You ever get that feeling, "Wow, I'm actually doing this."

For me it usually comes from checking the annotations on my google doc. I make sure every chapter and every part gets its place in the annotations. I've gotten to the point where I actually have to scroll to reach the latest chapter, and it hit me. 

This world, at one time locked away in the back of my head, unknown to all but myself, is now being made real. People are coming to know the world and characters that I've been living with in my head for so long now, and even if few ever do read it, it's like a dream come true.

Re: You ever get that feeling, "Wow, I'm actually doing this."

It's pretty much the most consistent feeling I have other than "it sucks"/"no one cares :'''''("/"why am i even doing this" etc al.

I've been brewing ideas and saying I've TOTALLY gonna write this thing for a number of years. Now that I'm actually writing it--it's very surreal. When I put Phase 0 of my story as a complete work... Like. Look! It's there! I did it! Only the skippable origin story--but I literally wrote the thing! It's real!

A real piece of shit, but hey--it's my real piece of shit.

Every once in a while, I'm sure most, if not all of us would just look back at all the words I've done. Before, I'd have considered creating any fictional writing beyond 2k words was too long. Now, as I look back at my one and a half years of consistent writing, I realize... Oh wait, I wrote 220k words. That's excluding some unpublished oneshots and fanfics I wrote, something that I now am extremely proud of. And contrary to what I thought, I still had somewhat of a life!

Very glad I decided to put the fictional world in my head out onto pages of google docs back then, and as I edit and rewrite the older chapters, I just think, Dang, I've come a long way.

ArDeeBurger Wrote: I am looking forward to the feeling of, "Wow. I'm actually done with doing this." ❤🦈❤
I now have THREE other books wanting to be written. Right now. That will have to wait until I am done with Dr Z. Finish Return to Sol (book 1), the Dark Golem litRPG, the Silent Gods litRPG.

I need to win the lottery or something to I can pay bills and just write for eight hours a day.

WillNewbie Wrote: This world, at one time locked away in the back of my head, unknown to all but myself, is now being made real. People are coming to know the world and characters that I've been living with in my head for so long now, and even if few ever do read it, it's like a dream come true.
That's exactly how I feel! It makes me so happy to see my story become a tangible thing that I and other people can read!

ArDeeBurger Wrote:
Dan Wrote: I need to win the lottery or something to I can pay bills and just write for eight hours a day.
Ooh! Ooh! If I win the lottery, I will hire you into the mega writing corporation I will start.

Ah... and if you win, will you please hire me? 🐉
Winning the lottery, maybe start up a new publishing business. TrashPulp, LLC. Entertainment first. Proudly churning out stories that tickle the fancy of the most folks. No highbrow hoity toityness, no political topics, just damned good stories. Sure. Get big enough, branch out into comics and movies. Just entertainment, no judgyness no dumb fads.

...This would require I actually buy a lottery ticket first, though. That is the sticking point.

I just had that feeling today when I posted my 10th chapter. I've never stayed in one of my fictional words for more than a few days, and it's already almost a month. I really hope that I finish writing it and finally complete a project for the first time in my life lol. This story has been living in my head rent-free for a while now, and I'm glad that it's also playing in other people's heads now.