Bringing an Ongoing Story into the Writathon

Hey all,

I currently have a story that I've sort of stopped writing for (I have about 2000 words in the backlog) but have been working on the plot for the foreseeable future, in preparation for the Writathon. I didn't want to burn out or run out of ideas while the Writathon was in progress. However, now, I'm not sure whether it's possible to bring an in-progress fiction into the Writathon. Is this possible? 

Thanks

Re: Bringing an Ongoing Story into the Writathon

Hey, someone that did what you did last year and won here! I do have to warn to plan carefully, if you're into that sort of thing. I realized right after, also having burnout afterward, that while not bad--the segment of my series ended up very clunky due to writing nonstop for a month.

So at least have, say... A direction, or a prompt, or hell--make this a story arc so things are a little more neater when you or people look back.

Ignore this if this advice doesn't help!

mer_curry Wrote: Hey, someone that did what you did last year and won here! I do have to warn to plan carefully, if you're into that sort of thing. I realized right after, also having burnout afterward, that while not bad--the segment of my series ended up very clunky due to writing nonstop for a month.

So at least have, say... A direction, or a prompt, or hell--make this a story arc so things are a little more neater when you or people look back.

Haha, so, if you look at my story (signature), you'll see I've only had one update in the past 20 days, whereas I was updating about every other day prior. This is because I've been writing the actual plot itself and preparing myself for goals in the story and direction, so that when I start writing for the writathon I'm not just taking a meaningless direction and don't know what to write for the sake of pumping out words. 

mer_curry Wrote: Hey, someone that did what you did last year and won here! I do have to warn to plan carefully, if you're into that sort of thing. I realized right after, also having burnout afterward, that while not bad--the segment of my series ended up very clunky due to writing nonstop for a month.

hehe, yeah, I certainly did have burnout, but I'm way more prepared than last time since I've been writing longer, when I joined the writathon I haven't written in years, so I'm a lot more in the groove than before