Re: Is my novel too good and deep for people to appreciate? Bc I'm starting to think it's the case?

i haven't thought about it a lot but i think chaos should be [at least in its absolute or true form] a lack of form, absolutely inconsistency even in its inconsistency, which also implies it can't really be used in any sort of spell towards a specific goal.

oh also the opposite could be genuine consistency, so yeah order/harmony/whatever other synonym wants to be used, probably all magic in general as all magic seems to follow some sort of rule set

Re: Is my novel too good and deep for people to appreciate? Bc I'm starting to think it's the case?

I think it'd be fun if the opposite of Chaos Magic was magic that took a form very similar to coding. But magic. 
Considering the living beings must be somewhat chaotic by natural, the opposite extreme of 'chaos' should be just as incomprehensible to us as chaos itself, in my mind. 

'Mind control/hivemind' would also be an interesting 'equal yet not pure good' contrast to chaos magic. Other minds and forces overridden by a single will, working together perfectly, in perhaps the most messed-up way. 

The question makes me wonder how deep your book is... because it's a deep question. 

Chaos is entropy, or, in terms of information, randomness. Disordered bits. The absence of order and meaning. The path of chaos is in the direction of destruction, or de-evolution. When something devolves, it becomes chaotic. 

The opposite is order. But you're looking for a different way to say that. So think in the direction of cohesion, coordination, creation. The ordering of random bits into meaningful patterns, structures, and meta-structures. Evolution. Organization. Construction. Production. Life. 

So maybe Vitality Magic to go with the "life" theme. Or Syntropy Magic, to go with the order theme. Or Creation Magic. Or Formation Magic. 

Entropy is generally understood as movement toward disorder, chaos, randomness, or hidden information.

The opposite of entropy is syntropy

To break it down, "syn" meaning "with" or "together" and "trope" meaning "transformation".
Syntropy can be usefully defined as the process of creating order or information from chaos or disorder.

One who engages in or is an agent of entropy is an "entrope". Therefore one who engages in creation or the generation of information is a "syntrope".

As syntropes, we are agents of order, creation, and information. 

Hope that helps. 

-AD

To pile on to the mild necro (half dead thread?  It's only five months old...), why not void magic?  Chaos is creative.  From the primordial soup of proto-proteins we got life itself.  Void is not death, but the great sucking absence of even the possibility of chaotic motion.  Not necessarily entropic, a void is merely the absence of a thing (of any-thing, really).

Betwixt chaos and the void are all the things that make up the universe, for what is beyond chaos itself?  Chaos is an endpoint, ultimately, as is the void.  Even destruction lies within these bounds.  Call this the physical reality axis.

If you really want to screw with reader's heads, make it a three axis spectrum and put something like consciousness on the Y axis.  Hint: true sentience is a sort of gestalt phenomena.  You can play with aspects of enlightenment here, if you wish, and perhaps add bits of morality, good and evil, and even weirder stuff.

Z axis?  Time, perhaps.  Or perhaps not (negative time would be a weird concept).

My story features chaos magic. But in my cosmology, [Chaos] is unfettered possibility, all of them, all at once, endlessly. It is random, difficult to control, and a fundamental force of existence. Its opposite is [Void] which is the magic of endings, emptiness, and inevitability. It is absence and the final common point that draws all possibilities to their conclusion, and the other fundamental force of existence. All that is comes from [Chaos] and all that exists will end in the [Void]. The five fundamental physical aspects, and five fundamental ephemeral aspects each combined with [Chaos] or with [Void], or with both together to form the fundamental 40, with [Chaos] and [Void] being their own purity to make the 42 aspects of creation. 

Depending on how you define chaos in your world it can be something as simple as randomness, or as complex as endless possibility. Define more of what your chaos is and its opposite will present itself.