Re: Shout Outs

I offer shoutouts in exchange for reviews but I am pretty with the stories I'll shout out and if for whatever reason I'm not happy to shoutout one, I'll dm the author and let them know the reasoning and make sure they know that they don't need to review still! 

I've not had any complaints thus far about the stories I'm shouting out :)

I don't have much influence. But i do only shoutout for stories i really like and read. 
I also do art collaborations and fan arts for indie stories... also... only for those I really like.
The point is, doing shoutout exchange might not be much help. 
If you aim to be a pro, and need the number of good reviews regardless of what... may be yes, it'll help.
But as a hobbyist, I still prefer to receive some sincere reviews, feedbacks and shoutouts.
Just a personal POV.
DrakanFascinating

Jen Wrote: This might be a stupid question, but what are shoutouts exactly? I mean how does that work? o.o sorry for asking this ><

Authors on RR can add comments at the top or bottom of their chapters. They could put the synopsis of someone else's story and say 'this is good check it out' and point their followers to that story. It's a way of supporting other authors on the site, but authors need/like to be choosy about who they pick to do this because people will ignore the shout outs if they rec bad fictions. 

Borchard Wrote:
Jen Wrote: This might be a stupid question, but what are shoutouts exactly? I mean how does that work? o.o sorry for asking this ><

Authors on RR can add comments at the top or bottom of their chapters. They could put the synopsis of someone else's story and say 'this is good check it out' and point their followers to that story. It's a way of supporting other authors on the site, but authors need/like to be choosy about who they pick to do this because people will ignore the shout outs if they rec bad fictions.

oooh ok gotcha. I had no idea that this was a thing, thx for explaining =)