Looking For A Superhero Story Where The Heroes Aren't Worm or The Boys Knockoffs? Sick of Edgy Grimderp? Click Here!

Well, if you're here, you must have clicked. Then you've probably felt what I have: sick of all the 'superhero' stories that's basically trying to be the next Worm, or The Boys. Sick of TIME LOOPS! Sick of all the ones where the 'hero' doesn't actually want to be a hero and doesn't act heroic, who needs to be blackmailed or coerced into circumstances or are straight up in-universe villains! Sick of TIME LOOPS! You're tired of having to keep track of every Expy-Man and Serial-Number-Filed-Off-Woman with the powers of being knockoffs of someone in Marvel or DC or MHA. Tired of all the tropes of the genre being used 'ironically', or how being 'super' is about image and presentation and yes I liked Megamind too, but that wasn't the point of the movie! Tired of TIME LOOPS! Tired of superheroes following only the western Avengers/Justice League/Suicide Squad model. You're here because you think it can be different! You WANT it to be different! 

I'm here to get you to read that difference! 

Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers! A story I made because I was tired of all the TIME LOOPS and all those 'superhero' stories that are only about people with powers. Sure, Nightmærangers has people with powers, but the premise is the main character actually wants to be a superhero in a world where nigh-unkillable monsters have started to appear. Also, instead of being like the MCU, the CW, Amazon Prime, or Worm, they're like Power Rangers.

Admit it, you've never seen anyone do Power Rangers-style superheroes on this site before. 

Interested? Then let me introduce... THE SETTING!

In the city of Metro Manila (an actual place, yes, it's where the paper comes from), monsters have suddenly appeared with no explanation, some displaying physics defying eldritch powers. Giant mushrooms turn a poor neighborhood into a zombie apocalypse, giant dogs eat people in the night, a monster lurks in the bay snatching passersby and eating them... 

However, this same phenomenon has also granted a few people with powers that alter their bodies, violate the laws of physics, and dabble in the esoteric rules of the natural world. And one young woman, rather than waiting to be inspired by someone flying around in a cape, decides she wants to be the positive change in the world. Together with her cousin, she uses her newly acquired powers over plants to take down a monster spreading incurable diseases. Never thrown a punch before? No idea what she's doing? Have to get home in time to do her homework and not make her housekeeper worry? No one ever said doing the right thing was easy! In fact, anyone will tell you it's F*****G hard. But she'll do the right thing, and she'll do it the right way, because if she won't... who will? 

Fortunately, she's not alone. Joined by a gyaru with a secret, a perfectly ordinary college student with family to protect, and a poor girl from the sticks trying to become a certified nurse so she can take care of her grandmother, the five of them form a team trying to do the right thing in an increasingly dangerous world, protecting it from monsters... of all kinds. 

Welcome to Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers, a Power Rangers/Super Sentai-style superhero story. And not a wannabe-'cool'-villain, TIME LOOP, blackmail, TIME LOOP, 'hero certification body', TIME LOOP, Expy-Man, TIME LOOP, System or TIME LOOP in sight.

It's different. It's nothing like the rest of the other superhero stories on this site. And aren't you tired of those, after all? That's why you're here, right? Why not give it a shot? Or would you rather keep reading the same kind of thing over and over again like you're in a TIME LOOP, always wondering 'wait, if it's so easy to beat Clown-Man, why hasn't anyone else been able to before now', sigh at the contrived excuses the story gives (if it even tries to give an excuse) to cut out parts of the genre like capes, and be satisfied basically reading about someone self-serving being forced by the circumstances (read: THE PLOT) to become at best only a protagonist and not actually a Hero. Why not take the risk? After all, the worst that could happen is it's original. 
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1615262427
Demesne
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1617158955
Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers

Demesne - A slice of life story of a wizard, her dungeon-in-progress, and their frontier town. Go to Patreon for exclusive content or support.
Nightmærangers - A FILIPINO eldritch Sentai/Ranger superhero team of colorfully garbed heroes with face concealing helmets in bright primary colors fighting monsters once a week!

Re: Looking For A Superhero Story Where The Heroes Aren't Worm or The Boys Knockoffs? Sick of Edgy Grimderp? (...)

You are laying it on so thick that I cannot tell if you are being serious or being super-tongue-in-cheek because Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers is actually full of TIMELOOPS etc.

I guess, I’ll have to check it out to find out. So the marketing kinda worked? XD

Re: Looking For A Superhero Story Where The Heroes Aren't Worm or The Boys Knockoffs? Sick of Edgy Grimderp? (...)

Btw. I just noticed that the first Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers! doesn't link and the second one links to your other story instead. Unless that's all part of the keikaku of sneakily getting exposure on Demesne, you might want to look into that.

CrowsCrowCrow Wrote: Btw. I just noticed that the first Ainōryoku Sentai Nightmærangers! doesn't link and the second one links to your other story instead. Unless that's all part of the keikaku of sneakily getting exposure on Demesne, you might want to look into that.
Curses! Fixed. And here's another link, just in case!