I feel like I care more for comments then reviews or ratings. Anyone else?

I know that they all have their place in the grand scheme of things. But honestly I feel more motivated to hear someone's thoughts on the things I've written rather than a rating. Reviews are nice as well, but it feels less personal than a proper comment because they are talking about the quality of the story over all rather than their thoughts on specific moments.

Does anybody feel the same?

Re: I feel like I care more for comments then reviews or ratings. Anyone else?

Anodyne Wrote: Oh, absolutely! Comments are usually where people tend to point out more specific aspects of your work that they liked (at which writer brain go brrr), and it seems more likely for them to make witty jokes or quips there as well, whereas reviews seem more serious and informational :)

Writer brain go brr indeed. That is the perfect way to describe how I feel. I see the words and my brain goes "WEEEEEEEEE"

Anodyne Wrote: Oh, absolutely! Comments are usually where people tend to point out more specific aspects of your work that they liked (at which writer brain go brrr), and it seems more likely for them to make witty jokes or quips there as well, whereas reviews seem more serious and informational :)

For the most part reviews are meant for other readers...if they do contain feedback for the author its like the reviewer is hiding behind the review system because the author can't comment on it (when the feedback is super negative).

Comments with feedback on the other hand are nearly always directed straight at the author and are much much more useful because of that. Its not always something thats implementable but its still appreciated.

I like reviews and comments equally. I place importance on all (or at least most) stats such as ranking and Followers, but comments and reviews are the most satisfying. Just hearing what someone had to actually say about my work, rather than some anonymous change in numbers, is always the most satisfying thing (that said, please Follow and Favorite and give me high rankings  DrakanLaugh  ).  

I place equal value in comments and reviews and don't greatly prefer one over the other, though that's generally because my comments have just been less fleshed out general statements that the reviews go more in depth into. If anything, I've had the opposite experience of most people whose comments are generally far more focused and targeted than their reviews, though the episodic nature of my series likely is the reason for this.

Yep. Comments are king when it comes to feedback. Especially since people can point our more specific things that they like/dislike or whatever, eventually adding up to more than a review's worth of feedback.

They of course have their own issues, but I tend to believe that they are more useful, and as others have said make the writer brain go brrrr.