4000+ VIEWS and NEW CHAPTER // second celebration!

My second post in celebrations is really a few rolled into one: 

➼ After the first 0.5, Song of Ember's average rating is back to 4.65 
    (THANK YOU to everyone who rated!)
➼ The story has reached almost 40 followers!
➼ One favorite shy of 10 total!
4,000+ views! Wow!

And most importantly, I'm so glad that people came back to read more after a short hiatus... I had an unexpected chronic illness flare up a few weeks ago (Lyme, CFS) and had no buffer (at this point, it's a lost cause, lol). When I finally felt clear-headed enough to edit the most recent chapter, I think part of me thought that some of Ember's followers would disappear; maybe silly, maybe not, but it means a lot to me that people are still engaging with the story.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F09%2F62%2Fb8%2F...b74965.gif

Gives me hope that some readers out there have the patience to put up with my turtle-paced updates!

For those who may not have experienced (or have a loved one with) chronic fatigue, sometimes simply getting up in the morning feels like climbing a mountain; so getting one more chapter edited is also a celebration for me! Guess I'll add that one to the list...

➼ Posted a new chapter!

If anybody is in a sharing mood, I'd be interested in hearing about what other RR novelists have had to overcome now and then to get those chapters posted and/or edited; or really, something you overcame to pursue any hobby, be it writing or something else altogether!

DrakanAmused

If not, thanks for celebrating with me!
I hope you're having an excellent Friday!

~ Saf

Re: 4000+ VIEWS and NEW CHAPTER // second celebration!

Congrats on all your achievements, Saf! 
I consider hiatus as a bad news for both readers and writers alike, especially an unexpected one. While writers worry about readers coming back, readers are equally concerned if the story will continue.
About your recent condition, I can only ask you to take care. Rest doesn't seem to help with CFS, so don't exert yourself too much. Editing that one chapter is really worth celebrating. 😁
I like to read & write stories. There are many stories on RR that I'm looking forward to, including Song of Ember. However, these days I'm busy with too many things and can't manage to find time to read, let alone write. In a way, I'm overcoming these situations to pursue my hobby.
Once again, take care and hope you recover extra fast to update chapters super fast. 😉

Re: 4000+ VIEWS and NEW CHAPTER // second celebration!

Ordinary Wrote: Congrats on all your achievements, Saf! 
I consider hiatus as a bad news for both readers and writers alike, especially an unexpected one. While writers worry about readers coming back, readers are equally concerned if the story will continue.
About your recent condition, I can only ask you to take care. Rest doesn't seem to help with CFS, so don't exert yourself too much. Editing that one chapter is really worth celebrating. 😁
I like to read & write stories. There are many stories on RR that I'm looking forward to, including Song of Ember. However, these days I'm busy with too many things and can't manage to find time to read, let alone write. In a way, I'm overcoming these situations to pursue my hobby.
Once again, take care and hope you recover extra fast to update chapters super fast. 😉

Thank you so much, Extraordinary Being! Being busy is a trial of its own, and finding ways to incorporate your passions into a frantic schedule is a challenging and worthwhile endeavor! I heard it said that the less time we have to meditate the more important it is to do so, and I think the same is true for pursuing our hobbies. It's what gives meaning to our lives!

Rest indeed is not the cure, but I'm hoping that getting rid of the Lyme will also annihilate the CFS: we shall see.

No worries about reading Song of Ember; I found out quickly that review swaps and such are not for me (so stressful, ack! so much commitment!), so I'm delighted by any reader who finds it and decides that they like it on their own! If you end up being one of them someday, that's fantastic, and if not I'll be equally delighted to cheer you on with your own writing!

parkertallan Wrote: Congratulations not only on all you've achieved, but the way you've been able to overcome all the obstacles you've faced. Readers are willing to be patient for a story they're truly enjoying which is a great testament to your work. Please take care of yourself and may even more people get to experience what you've created.

Thank you, parkertallan! Love bumping into you around the forums; we'll see what happens when the inevitable three-month-hiatus hits... but hey, maybe I'll get lucky and be able to post every week for a year! I'll certainly take care of myself; health comes first, hobbies second. Good luck with your stories!

Northernbadger Wrote: As for sharing, I have a severe vestibular disorder, and I deleted my last work because I didn't think people would come back after a long hiatus - an assumption you've proven wrong. 

When writing, there are days where I feel like I'm on a heaving ship and others where I'm on the tilt-a-whirl ride, but I'm trying my best to push through. I've decided I'm going to finish something on Royal Road even if it kills me.

Good luck with your writing, and I hope your health improves. Oh, and I love your cover.

The new cover is definitely an improvement on my first attempt (imo) and I'm so glad you like it! While your cover immediately caught my eye and deserves it's own praise, I have to take a detour and say that I love your name and profile image - the badger always makes me happy when I glimpse it around the forums!

Doesn't vestibular mean something to do with the ears? I know someone with vertigo, and have suffered from mild cases of it myself as side-effects from other disorders. Although I've had brief encounters with it, I still can't imagine how difficult it must be to overcome something like that to write - often when I'm dizzy, not even lying down brings relief. The world just keeps spinning sideways!

I hope your health improves, too! Sending my best wishes!

Thanks so much to everybody who replied: your comments are lovely and made me smile.

DrakanAmused

~ Saf