Re: Your favourite character archetype to write ?

Anything that's immensely mis-matched in terms of personality and first impressions. A cutesy pink slime that turns out to have the soul of a stereotypical Harley biker gang member. Princesses that beat up dragons. Friendly and bubbly demons that look like their mortal shell was born when an oil spill had a lovechild with a dumpster fire. That sort of thing. 

Maybe not an archetype per se, but I like writing characters who think they’re a god. There’s just something so fun about making a person scream “Obey me, worms!!!” Sadly, I have only written one such character once, in a fanfiction. The only other qualified characters aren’t quite self-absorbed enough to be that delusional.
I also like writing young kids. It’s fun to write them be dumb and ask weird things. Naive and bratty characters work too. There’s just something about ‘em.

You see, foolish members of Royal Road, I have developed an entire novel, solely so I could write a bunch of supervillains giving evil plan monologues!  Tremble and despair as I fill my novel with evil geniuses who demonstrate their superior intelligence by explaining their evil plans word for word to the heroes!  Watch as the heroes are paralyzed by the weight of their stupidity in the face of clearly unstoppable villainous schemes!  No one can stop me now!  Muahahahahahaha!

Empaths who were badly wronged and have lost hope in humanity.

It's super fun to watch them come out of their shells with the right people. Sometimes I don't even know these characters until they meet the one who won't give up on them, unpeeling the shell piece by piece... and then the character blossoms and becomes someone else entirely. Then my writing changes and I curse them out for changing the plotline.

~Rhea