Re: Royal Road Rumble! Can your character survive the Smackdown!?

Alrighty all! Fight two is up! Fight 2

I had a lot of fun with this one! Next fight will be on Friday and involve Charlie The Abomination in a special match!

Also, sorry Degritone, but I don't think I can use Degritone in this fic. Too many powers, not enough people on their level, and not enough personality. If I used them it would likely just be the show runner showing up to erase him for 'being no fun'.

We still have room for more fighters, I think we can squeeze one more into these first batch of fights and leave an open invite for any late comers.

Fair enough.

One final try to get him in:

You could rule that the game system doesn't work at all outside his home multiverse (or is actively supressed, would fit more with future story bits) and he only has the very simple object conjuration + flight. He'd still even get to be a regenerator, but way slower. He'd have to manually patch up his body using said simple object conjuration, rather than have it be a passive thing, since his body is all one material, now. And doing it right takes multiple minutes for his whole body, though a quick and dirty solution that wouldn't react perfectly to his thoughts would just take a thought.

Durability would be a little above human, like maybe 10-15% harder to hurt. Speed would be way down, as well, maybe like 20 MPH sprinting or so. Without the ability to think quickly, flight speed would be too slow to really be useful in a fight, as a power up they figured out in the next few chapters hasn't happened yet, making flight acceleration omega slow. Its top speed would only be like 5-6 MPH in the amount of time he'd have to think in a fight.

Without the game system, he's almost a normal human, just with those couple extra things. Intro would have to be changed. Probably something similar, but he wouldn't be able to regenerate too much in a short enough time. Maybe it's a spiky boot and pierces his chest or something instead of regenerating his whole body. The center of his chest doesn't need to work perfectly, anyway.

Assuming the personality thing alone isn't too much of a no-go.

And without most of his powers, I doubt he'd be willing to fight fair when other people can actually do lasting damage with little effort. Still too trade heavy combats, just not as much.

Gasmaskbro Wrote: Alrighty all! Fight two is up! Fight 2

I had a lot of fun with this one! Next fight will be on Friday and involve Charlie The Abomination in a special match!

Also, sorry Degritone, but I don't think I can use Degritone in this fic. Too many powers, not enough people on their level, and not enough personality. If I used them it would likely just be the show runner showing up to erase him for 'being no fun'.

We still have room for more fighters, I think we can squeeze one more into these first batch of fights and leave an open invite for any late comers.
Looking forward to Charlie's fight!  I don't really care whether she wins or loses as long as the special match is entertaining and Charlie gets to be wacky.  After all, Charlie's main goal is to make friends!

Match 3 is up! 

Next will be the final match for the first night with Sawyer, Sorrel, Blue Eagle, and Akumi.

After that it will be time for backstage interactions and shenanigan's! I've got several interactions planned, but if you have any you'd like to see your characters doing or interact with I'd love to hear it!

If you'd like to throw your own character in, I'm still more than willing to take more competitors!

Name: Zed Thorne
Stage Name: The Dark Hero (?) (Heavy emphasis on that question mark.)
Story: Strange Aeons
Appearance: Over six feet tall, gangly, sallow-skinned. Slim, lightly muscled build. Shaggy black hair with two pointed horns poking out. Green eyes.
Skills/abilities: Multiclasser who heavily favors his Soul Marionette class. Manipulates shadows and wields deadly summoned garrote wire (threads). Can summon a sword for close combat, but will probably get stomped. Immediately.
Notable feats: Uses a lot of improvisation from the shadows to get the upper hand. His favorite skill is leaning toward being ridiculously overpowered.
Personality: Awkward, snarky, a bit negative. Swears worse than a sailor.
Fears/Flaws/Failings: Depressed. Awkward, major social anxiety. Hotheaded. Trying to be better, but personal growth is hard.
Starting Facing: Heel
Optional addons include-
Their Entrance music: Don't Hate Me - Badflower
Their Stage walk: If he doesn't have to be shoved into the arena (HOW many people are watching, exactly?!), a determined, semi-aggressive stomp down the aisle. Ignores the crowd unless booed, then will flip anyone and everyone off.

