusii!

Man, sometimes when I read the comments or the reviews, I just smack myself on the forehead and exclaim, “You’re the smartest person I’ve ever seen for suggesting that the MC should have murdered everyone in the world because they once stepped on a Lego!”

Seriously, it makes me realize how much of an idiot I am. I really should stop being so dumb and shallow and listen to every contradicting suggestion for my story to make it the next Father of Education or Welcome the Rooster or The Fallible Walk. 

Re: Am I too dumb and shallow for RoyalRoad?

Ah, the contradiction of wanting to read the comments on your story....and the reality of reading them. :) 

I just figure most people are just saying things in their heads, making some conversation. Some ideas are silly, but some are also very good. And then you can steal and use them. :) 

I did have one fellow who commented every chapter on 'how you should have written the chapter', but there's that night feature that lets you ignore people. :)

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't get any comments from any genies (that's the plural for genius, for your information).

If I did, I'm sure they would have already used their spectacular insight into the unfathomable conundrum that is 'writing' [rahy-ting] to grant both my and their wishes, so that I, too, could write masterpieces such as Suspicious Wizard-guy and Super Minions (Banana Boogaloo).

Could you perhaps be confusing your genies with the non-too-dissimilar genus of ignoramuses? It is said that they, too, have very much going on up there—rumor has it that their heads boast the thickness of a thousand men—and word of their unparalleled rationale is spread far and wide across the inter-webs.

Can't spell murderhobo without the "murder"!

On a more serious note, if the MC is a monster / demon / goblin / animal, then yes, it is completely expected they will be fine with a lot of killing and destruction, it's how the genre goes. Like stepping on ants

Also in videogames 95% of the stuff you see, you need to kill or smash, and the rest are companions/npcs. And LitRPGs are very videogamey 

A lot of people enjoy the "nice and cheerfull and friendly" MC but the other large part wants murderhobo god-of-wars (like Everybody Loves Large Chests, classic monster MC people expect I think. Greedy and violent)

MelasD Wrote: Everyone in the comments are always such rational geniuses… geniuii… genii… geniusii!

Man, sometimes when I read the comments or the reviews, I just smack myself on the forehead and exclaim, “You’re the smartest person I’ve ever seen for suggesting that the MC should have murdered everyone in the world because they once stepped on a Lego!”

Seriously, it makes me realize how much of an idiot I am. I really should stop being so dumb and shallow and listen to every contradicting suggestion for my story to make it the next Father of Education or Welcome the Rooster or The Fallible Walk.

Who hurt you? Let's go find them!
DrakanFix

Haust Wrote: Here's what you need to do:
Nonsense, Lizardman! Is he writing his story or theirs? Even if he thinks the comments are genius, they came from other people's brains. Clearly he's a good enough writer that's writing the right stuff on RR for his readers to want to interact in that way. I think he should go on doing what he's doing. When readers "add their ideas" it just means they love the story. And if not... well they're just critics anyway and those people are to be ignored.

LambentTyto Wrote:
Haust Wrote: Here's what you need to do:
Nonsense, Lizardman! Is he writing his story or theirs? Even if he thinks the comments are genius, they came from other people's brains. Clearly he's a good enough writer that's writing the right stuff on RR for his readers to want to interact in that way. I think he should go on doing what he's doing. When readers "add their ideas" it just means they love the story. And if not... well they're just critics anyway and those people are to be ignored.
Just think of them as... writing prompts. :D