Re: The [Royal Road Community Magazine] Contest [June Edition]

Okay I think I got it (I hope I got it)

Beyond the Boundary Contest

Requires a story inspired by or using the above theme “Beyond the Boundary”

Can’t be fanfiction or something previously written – must be written within / for the contest (logical, really)

No sexual content (so your basic G rating) and following the general RR guidelines (which I haven’t found but from what I’ve seen on the site so far seem to be don’t be a jerk)

Entry itself must be within 8-40k words (sounds like the ultimate story/novel could be longer ultimately, but only the first bit would be judged (am I off here?)

In order to enter, you must

Publish it on RR by June 9 (this would be done from your “author” “write” and “submit story” page, right?)

Then you must submit the entry to the “Royal Road magazine form” which is found here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct8XE5t9882pG5P2NHUTxDi-y1yLkg8IDa-dlAIzdGqCTJ3w/viewform

And somewhat logically will only accept submissions that are already published on RR

You need to finish it (well, finish to at least 8-40k?) by July 1st

Evieleyn Wrote:
Knightraveness Wrote: Is there some method of confirmation our work has been officially applied to the contest? A couple days ago I applied admission into the contest (through the link you posted) and it said form response was submitted and I was just like "O.O? That's it? Am I in?"

DrakanThinking
Your fic is Dwarven  heart, right ? 
It's in  peoapproval

Thank you! You are awesome! Greatly appreciated. :D

Buller Wrote:
Howle Wrote: Is there any way you could confirm that mine is in as well?

Also, will you all be reading the entries at the contest's conclusion, or reading them as each author posts? I want to make sure I put that last coat of polish on before they're read  DrakanThinking
You're in
And we are waiting until the end before we start reading
So we can still join after first milestone? I will miss the mark because my story is yet to be approved

Sam Wrote: How is everyone's story coming along?

Submitted my fic, and as soon as it gets accepted, I will officially enter the contest. I was really struggling and have about 4 false starts that I still think might be interesting stories - but they just weren't the right one for this. 

Funny/weird story - I was really struggling with the background so that the glossary-in-progress (at the time I submitted my first tiny chapter) was longer than the story. 

invidious Wrote: Just submitted my story to RR, do you think I still have time to get it in the magazine?
Definitely.  June 9th is only the deadline for the first chapter if you want to get the milestone achievement, you actually have until July 1st to submit for the magazine contest. So if you posted something here, you have til July 1st to work on it.  (You can work on it longer but anything after July 1st won't be in the magazine.)

Shagbark Wrote:
invidious Wrote: Just submitted my story to RR, do you think I still have time to get it in the magazine?
Definitely.  June 9th is only the deadline for the first chapter if you want to get the milestone achievement, you actually have until July 1st to submit for the magazine contest. So if you posted something here, you have til July 1st to work on it.  (You can work on it longer but anything after July 1st won't be in the magazine.)

Oh sweet, thanks for letting me know. I was stressing out