Re: Promote your Story - Tell Us About Your Favourite Secondary Character

In my fiction there’s a Royal family known as the Chiryn family, they’re these family of demon hunters. 

There were two characters that were in like 2 chapters, one of which was Noel Chiryn. He’s essentially just a very skilled asshole, with a joyful companion named Selene. The main characters have some aspects of dragons so they’re sense of smell is extremely high and they noticed that Selene smells like strawberries. Ive been leaving little hints that the duo is nearby, just by saying that they caught the strange smell of strawberries at times where there were no strawberries around.

I’m planning a spin-off because I love the duo dynamic of complete ass-joyful carefree

It has to be Milo! He's a long curly green haired individual who seeks vengeance for the death of his parents. 

Personality wise, he is a very curious soul, always searching for the truth, like a reporter. His curiosity mostly stems from not wanting to take risks, wanting to know everything about the situation at hand before taking action, unlike the main protagonist. He's protective over the ones he holds dear to him, his family. Milo is good at close combat, one of the top close combatants in the SDU. He mainly works with knifes but, if needed, he will switch to a gun. 

Ive enjoyed writing Matarys Targaryen, like many Targaryens he is insane, but not necessarily in a bad way, hes kind and honorable and cynical, all to a fault. Ive written many stories about crusader kings 2, but nevr have really had an insane character in such an important role and ive enjoyed writing him.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/55268/the-dragons-realm-a-house-targaryen-story-asoiaf

The character I have the most fun writing by far is Amy (Amkorathotep). She's the mysterious entity that transported the MC to another world. She acts cute but is fickle and has the right amount of insanity to make others step on eggs when around her. Her careless attitude and playfulness along with a hint of cosmic horror beneath the surface make for a delightful experience when writing her dialogs.

This character is from a story I will begin posting in August, and of course, the last piece of the puzzle still missing is his name. 

But, here is my Nameless One. I figure he deserves credit—as the first character to claw his way from the clutches of death. I planned for him to be a roadblock of sorts, his death was supposed to be the climax,  stopping the character from pursuing her goal. However, he managed to change my mind, so thoroughly he may well become a secondary main character.

He is a powerful mage, in service to a king. He is both warrior and advisor, leader of the magic unit and rewarded a seat among the noble council despite his humble birth.

He is quick witted and fond of discovering new magic. Always tired and overworked—some his own doing, some the result of  incompetent record keeping.

I look forward to introducing him in the story, I’m certain he will be one of the more popular characters. He has a way of worming his way in, whether you wanted to like him or not.