Re: What word do you just seem to spell wrong no matter how many times you write it?

Guard!

I hate that word with a passion. When you think of the "awr" or "aw" sound or something similar, you think, "Aura" or "Author", "Audit", but then this stupid word goes and switches the typical order of the u and a and apparently makes the same sound of those I've just listed. 

The word has an etymology where it is related to the Italian and Spanish version, who literally pronounced it "Gwarda". If I had the authority to do so, I'd totally change the spelling of that word to "Garde". It truly peeves me. 

Re: What word do you just seem to spell wrong no matter how many times you write it?

Thier instead of Their. I consciously know it's wrong so whenever I'm paying attention and focusing on it I get it right - if only because of how many times I've gotten it wrong before... 
But, for some reason my brain thinks that the wrong spelling makes more sense and to this day Their looks weird to me while Thier "looks" right. If it weren't for spell-check pointing my mistake out all the time, the only way I could tell which one is right is by thinking "which of these two looks weirder - that's the right one"

I've set my autocorrect on word to fix it so it doesn't show up often in my writing. It's only really a problem while texting or typing outside of word while tired at this point.