Phantom posts? I keep getting notifications for posts that don't exist! [Resolved! Thanks @Flamebeard]

Hi all, 

Okay, here's something strange that's happened a few times (and it happened again just now). I get a notification that someone has replied to a thread I'm subscribed to. I click the notification and go to the thread, but there is no post! 

Is this a bug? Or does this just mean whoever posted has just deleted their post between the notification appearing and my clicking on it? 

Weird. It's screwing with my head. Thoughts? 

Re: Phantom posts? I keep getting notifications for posts that don't exist!

Flamebeard Wrote: Bump. This happened to me earlier. On a reply to your post on a previous thread. 

Maybe someone is deleting their reply?

That's definitely possible. I suspect that may be the case, but this has happened to me multiple times, so I thought maybe I'd see if there was a bug or something. It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing it, because I wondered if it was just my settings or something! 

Thanks for the response! 

Re: Phantom posts? I keep getting notifications for posts that don't exist! [Resolved! Thanks @Flamebeard]

I know this says resolved, but I just wanna point out that sometimes posts get caught up in some kind of moderation limbo. I've had notifications that go nowhere, but if I click on them a few days later suddenly the post has appeared and it links fine.

So it could be a user deleting their post, a moderator deleting a post, or a post stuck in limbo. Not sure if there's any other reasons.

Re: Phantom posts? I keep getting notifications for posts that don't exist! [Resolved! Thanks @Flamebeard]

Cinn Wrote: I know this says resolved, but I just wanna point out that sometimes posts get caught up in some kind of moderation limbo. I've had notifications that go nowhere, but if I click on them a few days later suddenly the post has appeared and it links fine.

So it could be a user deleting their post, a moderator deleting a post, or a post stuck in limbo. Not sure if there's any other reasons.

That's good to know! Thanks!  peoapproval