Does small Typos can flop an great idea?

I am a non-native English speaker. My English though is not perfect, it is not bad either. Since I started writing, I have faced problems with editing the chapters. I use Grammarly and because of that most of the grammatical mistakes in the final draft get taken care of. But the thing is that still after using Grammarly and reading the final drafts two times, I somehow some mistakes still slip by. For example mistakes like this slip past me...

drunk 15 years old getting riled up
drunk 15-year-olds getting riled up

Now a reader of mine pointed out this mistake and edited the chapter as soon as I got time. In every chapter, there are at most 2 mistakes like this. So what should I do? I cannot afford a proofreader nor do I have a friend who could act as a proofreader. So what should I do?
And also please tell me, do silly mistakes like this ruin someone's reading experience? 
I am very nervous and anxious that these kinds of mistakes will a downfall for me and my book. Should I be worried?

Re: Does small Typos can flop an great idea?

I think you shouldn't let the fear of that stop you from writing and uploading, that's the important thing to keep in mind. As long as you keep writing and learning English it will all improve in time! Just be aware of it, perhaps mention that English isn't your first language in the author note at the beginning of your story and I'm sure people will be understanding and offer you some help if you're open to it. 

Just don't worry and stop writing, as long as you're aware and moving forward everything will work out eventually :) 

If it's a few minor typos, sure, it's alright. That's provided you're writing perfectly otherwise.

However, if you're consistently writing how you wrote the title of the thread, then yes, it will ruin the idea, no matter how great.

"Does small Typos can flop an great idea?"

It should be something like "Can small typos flop a great idea?" or "Do small typos flop a great idea?"

Of course, I can't just look at a thread title and berate you about it.

I've taken the liberty of reading the first chapter of your story (without even reading the synopsis since I'm just trying to get an idea of how you write). Try not to take offense, but I'll be honest here. The issue you have has nothing to do with typos. The overall Style isn't all that great. As in, it's written in 'Bad English'. It's English and it's more or less grammatically correct, but in the context of a book, you have to be aware of how the tenses line up and overall how easy it is to read in general. It's not something that you can learn by taking English courses online and it's something that you get a feel for by reading or writing a lot, so don't be discouraged. You'll get there, that's for sure. It might take a month, a year, several years or it might take decades, but as long as you're trying, you'll get there.

At the moment, you're tactlessly mixing Past Tense with Present Tense. You can do that. I do that. You just have to make it fade into the background, but there's just something oddly off about it.

I'll list the most glaring issues I've noticed while reading in no particular order:
  • Awkward Tenses
  • Repetitive phrases, such as "the beggar begged him" in two consecutive paragraphs.
  • Lack of variety when describing it, and a shortage of complicated sentences. E.g: "He had a very huge body. He had a very handsome face."
  • Odd sentence structure. E.g: "And then soon the throne room was filled with thousands of women who all were naked."
  • Weird dialogue that feels... weird. E.g: " I have already made your lunch. I have packed your bags and checked whether you have everything you need." Using something like "I made your lunch," or "I've already made your lunch," would sound better in this scenario.
  • Punctuation issues, such as missing commas and periods. E.g: "Mother the train leaves at 4:00 pm sharp."
  • Simplistic language that seems out of place in anything outside children's books, such as "As he came down he saw that the breakfast was full of things that he liked."
  • Odd capitalization such as "You know, I met a Faith reader the other day." James's mother said while he was concentrating on food."
This is overall just simple stuff that you can fix up in say, three months of writing. The rest, I can't just point at and complain about since it's more complicated.

The consensus is that no, typos won't ruin a story but there are other factors that can and will.

No, not really. Most popular stories are very imperfect due to a plethory of reasons, not limited to producing 5 or so chapters a week at minimum, just leading to some mistakes here and there. Rather than care about minor mistakes, try to address the larger ones. Repeating the same words too many times can quickly get annoying, and you need to be on top of always making it obvious who is speaking when and whose POV we are following (avoid head-hopping).

You naturally do need some basis of proper grammar, but using a program like Grammerly and a bit of critical deduction and reading it over a few times should also help. I myself am not a native English speaker, so I do know I make a lot of mistakes (including some funny ones), but as long as you reach some arbitrary baseline and still make your writing easy to consume and understand, you should be good.

Small typos here and there won't do anything to damage the story. Not unless they're ridiculously prevalent. Or unless the small typos change the meaning of the text.

Imagine a character walks into his barn with another character, only to discover in shock and in mid-sentence that his prized horse has disappeared. Even if the words spoken are the exact same, there's an obvious difference between "And I--FUCK! MY HORSE!" and "And I FUCK MY HORSE!".

....I probably could have used a different example.

Dusty_Glamour Wrote: If it's a few minor typos, sure, it's alright. That's provided you're writing perfectly otherwise.

However, if you're consistently writing how you wrote the title of the thread, then yes, it will ruin the idea, no matter how great.

"Does small Typos can flop an great idea?"

It should be something like "Can small typos flop a great idea?" or "Do small typos flop a great idea?"

Of course, I can't just look at a thread title and berate you about it.

I've taken the liberty of reading the first chapter of your story (without even reading the synopsis since I'm just trying to get an idea of how you write). Try not to take offense, but I'll be honest here. The issue you have has nothing to do with typos. The overall Style isn't all that great. As in, it's written in 'Bad English'. It's English and it's more or less grammatically correct, but in the context of a book, you have to be aware of how the tenses line up and overall how easy it is to read in general. It's not something that you can learn by taking English courses online and it's something that you get a feel for by reading or writing a lot, so don't be discouraged. You'll get there, that's for sure. It might take a month, a year, several years or it might take decades, but as long as you're trying, you'll get there.

At the moment, you're tactlessly mixing Past Tense with Present Tense. You can do that. I do that. You just have to make it fade into the background, but there's just something oddly off about it.

I'll list the most glaring issues I've noticed while reading in no particular order:
  • Awkward Tenses
  • Repetitive phrases, such as "the beggar begged him" in two consecutive paragraphs.
  • Lack of variety when describing it, and a shortage of complicated sentences. E.g: "He had a very huge body. He had a very handsome face."
  • Odd sentence structure. E.g: "And then soon the throne room was filled with thousands of women who all were naked."
  • Weird dialogue that feels... weird. E.g: " I have already made your lunch. I have packed your bags and checked whether you have everything you need." Using something like "I made your lunch," or "I've already made your lunch," would sound better in this scenario.
  • Punctuation issues, such as missing commas and periods. E.g: "Mother the train leaves at 4:00 pm sharp."
  • Simplistic language that seems out of place in anything outside children's books, such as "As he came down he saw that the breakfast was full of things that he liked."
  • Odd capitalization such as "You know, I met a Faith reader the other day." James's mother said while he was concentrating on food."
This is overall just simple stuff that you can fix up in say, three months of writing. The rest, I can't just point at and complain about since it's more complicated.

The consensus is that no, typos won't ruin a story but there are other factors that can and will.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I will try to improve my English based on your suggestions.

Let me tell you: on this website, readers barely give a hoot about grammar.

They barely reward you for getting it right, and they'll rarely drop you if you get it wrong (to a limit). The audience is more excited with scenarios and ideas, I think. Things change if you want to get published, I am inclined to believe, but here, feel free to just write.