Anyone ever write when listening to music and get way too invested the music?

Background music when writing. We've all have probably tried it. But have you ever found yourself too invested in the music?

You're writing along, and before you know it you are typing in time to the melody? Then the music starts to pick up and your fingers can't keep pace. But d&#$ it! You're going to try! It's a race now!  So you keep going, making a few mistakes but you're tapping along.

Then the song ends... And you just have a mess of the dreaded red scribbly lines under 60% of your work.... 

Re: Anyone ever write when listening to music and get way too invested the music?

Funny, I have done that before. I usually try not to listen to music when I write because it messes with my flow, but when I do, one of two things happens: I lose track of what I'm typing and randomly punch in words that don't make any sense when I go back later. Or, I stop writing altogether and just focus on the lyrics. And then the next song in my playlist comes on, and then the next, and the next. . .I should really just stop listening to music overall when I write but *shrug*. It's music.

Re: Anyone ever write when listening to music and get way too invested the music?

If I'm really focused on my writing, no amount of music will break my focus. I think. But sometimes it happens that the music will pull me away from my writing and I won't get as much writing done!

I guess when it's instrumental music, that doesn't happen as much - but it's got to be instrumental music that isn't an instrumental version of a song with lyrics, because that's just no help at all. peogiggle

If I'm really (really) focused on my writing, not even music can break my sprints. However. this world comes with a lots of thing that could easy distract me ;--; So no music for me with one exception: if I need to isolate myself from what's around me and focus on that scene I'm working on.

And yes, instrumental music (anime, videogames, etc) are super helpful when you want some company while typing <3

Oooh sometimes I have to put on a song that I associate with a particular character or scene in order to help me get back into that focus. But generally I don't listen to music with too many lyrics while writing because sometimes lyrics can very distracting to me. ^^;; 

I listen to music with high BPM though so I totally feel that red squiggly line nonsense. But then like Sake Vision, I just go back and replay the song over and over until I've gotten over the frenzy hahaha 

peoapproval

I usually don’t listen to music while I write (mostly because I don’t listen to music to do something in specific, I just turn it on after lunch and plan my afternoon accordingly), but I can’t say I’m any more or less distracted than I would be otherwise—but instead of staring into space, I’m singing song lyrics. If the song has lyrics (which it usually does), sometimes I accidentally type a word that comes up in the song; aside from that, though, I occasionally get more done.