Gasmaskbro Wrote: Match 4 is now up! Next week we start the backstage antics and politicking. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter and my terrible little hand drawn cover. Going to take more time with the next one as writing this fast while working has been a mit bit stressful and backstage stuff isn't as easy to write as a big ol fight.
I already posted a comment to this effect on the chapter itself, but that was a great fight! I really like how these aren't just straight up power level contests (and only partly because it works to Sawyer's advantage 😂).
Regarding the back stage stuff, Sawyer will definitely be curious why
Spoiler :
Blue Eagle let her win (which is how she'll see it).
She'll probably try to have a conversation about it with him. And I mean an actual, no-punching conversation. Despite how she acts in a fight she's a bit awkward and introverted when it comes to talking with people she doesn't know. I'll also say that while she'll be cautiously friendly with those that act friendly towards her, she tends not to like those she views as arrogant or full of themselves, nor does she enjoy being mocked. She won't throw the first punch if someone's antagonizing her, but if someone else swings at her she'll do her best to throw the last.

Honestly though, write what you like and take as much time off as you need. You'll have more fun and do better work if you're in an unstressed, unforced frame of mind.

In case you're still accepting submissions, take mine! This seems a lot like a multiverse Hunger Games, so I'm sure it'll be fun. :)

Name: Freyja

Stage Name: The Wolf

Story: Chronicles of Nirn - I'm nowhere near done with this, don't expect anything good yet . . .

Appearance: 5'11'', pale skin, moon-like silver eyes, long blonde hair up in a ponytail, and pointed ears from her mother, who was an elf. Pretty attractive, other than three long nasty scars sliced across her nose and mouth from a horrible incident. She's a werewolf too, so in case you want to add a transformation, make sure she has dark brown fur and icy blue eyes for that . . . 

Skills/abilities: Freyja is the Norse goddess of war and death, and she lives up to her name in the use of all melee weapons, especially daggers. Lethal in the use of martial arts, although she had basically no training. She's just strong and unpredictable. Proficient in the use of all magic, especially healing. And again, she's a werewolf, so she won't hesitate to rip people apart that way. Also has the ability to project her voice in magical ways, but that's probably going to be unnecessary, so you can leave that out.

Notable feats: Kills dragons on a monthly basis(their fault for bugging her!) along with absorbing their souls, killed a really evil/powerful vampire lord that nearly ended up taking over the world, killed the king of dragons because he was going to kill literally everything, and killed a basically invincible cultivator guy who knew literally just about everything, stole her dragon souls frequently, nearly ended up mind-controlling an entire continent, and was also the pawn of the god of knowledge. If you've ever played Skyrim, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Personality: An anxious, paranoid character who fears losing those she loves, so she keeps to herself. Reckless is essentially her name. Cold and unforgiving to strangers, but warm and bubbly with friends and family. She acts weak to surprise her foes, so make her seem weak until she starts killing please!

Fears/Flaws/Failings: She fears going feral as a werewolf and just generally losing her mind, she fears losing those she loves, and she both hates and loves magic.

Starting Facing: Mostly heel, she's literally a trained assassin and mercenary, and she'll do anything and everything in her power to win. She won't hesitate to kill everyone that she can, or cheat, or do anything dirty along those lines.

Their Entrance Music: The Immigrant Song (not mine)

Their Stage Walk: She keeps her eye on the crowd with her hands close to her daggers. Other than that though, she just ignores the people and flips the finger to the announcers/judges.

Fun Fact: She loves cinnamon rolls.

I don't know if you're actually accepting submissions anymore . . . Hopefully you are, because I'm evil and want my character to suffer more. >:D 

Next Chapter is up! A bunch of down time antics for some of the current cast.

Next chapter will be a few interviews where I'll contact you in pms to post questions for you to answer in your character's voice.

As for Freyja ChocolateCat, I'm going to mark her down as a hard maybe. I am indeed still taking new fighters but the problem is I'm currently having a hard time thinking of who she'd match and play well with outside of something like a one off boss fight scenario.

Gasmaskbro Wrote: Next Chapter is up! A bunch of down time antics for some of the current cast.

Next chapter will be a few interviews where I'll contact you in pms to post questions for you to answer in your character's voice.

As for Freyja ChocolateCat, I'm going to mark her down as a hard maybe. I am indeed still taking new fighters but the problem is I'm currently having a hard time thinking of who she'd match and play well with outside of something like a one off boss fight scenario.
Sweet!

Gasmaskbro Wrote: Next Chapter is up! A bunch of down time antics for some of the current cast.

