Concerning re-releasing my story/ scheduling releases/ grift maximization

Hello,

I writing this story called 'The Cursebreaker' and I have a problem: the chapters are too long. I decided to cut them up to make everything more readable as well as add some improvements. All that is left to do is upload them to the site. What I want to know is this: What is the best way to schedule the releases? Should I have them drop once a day for the next two weeks or should I have them drop once a week for the next three months? The former might be best for exposure, but if I do the latter then maybe I can give myself three months to work ahead and set up a habit of writing one chapter a week (what I am doing must be consistent). What should I do?

Re: Concerning re-releasing my story/ scheduling releases/ grift maximization

Both are good approaches. However, based on your post it seems your leaning towards one chapter a week. Posting a chapter a week is very common here and over the long run it doesn't seem to hurt their exposure. Plus consistency is an important part of writing. Therefore, if posting once a week helps you write more consistently, then I suggest doing that.

Re: Concerning re-releasing my story/ scheduling releases/ grift maximization

YoshikageKiraStan13 Wrote: Hello,

I writing this story called 'The Cursebreaker' and I have a problem: the chapters are too long. I decided to cut them up to make everything more readable as well as add some improvements. All that is left to do is upload them to the site. What I want to know is this: What is the best way to schedule the releases? Should I have them drop once a day for the next two weeks or should I have them drop once a week for the next three months? The former might be best for exposure, but if I do the latter then maybe I can give myself three months to work ahead and set up a habit of writing one chapter a week (what I am doing must be consistent). What should I do?
I had the same decision earlier this year. I had about 100k words that I wanted to rerelease after some heavy editing and plot changes. I finally decided to pull all the old stuff down and release three chapters a week. Then, after about six weeks, I moved over to twice a week while I worked on book 2 and built up a backlog. In other words, you can always start with two or three a week if you want that exposure and then switch a bit later once you have some traction. You can also just do one a week if that's what you feel comfortable with, as I doubt you want to worry about running out of content or losing your readers' interest.