This thread is locked

June Thread - Promote your Story

It is late! sorry peodistress
But, here is June's thread ~   peoblush

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available), and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.
Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. This is why this thread for self-promotions is monthly-based (to not overflow it). At the start of next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.
For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!
You can also use this subforum to promote your fiction https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5689

Re: June Thread - Promote your Story

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1621256717
Arty and Eli live normal lives. They excel in their academics and are respected as leaders. They also hide their powers in order to live quiet lives, free from the politics that stick so closely to their family.

This freedom is shattered when they return to a home set ablaze. Their names are slandered in the street when they're accused of crimes they didn't commit.

Parallel Hearts(Book 1)

Summary:

Two halves once whole, hatred forever staining the soul. Racing in blackness, destruction of greatness. Two sides of strength, innocence and malice, both reflecting one. Cyra, a being of old descending. Infinite in sins, embracing what is within. Selfishness and imperfections, clashing against emotions of endlessness. Tormenting memories, pleasantness inside of them. Traveling in the harshest of sorrow, trying in righting a wrong. A desire of powerfulness still existing, perseverance relentlessly protruding. 

"My other half...when will you cease this pointless resistance, and join me to become whole once again?"

"Even if I must fight for an eternity, then so be it, to reclaim those pleasureful times..."

"I will no longer live in your shadow Maria!"

A battle of fierceness revealing into actuality, an entity from the deepest of abyss awakening once again, bringing demise in the wake of their despair. What is hiding away in the farthest reaches of the past? Why are both halves so conflicted? All of this may be answered.

It's all good Wing! No harm done!

Let me introduce you to Apotheosis! 

World/Setting: Multi-realm/world traveling with several books set in each one at the very least. (First is inspired by fairy tales, mythology and legends along with western fantasy tropes)
Cons: Not a Litrpg, Not a pure Gamelit (has some gamelit elements), Slow pacing due to building things up, light romance/relationship buildup over long period of time, slice of life at times
Pros: In-depth character and plot development, consistent worldbuilding and progression in many ways (if slow)
Genre: Fantasy (High/Epic), Adventure, Psychological, Drama
Tags: Anti-hero Lead, Attractive MC, Female Lead, Gamelit, High Fantasy, Magic, Male Lead, Multiple Lead Characters, Mythos, Non-human Lead, Portal Fantasy, Progression, Ruling Class, Slice of Life, Strategy, Strong Lead, Villainous Lead
Warnings: All Applied

The initial setting takes inspiration from western fantasy and folklore/legends/fairytales in general with my own twists and takes on them. You won't be reading about a normal fairytale as even some of the most tame would be heavily inspired and modified when it comes to characters, plot developments, and locations. For example, Snow White could be a playboy who ran away of his own volition after leaving a trail of broken hearts (and worse) in his wake and is currently shacking up with seven goblins and dwarves.

It will involve a lot of characters over time depending on the plot and world, but there would be a few consistent ones throughout all the books.

The main character is a young Celestial by the name of Serena Araceli. She was raised by her brother figure Veles Silvertongue and for all her knowledge and skills with being able to manipulate, she is rather young and inexperienced in the wider worlds. This, coupled with her curiosity and drive to whatever she sets her mind on, causes more than a few problems. She has a nigh unshakable belief in her big brother despite her own better judgement.

Besides Serena is a specter or unknown entity by the name of Ravana. Covered in secrets or even darkness itself and chained by ancient spells and bindings, an unfortunate event ended up with them connected. To try and regain a foothold in the mortal worlds once more, Ravana would need an anchor and after Serena had consumed some of his essence there was little choice than to have her as his Herald.

Veles Silvertongue is an mysterious figure. Coming from no where with no backing, he and his ward and little sister rapidly rose through the hierarchy to being on the Imperial Council. Suave and kind-hearted, that was the facade that Veles showed the world. Even Serena who had seen much of his apparent true self only knows some of it. He had been scheming for a long time, including possibly using his bond with Serena in his plans. However, he never expected to be sloppy and begin to care too much into what he invested in.

These are just some of the colorful characters you can expect in Apotheosis.

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.discordapp.net%2Fattachments...E983C3.png
The Butterfly Effect is a series set in a medieval fantasy world with magic, adventure, and mystery scattered throughout. Each story follows its own path but also gives hints to a larger puzzle. Join a wide range of characters as they discover the mysteries of their world and try to discern the event that started it all.

Departure- follow the young Prince Natheniel on his way towards making the biggest mistake of his life—one that affects much more than just him.
Secrets of the Ley Lines- a group of teens set out to not only uncover bits of the past but also find themselves in the Labyrinth, home of the Minotaur.
Bloodline- features Tavin on his trip to understand his bloodline and the kind of power he possesses. 
Rebellion- Lucas and his odd band of magic users stand up against the king and start a new future for Seothia. 
What Time Forgot- a book full of short stories ranging from short, lighthearted stories to longer ones dedicated to a certain memory or character. Updates the 1st of every month.