And here I was worried that Freyja was kinda weak . . . I guess I really don't know how to judge strength. Maybe it's because there are all these super OP anime sorts of characters with tons of different strengths and showy features. And thanks for trying to fit Freyja in! I'm completely fine if she doesn't show up, so don't stress yourself by reading my cringe excuse for a book. I know how hard it is to study lots of different things intently, and it . . . really sucks. 

Great job with the book! I'm excited to keep reading!

Name: Daelen Anderson
Stage Name: N/A (just call him his normal name, I both can't think up a stage name and he wouldn't want one)
Story: Perierunt Homo  (https://www.webnovel.com/book/perierunt-homo_22508905805688205 )
Appearance: You never get to see his face! He is always hidden behind black power armour (it's literally just the CMC armour that StarCraft marines wear)
Skills/abilities: His only 'powers' are psionic abilities themed off of fire he has learned a little control over. He can throw a fireball that would cause fourth degree burns if it hits (and it explodes in a meter radius), can wreathe himself and his weapon in fire to increase his speed and strength (don't question it, please.), and otherwise, it's his equipment that makes him notable. He has a suit of full body power armour (CMC from StarCraft style) that increases his strength and defense, and he then has an advanced energy shield capable of defending him from a moderate amount of damage before it fails for a while and has to recharge. Most notably, however, is his choice of weapons. He can throw incendiary grenades, and he has a sword that is... a less fatal version of a lightsaber. It's literally just a blade of super heated plasma that can slice through just about anything (although it becomes harder the more temperature resistant the material is), and it causes 3rd to 4th degree burns, depending on how long it's in whatever he is fighting.
Notable feats: He has survived at least one near death experience, and he violently killed a powerful, monster alien over ten times his size and capable of slicing him in half with ease.
Personality: One could say he has a split personality from his powers. Normal him (Daelen) is cautious, pyromaniac (to an extent), and he protects people he views as friends with his life. He enjoys intellectual challenges, and can solve puzzles of a basic or moderate difficulty in at most a minute. Then, alter ego him, Nelead (yes it's his name backwards), is vicious, quick, and will not hesitate to murder everything seen as an enemy or a threat. Although, Nelead does avoid harming people Daelen views as friends. 
Fears/Flaws/Failings: Death, losing control of his powers, the extinction of humanity.
Starting Facing: Face? He... he would literally just walk out with his sword. He hates
Their Entrance music: Nakano Warfire (by Sybrid Music)
Their Stage walk: Twirls his sword? Again, he hates showing off.
He REALLY likes donuts and pizza.

I'm doing this mostly doing this because my sister found it and I was interested.

EDIT (important): I should probably mention that he is unaffected by all forms of fire and can resist high temperatures. Pretty important thing to forget XD

Just a heads up, today's update will be moved to Monday due to a combination of communication issues, family matters, and work weirdness.

Lyric on Daelen both me and my wrestling advisor both agree that in his current state Daelen is not fit for this story. The lack of description outside his armor, his unwillingness to go along with the spirit of wrestling, and his general lack of personality mix together to fail him out. Even if we did tweak him to fit, I don't think you'd be happy as we both agree most of his gear would have to go as wrestling does not tend to mix with power armor and light sabers.

Gasmaskbro Wrote: And the next chapter is up! Thank you to everyone who took the time to do their interview this round! Next we return to the fighting with The Dark Hero's debut match and discover just what happened to The Son of Thorns!

Thanks again to everyone involved and if you're new don't forget we are still accepting applicants!
I've just finished reading the new chapter. It's great!
Also, please don't fry your brain by reading my book if you plan to include Freyja. I haven't gotten very far yet anyway, and I'm leaving the editing for the end so the grammar is awful. If you feel like you need to know what's going on with her life, just DM me and I can give you the plot. Please note that her life is very sad though . . . (Again, with as OP she is I don't mind if you leave her out. I myself was wondering how to uhh . . . introduce her demise . . . so I wouldn't ruin the entire series by having this invincible character solving everyone's problems.)
Keep writing, you're doing great!

New Chapter is Up!

How well does Sorrel do against Zed in the ring? And how well will The Predator do against The Wolf? Who will be the alpha predator in the ring!? Tune in Monday (hopefully) and find out!

Also thanks to everyone here who's donated character and helped spread the fic or helped in making it as good as it currently is. The story has broken into the upper end of the five thousands and I honestly didn't expect it to do so well!