Re: Offering my humble reviewing services (first 10k) [OPEN]

If I'm not too late, would love you to take a peek at either of mine :-)

Feel free to pick whichever one of mine strikes your fancy. They are vastly different and I would rather you read whichever you will enjoy most.

Both hit 10k on Chapter 7.

Thanks for doing this... have a feeling your boredom is long gone and will be until you tire of reviewing  DrakanGlasses 

~Rhea

I’d like to ask for a spot on your to do list for the fic in my signature, Outsiders of Xykesh. It’s an episodic fantasy adventure serial.

10k words gets you I believe to the end of chapter 6 (The Man in the Hat, Part 2), which is the middle of episode 2. Totally fine if you want to stop there or sooner. 

Finishing out the episode probably puts you to ~12k. Stopping at episode 1’s end is ~7k

okat Wrote: Hey everyone, I have some free time and want to do some reading so I'll review the first 10k words of your fiction. Hopefully this can also improve my own editing skills. 
DrakanGlasses

Some rules to make things easier:
  1. Only link 1 fiction in the interest of getting to as many interested people as possible. If you have more than 1, please specify which fiction you want me to review
  2. Please let me know which chapter 10k falls into. I'll read to the end of that.
  3. Willing to read any genre but please don't recommend if it has sex scenes. Nothing against it, it's just not my cup of tea.
What you get:

I'll write an overall review with my initial thoughts on style, grammar, and whether I would keep reading. You're also welcome to DM me if you have any questions about the feedback. If my review will be less than 3 stars I'll DM to see if you still want me to post it.

Not looking for anything in return, just bored. I’ll probably aim to do the first five people that reply today. If we get past that you can still reply, it just might take me a bit to get to it.

Edit: Have 5 stories on my plate for today, so anymore will be done over the course of the next few days to a week

Edit2: New day and ready for new stories, send em my way!

Hi! I've just recently started posting my first story, actually haven't hit 10k yet (but am currently publishing one chapter a day). I would be very grateful for a review, but seeing as your plate is quite full already, don't worry about it if you're already booked, so to speak.

The format is a bit unusual for Royal Road, so if you're looking for something different, this definitely qualifies. It's a SF mockumentary-style fiction about the cloning and resurrection of extinct, Mesozoic dinosaurs. Here is the link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/55141/bone-and-amber-the-inside-story-on-the-return

Thank you for offering to review stories. You will probably have a list from here to eternity if you leave this open. :D 
I would like to offer up Dishonor. 10k is at chapter 4. The beginning of Dishonor is really depressing, so if that doesn't feel like your cup of tea feel free to pick one of my others. Ghoster and Waking World don't have 10k words yet. Life Without Memory is at 10k around chapter 5 I think. Links are in the signature. 

Re: Offering my humble reviewing services (first 10k) [CLOSED WHILE I WORK THROUGH LIST]

okat Wrote:
bokhi Wrote:
okat Wrote:
  • Willing to read any genre but please don't recommend if it has sex scenes. Nothing against it, it's just not my cup of tea.
  •  
    Oomph, missed this the first time around! There are no sex scenes in the first 10K (it's way later--chapter eighteen). Feel free to pass on this, though! =) 

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion!

It's all good as long as it's not within the first 10k!

Thank you! =)