The Twins of Masylm is a litRPG told in a steampunk-like era with plenty of adventure. Told by two stories taking turns in the spotlight. The main story follows Llewel and Myr, NPC twins with a thirst for adventure, as they befriend two players and learn the secrets of their origin. The side story follows Casrane, a seemingly average player, as she plays the game as she was intended to… mostly, anyway.

So let's see~~

3 Bodies 1 Soul is about a young man who wakes up in another world and finds himself in control of three bodies:

-A cowardly human guard 

-A good for nothing demon prince

-And the son of an elven Chief who wants nothing more than to leave the place where he was born.

If that wasn't messy enough for you, then you should know that... He wakes up to find that he took control of them just as the demon prince was leading an army to the town where the human guard lived.

Hopefully, that is enough for you to give the story a chance~

The link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53581/3-bodies-1-soul

author profile
story link

Seventeen-year-old Lea is rebuilding her life after a treacherous childhood. Blossoming from a sickly child to a beloved athlete, she still struggles with her mental health. With weekly group therapy and friends' support, she begins to heal healthily. This all comes to a halt when she finds a mysterious card in her bedroom. Unknowingly this card makes the beginning of the end of her life as a human – and her rebirth as something much more dangerous.

A twofer for marketing!

My Children from Another World

With souls and issues from a world very unlike his own, Rakta Velbrun must raise his children right, train their strange abilities, and keep the world from swallowing them whole.

A fantasy tale of a ex-adventurer father taking care of his beloved children in the wake of his wife's death. He must tend with noble politics, new enemies, old allies, and the realization that his children come from a world very unlike his own.

Runesoul: CLOWN (Card Game LitRPG/GameLit)

From lawyers to firefighters, politicians to store owners, especially store owners, everyone is a Duelist at the core of their being. Runesouls, the ancient and beloved card game, is the foundation of the magic and mad science that prop up the world.

Jamboree “Jam” Butler had just stepped into Echelon, the largest city in the world, when the annual Rune Games began, the young girl indelibly marked by the Cardmaker as one of the 100 Duelists destined to duel each other for the chance to receive a wish of unimaginable power.

Or lose and have their essence harvested for new card sets.

A low level Duelist, what boundaries will Jam have to go beyond to defeat lifelong professionals, get her dream amusement park up and running, and not lose her head to the game?

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.discordapp.net%2Fattachments...r_Full.jpg

Millisecond: Superspeed is a curse

In a world of superheroes, Milly awakens her power as a speedster but finds herself slowly drifting away from everyone due to her new perception of time when it turns out that her super speed doesn’t come with an off-switch. 

The story will involve: Poorly supervised teens, exploration of superpowers, cute lesbian/yuri romance, superheroics, and struggle.

Word count: 47k

Traditional Fantasy Fiction
Quote:GENRES: Adventure // Drama // High Fantasy // Magic // Romance // Male Lead // Female Lead // Non-Human Lead // Magic

SUMMARY: Legends of savage river-folk have been scoffed at for centuries in the valley below Sisters Mountain, but when a young fisherman named Ember sets out to trap a thief, he catches more than he bargained for; a strange acquaintanceship is struck, and when the creature requests his aid to unlock a hidden door in the mountainside, they find themselves trapped within the ruins of an ancient kingdom...

CURRENT WORD COUNT: 72011
If you like cozy fantasy stories, merfolk, and magic, you might enjoy Song of Ember! The first half of the story is quite whimsical and pastoral, and the latter half is mostly spent in the dark... thematically and literally. Mysteries and maddening spells intertwine. Soft magic system. Intensely character-centric. Strong themes of friendship (and romance), and a splash of action here and there.
Thank you for reading!
~ Saf

Oriole: Blood of the Eradicators

https%3A%2F%2Fi2.lensdump.com%2Fi%2Frx7cID.png

When someone needs a job done, they call an Artisan.

With their special powers, they do the impossible. Hunting dangerous beasts, finding lost tombs, discovering hidden treasures, tracking other Artisans—nothing’s off limits.
For years, twelve-year-old Oriole’s wanted to be one. The problem? She’s a former orphan, with no powers at all. But when she’s viciously attacked by a crazy robot dog, and her powers come to the surface, she runs into another problem: Her adoptive brother. They’re always on the move, and with him in the lead, she may never get the chance to become an Artisan. It seems like he doesn’t want her to get any stronger, but it won’t be long before Oriole is forced to take matters into her own hands.

Fair warning that Oriole's got a lot of maturing left to do, and it contains pretty hefty slice-of-life elements. Regardless, if you give it a try, I'd love to know what you think.

A House Targaryen story set immediately after the Targaryen wars of conquest, focusing on the lives, struggles and accomplishments of Aegon Targaryen and his descendants.
This story will take place over several generations and through the viewpoints of a wide variety of characters. 

The story, while primarily focusing on Westeros, will take place over a large area ranging from the frozen wastes of the North, the deserts of Dorne, the pirate hideouts of the Stepstones to the Free City of Norvos and beyond.

Currently I have 22 story chapters  written  covering a period of 23 years, as well as several other mini chapters detailing and commemorating important events, places and individuals, with plans for many more chapters.

