New to RR, not sure my fiction is a style fit here, but I love the community!

Maybe it was Shirtaloon who was being interviewed and said, authors like George RR Martin and Tolkien would get destroyed here on Royal Road... their style and story-type wouldn't get traction on this platform, etc.

What do you think? I'm wondering if the same will be true for the novel I'm working on?

Nova is not fantasy, more like 1984 meets Dune.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53929/nova-interitus

Re: New to RR, not sure my fiction is a style fit here, but I love the community!

It's hard to say actually. There's so many readers here that there's a good chance there are those who will enjoy your story. All you can do is put it out there and do your best to get people to notice it. Being active in the Forums and commenting on stories your read can help. You can also check out the Reviewing section of the Forums to do comment and review swaps. There's also the Marketing sections of the Forums where you can promote your work. Hope many people do find and enjoy your story. Good luck.

Re: New to RR, not sure my fiction is a style fit here, but I love the community!

Hello DeimosRobertson, and welcome to RR! I think any style and type would be welcome here as long as a good story is there. You might start off holding a low number of followers, but it'll probably be because you're still kind of fresh here, most certainly not because of the style and type.

Don't feel discouraged, just write the best story you can. You'll find your audience here, I'm sure of it!