Re: Your favourite character archetype to write ?

I enjoy fishes out of water, but more specifically: a low-powered character in a high-powered situation, and also the high-powered character in a low-powered situation.  The low-powered character is fun because they bring a new perspective to a situation, or can even recontextualize the stakes, like a lawyer serving a restraining order on the heroes about to storm the lich's castle.  The high-powered character can be a lot of fun to humanize.  People picture Superman fighting Lex Luthor, but rarely picture him having to wait in line at the DMV, or needing to return something at a store for whatever reason.

I have a particular love for writing...what has formed into a singular being in my head. One who I want to really write a story around. One who I've secretly been doing so, but keep scrapping for various reasons. It's the "Eldritch monstrosity that's intent seems to be to just goof off." How so? 

Quote:Yet, what was in it’s hand had her attention fully. Her fear mixed with confusion at the sight. It was revolver. It said, “Take this. A beautiful thing. Based it around a pretty famous .357 magnum I saw in a movie. Made it black with red runes. Tasteful but aesthetically pleasing, don't you think? Double action. Six shots, as is most common. Mind the kick. This will be your tool of the trade. Now, go shoot the ghost.”

DrakanFascinating I makes the "Randomly evil" part of my brain all tingly and happy.

Crusixblade Wrote: I have a particular love for writing...what has formed into a singular being in my head. One who I want to really write a story around. One who I've secretly been doing so, but keep scrapping for various reasons. It's the "Eldritch monstrosity that's intent seems to be to just goof off." How so? 

Quote:Yet, what was in it’s hand had her attention fully. Her fear mixed with confusion at the sight. It was revolver. It said, “Take this. A beautiful thing. Based it around a pretty famous .357 magnum I saw in a movie. Made it black with red runes. Tasteful but aesthetically pleasing, don't you think? Double action. Six shots, as is most common. Mind the kick. This will be your tool of the trade. Now, go shoot the ghost.”

DrakanFascinating I makes the "Randomly evil" part of my brain all tingly and happy.

For whatever reason that snippit reminds me of a bit in MGS3 when snake goes off on an analysis fanboy moment about a gun, and I mean that in a good way - its a fun bit of characterization.