Ive only posted up to chapter 3, so if youd like to get in on the ground floor go ahead and give it a look!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/55268/the-dragons-realm-a-house-targaryen-story-asoiaf

Rory Richardson: If He Had Lived.

Join Rory on what could have been.

Taken tragically from life by sudden infant death syndrome. Join in the reimagining of what his life could have been... With a system forced reset of human civilisation thrown in for good measure.

One minute Rory was a college student struggling under pressure, the next he and the entire world find themselves at the mercy of the System.

Its sick sense of humour results in Rory and hundreds of others going through the tutorial from hell.

Monsters straight out of myth become reality, forcing Rory and the unlucky group to fight if they are to have any chance of survival.

Those that overcome the tutorial will be thrust into a totally alien world, where might and magic rule and where humanity is far from the top of the food chain.

Join Rory as he comes to grips with his new reality, developing new powers and gaining friends and foes alike.

Genres: Fantasy, Action, Adventure

Notable Tags: Magic, High Fantasy, Progression, Male Lead, GameLit, Supernatural, Portal Fantasy / Isekai, LitRPG

Link:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53947/rory-richardson-if-he-had-lived

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1sQ9K3m_d.webp%3Fmaxwi...ity%3Dmedium

https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FHfialZc.png

I have a novel up and running called, The Colonial History of Tir-Torzor and Brief Accounts of Its Diasporas' Denizens [aka The Colonial History of Tir-TorzorColonial History]

So, why would anyone want to read my novel?:
* The story is a dark sci-fi satire with some anthology elements.
* Often provides a balance of humor and with dark subject matter. Knows when to drop the comedy when it comes to more serious scenarios.
* Though there is a narrator who connects the complete story, the world doesn’t revolve around one character, so different perspectives get to be told
* It is not written in a traditional novel format
* For fans of Hitchhiker's Guide to the GalaxyWarhammer 40KWar of the Worlds, and history books
* For online reading, it’s split up into more easily digestible segments so to not take up much of the reader’s time. We all have places to be and other good stories to read.

Quote:
"I'm Lukios the Lion, and this is my favorite love story* on Royal Road." 
Real Reader Testimonials: 
"I'm looking forward to settling down with my cute witch wife on an olive farm and living happily ever after! Best. Story. Ever!"
--Lukios the Lion
"I can't think of any other story where I find the love of my life after getting stabbed through the belly in chapter one. In fact, I can't think of any other story with me in it. That makes this the best story ever. Also, my wife is cute."
--Lukios the Lion
"Have I mentioned how cute my wife is?"
--Lukios the Lion
"Lukios, we are not married. And you left to buy milk five hours ago. Five. Hours. Where is the milk?"
--Ba'an, Cute Witch-But-Not-Wife of Lukios the Lion**
"Someone get me out of this trash fire. I haven't done anything nearly bad enough to warrant this level of cruelty***."
--Nikias of House Astros
Don't delay! Read The Stormcrow Cycle today! 
*Some restrictions apply. Some characters may get stabbed, poisoned, maimed, or murdered in other horrible ways. Ceilings full of rocks may cave in and squish everyone flat, and buildings may suddenly lose their structural integrity once the owner of said building meets a violent end. Consult with your local web novel reviewer to determine if this story is for you. 
**I don't know, man, she looks kinda like an angry goat. You sure about this? 
***Lies. You know what you did!

Yes, yes, I'm recycling my advert from the other forum thread.

Credit: Art by the fantastic HWPerfidy. You can find her open art thread here

I just started serialising 'Liana in between Worlds' here on RR (it was originally written in Dutch, but the original version never went anywhere and I'm doing an English version now); completely different from anything else I've posted here.

Liana is able to see invisible things, and not really good with human interactions. One day she's walking home from the train station and sees a girl that should probably have stayed invisible to her talk to a swarm of birds on an abandoned industrial site. From one thing comes another and suddenly she's part of a much bigger story, on which the survival of her species might depend... But how will she manage to keep her school absences under control while trying to save mankind in other worlds? And will anyone at all even believe her, or will even her best friend Joris declare her crazy?

'Liana in between the worlds' is a sort of unusual Western Isekai story, in between fantasy and scifi, set somewhere between Belgium, the oak wood of Nuanderra where the forest women live, and the dead alien city world of Kavanderra where a strange danger might hide. No romance, excessive violence, or future dystopia in this one, but there's a minor role for the Flying Spaghetti monster somewhere and a feral parakeet in the first chapter.

Pyrebound is a dark fantasy in a world loosely inspired by ancient Mesopotamia.

EDIT: I put a rubbish description in here so let's just go with the blurb: "The world has not been kind to Ram’s family. Father just lost an arm. Mother can’t work. And if Ram can’t find a way to make money fast, a life of forced labor is the best any of them can hope for. His only way forward is through the darkest side of their dark world–fighting on the front lines of war against the demons, hiding with thieves and assassins in the shadows, wandering the wilds where the monsters rule.  How much more will the god of the pyre ask him to sacrifice?  And why, Ram wonders, should he be the one to pay?"
This thread is locked