100k words!

Back in January when I started writing, I had set myself the goal of seeing this book through to the end, no matter how much I would ever want to quit. What instead happened is I binge wrote the entirety of Volume 1, and then the Writathon happened, where I just kept writing more and more. Now I'm back to weekly uploads, but not once in these past few months have I thought "I don't wanna write".
What can I say? I'm super happy with how this story is panning out. The rewriting project for Volume 1 is turning out nicely, and I'm currently about half way through Volume 3!
It has been an immeasurable amount of fun these past 5 months writing, and I hope that I can continue to do so for many more years to come!

Re: 100k words!

parkertallan Wrote: Congratulations. Making a commitment and keeping it isn't easy, but you did it. Well done.
Thanks so much! Honestly, my goal from the start was to fix my bad habits of leaving things undone because of burnout, but it's been treating me pretty well for now.
Writing each character and their interactions has been a blast, but I'd like to try to not rush as much with the chapters.

LashBrown Wrote: not once in these past few months have I thought "I don't wanna write".

It has been an immeasurable amount of fun these past 5 months writing, and I hope that I can continue to do so for many more years to come!
That's an awesome place to be.  Major congrats on getting there!

Elijah Wrote: That’s some goddamn dedication to crack 100k in—what, four months? Five if you started early into January?

Congrats, and even more happy you apparently haven’t hit any kind of wall!
I'd say that planning things out was the main reason this was possible. I had a somewhat advanced draft of the entire story, so all that was left was to write the chapters down.
I try not to force long chapters, but I try my best to at least reach a minimum of 1.5-2k words per chapter, as I find it to be the perfect amount to tell you everything you need to know about it!