I need help from somebody who is good at math, and putting the relating formula into a google "excel" sheet.

Hello!

I'm looking for somebody who could help me automate the calculations for both my Max HP and Max MP in my LitRPG. They're both dependent on Constitution and Wisdom Attributes respectively, so it'd be nice if I could just input the value and Excel spits out the number I need.

HP should be fairly straightforward, although I'm not sure if Excel can handle an increasing value... Anyway, MaxHP started out at 5HP per point in Constitution. Every 5 levels, another point gets added. So from levels 6-10, you'd get 6HP per point. 11-15, 7HP, and so on. And that's basically it.

MP is a bit more complicated in that matter, since the MC has some modifiers for wisdom. For starters, he started out with a flat 20 as a bonus which should be easy enough to add. But then, he has a bonus that increases the MP gained per point by 50%. MP increases just like HP does, but it started at 3 for the first few levels. So the increase is still, 3, then 4, then 5, etc. But a 50% increase is applied. So the actual numbers are 4.5, 6, 7.5, etc. Is it even possible to make such a function in google sheets?

For now, I've just been making these calculations manually, and automating them would save me a lot of hassle.

So please, halp! :)

Re: I need help from somebody who is good at math, and putting the relating formula into a google "excel" sheet.

LevelFlat_BonusMultiplierStarting_ValueResource_Per_StatRelevant_StatTotal_Stat
25015=C2*(D2+INT((A2-1)/5))50=F2*E2
17201.53=C3*(D3+INT((A3-1)/5))35=F3*E3

Something like this might work. The first row is for Con and HP, while the second is Wis and MP.
  • The first column is what level the character is at. I just put level 25 and 17 just as an example. You would change this whenever your character levels.
  • The second is the flat bonus. 20 for MP and zero (?) for hp. You can change this to suit any items or buffs your character gets. 
  • The third is the multiplier set currently to 1 (or 0% increased) for HP, and 1.5 (or 50% increased) for mana.
  • The fourth is the starting value of your series. For HP it is 5, and for MP it is 3. 
  • The fifth is how much of a resource you get per stat. So 5 hp/con at level 1-5 or 7 hp/con at level 11-15.
  • The sixth is the quantity of the relevant stat. How much Constitution/Wisdom the character has. I set them to 50 and 35 arbitrarily. 
  • the seventh is the stat total. This is how much HP (first row) or MP (second row) the character has. 
All the references assume that 'Level' is at A1.

Re: I need help from somebody who is good at math, and putting the relating formula into a google "excel" sheet.

Flamebeard Wrote:
LevelFlat_BonusMultiplierStarting_ValueResource_Per_StatRelevant_StatTotal_Stat
25015=C2*(D2+INT((A2-1)/5))50=F2*E2
17201.53=C3*(D3+INT((A3-1)/5))35=F3*E3

Something like this might work. The first row is for Con and HP, while the second is Wis and MP.
  • The first column is what level the character is at. I just put level 25 and 17 just as an example. You would change this whenever your character levels.
  • The second is the flat bonus. 20 for MP and zero (?) for hp. You can change this to suit any items or buffs your character gets. 
  • The third is the multiplier set currently to 1 (or 0% increased) for HP, and 1.5 (or 50% increased) for mana.
  • The fourth is the starting value of your series. For HP it is 5, and for MP it is 3. 
  • The fifth is how much of a resource you get per stat. So 5 hp/con at level 1-5 or 7 hp/con at level 11-15.
  • The sixth is the quantity of the relevant stat. How much Constitution/Wisdom the character has. I set them to 50 and 35 arbitrarily. 
  • the seventh is the stat total. This is how much HP (first row) or MP (second row) the character has. 
All the references assume that 'Level' is at A1.

First of, thank you for helping! 

I played around with it for a bit to test, and it doesn't seem to quite work out, sadly. First off, the Level isn't really relevant to the calculation, only the attribute points themselves. Even when I tried taking the levels out of the equation and make it dependent on the attribute, it didn't quite work out. I pinpointed the problem as the formula assuming that every single point of Wisdom(f.e.) gives you the full amount of the MaxMP per point(this calculation seems to work just fine btw) that it outputs into the resource per stat thing.

So if you f.e. put in a wisdom of 20, it outputs 180 MaxMP, which is just 20x9. but the actual calculation would be like this:

5x4.5 + 5x6 + 5x7.5 + 5x9 =  135

Which is significantly less. I dunno if this method is doable :/