Introduction from an aspiring writer!

Hello all! Long time reader and writer here. I recently found RR when looking for communities to post some of my writing on, and so far I'm really hyped to both share my own work, and read stuff posted by other authors. I'm a big fan of thrillers, horror, and fantasy, and I think that bleeds through in my own work. I love stories about people going up against tough odds, and I like expressing that in horror themes. Sometimes my characters succeed, other times they fail. Fiction is more exciting if there's a real chance of the hero losing, I think!
Over the next few weeks, I'll be adding to a short story collection that I've already started posting on my profile: Dread: Within and Without. I know most of this site prefers novels, but I hope there's room for short story anthologies somewhere in your hearts! Lol.

I'm excited to get to know the community. Feel free to check out the first story in the ongoing collection when you get the time!

Re: Introduction from an aspiring writer!

Welcome to Royal Road. Always great to see experienced authors joining the site. I've a couple of short story collections myself and there are definitely short story readers here on Royal Road. Being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are great ways to interact with the community. Hope you find Royal Road to be a fun experience and that many people enjoy your work.