I need help finding an Illustrator

I've been searching for an illustrator who can make quality covers for me (obviously paid), but I've been having trouble figuring out where to start my search.
I checked Fiverr, I checked Pixiv, but none of them proved to be helpful in having any artists whose sample illustrations were particularly eye-catching.
Then again, my searches were very much surface level, so if anyone could recommend me someone who does quality covers I'd be very glad, as my art skills aren't that good.
I want this novel of mine to shine, I want to one day see it in a bookstore as a bona fide Light Novel, and I believe it's about time I get a cover done for the two volumes that are out currently.

Thanks in advance,

Yours truly, Lash.

Re: I need help finding an Illustrator

I'll take this time to throw a shoutout for my guy Kazex on Fiverr. He's been doing some really cool stuff for me for the First Flame and has been really good with following my difficult instructions. He's doing some panel work for me at the moment but it shouldn't take him long before his queue opens up so it's worth reaching out to him and seeing what he can line up for you.

Here's an example of what he's done for me so far: The Otherwordly Tattoos of a Titan

EDIT: he did the tattoo design entirely himself. I just described the tattoo and provided the little glyphs you see in the design as a template. He did everything else.

If you want quality and have the money to pay for it, the first place to check out is Artstation. It's the biggest portfolio site for visual art and there are a LOT of good illustrators and book cover designers there (those are two different things bdw). It's not a social media site and doesn't have a forum, so I suggest writing 'commission prices' into the search bar to find people who offer 'em for private buyers. 

Of course, there's a huge range of skill represented on Artstation and not everyone is a professional. You'll likely be able to find someone a bit cheaper if that's what you need. 

Also... deviantArt? I guess? I admit I haven't been on there for a while but I still see it mentioned in art commission talks and it exists so yeah. 

I want to double up on Haust suggestions to go look on artstation and deviantart, while fiverr is serviceable its not where I would go to get high quality illustrations or book covers. I will also suggest looking on twitter as a lot of artists use it as one of their primary socials and will post when they have open commissions slots [x], thought make sure to read carefully what they offer, a person opening commissions for character illustrations usually wont be open for full book cover illustrations. 

Also while I imagine this goes without saying, make sure that the person you commission actually does art in the style you want the book cover, if you want a anime style cover don’t commission a person that does comicbook style art. It’s a bad time for both artist and commissioner.

Heres a link to my fiverr guy. Hes made all 3 of my covers to date.

Hes not too spendy, his work is SOLID, and he can work in multiple styles. He is also literally the only person I have found on fiverr that is willing to do unlimited revisions.

You absolutely HAVE to be specific with what you want though.

https://www.fiverr.com/mikeysgraphicz/create-a-unique-horror-book-cover-design-or-kindle-cover?context_referrer=logged_in_homepage&source=recently_and_inspired&ref_ctx_id=b9bd617da7fbbcf141f8a4e3a130bb18&context=recommendation&pckg_id=3&pos=1&mod=hap%7Crep%7Cpot&context_alg=recently_ordered&recommended_package_id=3&recommended_price=4500&tier_selection=recommended&imp_id=cad65909-74e5-4d13-8544-ec219cceec74

Free Lancer sites are funny. Newbies are always left at the bottom of the bin and the guys who get all the work are kept at the top. Artificially. 

I was interested in earning money with my writing skills so I joined a few. Earned a couple hundred bucks. Never going back, sites like fiver are so focused on attracting clients that they let people do whatever they want. While focusing on weeding out free lancers. So you end up getting scammed a lot and having site staff do nothing but be unhelpful. 

It's not a place where much talent or creativity happens. So I would recommend just searching for them yourself or with other people. 

M.J. Wrote: Yeah, there are plenty of sites and artists out there, you need to know what you're looking for, how much you are willing to pay, and how long you can wait. I used Artsantis from Fiverr for my newest cover. But like people said above, there are other sites you can check out.
hey mate, i took a look at the artist you linked at i just wanted to say based on the images i saw in her portfolio i would conclude that they probably use some sort of ai to generate larges parts of those "illustrations". you might be completly aware of that already! and if so thats fine, but just thought it might be worth saying, especially for the price shes asking.

There is a forum on reddit called HungryArtist that always have people willing to work and send you a portfolio. All you have to do is post what your looking for and give them a price range. If you don't want to have a bunch of people messaging you, you can just scroll and find an artist you like who is accepting commissions. I did the second method for my stories cover and I couldn’t be happier. I did the first method for my profile pic and feel the same.

If you want the guy who worked on my story art it's below.

Neroqhile

SolStone Wrote: There is a forum on reddit called HungryArtist that always have people willing to work and send you a portfolio. All you have to do is post what your looking for and give them a price range. If you don't want to have a bunch of people messaging you, you can just scroll and find an artist you like who is accepting commissions. I did the second method for my stories cover and I couldn’t be happier. I did the first method for my profile pic and feel the same.

If you want the guy who worked on my story art it's below.

Neroqhile
I've heard this method be mentioned on the thread before. It seems like the perfect quality/cost ratio! I've been looking at the subreddit for a few days and think I've found someone. Cheers to everyone for helping out with suggestions! DrakanWine