Do you have a specific song that you think of when you think of your story?

Whenever I'm writing I tend to listen to music. I'll often listen to a variety of songs, but there are always some that really stand out and inspire me. Essentially, they get the vibe just right. What are those songs for you?

I'll start. When I listen to Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crüe, I can't help but imagine some grand action anime intro for my story. It's one of the songs that originally inspired the style I'm aiming for, and one that will probably always put me in the story telling mood! 

Re: Do you have a specific song that you think of when you think of your story?

Do people listen to one song while playing? I listen to so many and tend to listen to instrumentals or foreign languages.  Lyrics, if you pay attention to them, will occupy the same brain space as writing. 

Anyway, my top 5:

1. Elnaudi: Low Mist (Day 3)
2. Richter: On The Nature Of Daylight
3. Elnaudi: Experience
4. Ikue Asazaki  (Betrayal Song from Samurai Champloo)
5. Jenny of Oldstone by Florence + The Machines I know I said I don't listen to lyrics while writing, but this song inspired an entire aspect of a character in my superhero fiction novel.

I let a lot of random music play whenever I'm working on anything (job related, hobby related, you name it) and so I was reading this thread thinking "Nah, I don't really have a specific song associated with my WIP story, but you all have some cool songs, there."

And then it popped in my head and I can't un-see the relationship... Carry On Wayward Son

Dang it... now every time I work on finessing the long-term outline, that is going to be in my head...

Music is really important to me for writing. Each chapter has it's own song/songs that I put on repeat with [a mood] that helps me feel how I want my characters to be feeling, it helps me get into the right frame of mind by bringing my mood up/down and that helps me connect to what I want to say better than having no music and having to think myself into mood rather than let the music do its thing.