Re: Can of Beff-a-Roni as inspiration over more traditional things like God or love. Your call.

It's fine Tienswitch. Don't like it. I get it. You have told me every way you can without having read it - and you won't cuz it's not your thing. You don't have to intellectualize your decision for me. 

The book is not at all preachy.... ethos in story is nothing about preaching. It is about speaking from a perspective, love, pain, enlightenment, misery, triumph. Common in literary fiction. VERY common. These pinions of life and experience are always there. 

The great thing about a book is you can read it - or you don't.

it's your right to argue it's bad - without having read it. And THAT is my whole premise. People rejecting it because of their own perspective of value in their literature. I surmised (more due to the forum responses) that the "god/morality" thing is not a favored subject. Again, this is not in inaccurate perspective.... and IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE a theme. RR or the fellow writer/readers owe me nothing either in reading or their advocacy of that ethos. But that doesn't stop me from making my observations conversation about literature - because it is. 

And isn't THAT exactly what I have been saying here? 

The summary will get cleaned up if I stay on RR. I already said this - I have NEVER posted a story before. So, if this is the learning crucible, I am learning. Thx for that. 

And thanks for your observations. 

You are trying to move this into some heady debate - you know how I work? Anyone baiting me, I thank them for their concerns that I am trying to do more than write a story. But that's all I am doing. And THERE ISN'T MUCH OF AN AUDIENCE HERE for Lit-fic. YOU have suggested I have some subversive motivations. I remarked on my observations. That's it. 

I have asked THREE times for fellow writers here to share their Lit-fic with me, because I dig that stuff (obviously) and not yet have I even had a recommendation except for one kind offer to look up Margaret Atwood in traditional publishing.... So, I should think there IS an audience for Lit-fic?

I try and come away smarter - even when being insulted. :)

But I am not in a debate here. I am just reading and writing and sharing on forum. Hoped this was like a writer's group. Enjoying the environment and enjoying writing a ton. That's why I'm here. 

Next up is a modern zombie thing, with a message... and I won't say squat about that message. It's mostly full of creepy stuff, a bit of gore. I will let the book tell a story.

Thanks again to all for the discussions. 

Re: Can of Beff-a-Roni as inspiration over more traditional things like God or love. Your call.

VladThatGuy Wrote: It's fine Tienswitch. Don't like it. I get it. You have told me every way you can without having read it - and you won't cuz it's not your thing. You don't have to intellectualize your decision for me. 

The book is not at all preachy.... ethos in story is nothing about preaching. It is about speaking from a perspective, love, pain, enlightenment, misery, triumph. Common in literary fiction. VERY common. These pinions of life and experience are always there. 

The great thing about a book is you can read it - or you don't.

it's your right to argue it's bad - without having read it. And THAT is my whole premise. People rejecting it because of their own perspective of value in their literature. I surmised (more due to the forum responses) that the "god/morality" thing is not a favored subject. Again, this is not in inaccurate perspective.... and IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE a theme. RR or the fellow writer/readers owe me nothing either in reading or their advocacy of that ethos. But that doesn't stop me from making my observations conversation about literature - because it is. 

And isn't THAT exactly what I have been saying here? 

The summary will get cleaned up if I stay on RR. I already said this - I have NEVER posted a story before. So, if this is the learning crucible, I am learning. Thx for that. 

And thanks for your observations. 

You are trying to move this into some heady debate - you know how I work? Anyone baiting me, I thank them for their concerns that I am trying to do more than write a story. But that's all I am doing. And THERE ISN'T MUCH OF AN AUDIENCE HERE for Lit-fic. YOU have suggested I have some subversive motivations. I remarked on my observations. That's it. 

I have asked THREE times for fellow writers here to share their Lit-fic with me, because I dig that stuff (obviously) and not yet have I even had a recommendation except for one kind offer to look up Margaret Atwood in traditional publishing.... So, I should think there IS an audience for Lit-fic?

I try and come away smarter - even when being insulted. :)

But I am not in a debate here. I am just reading and writing and sharing on forum. Hoped this was like a writer's group. Enjoying the environment and enjoying writing a ton. That's why I'm here. 

Next up is a modern zombie thing, with a message... and I won't say squat about that message. It's mostly full of creepy stuff, a bit of gore. I will let the book tell a story.

Thanks again to all for the discussions.

No one's insulting you, and no one's doing what you said they were doing. The premise of the thread is that you're essentially being unfairly targeted because your story is focused on scripture, God, and morality. My counterargument is that, based on the quality of your story synopsis page, whatever poor reviews you claim to be being inundated with might just be representative of the quality of your story. You've heaped praise upon yourself for your technical execution of Jep, and there's a pretty big disconnect between the statement and the front page blurb. To me, that seems more reasonable than any Royal Roaders out to get you because of a pro-religion story or something. 

Honestly, at this point, this really comes off more as a debate thread than anything else. We've had "Why are my reviews getting taken down?" [They were toxic reviews that hurled insults at the authors], "Why are the mods banning my story for its political undertones?" [The story was thinly veiled hate speech], and now we essentially have "Would readers here be less likely to try to hurt my story if I replaced God with beef-a-roni?" [No]. I swear, we're seeing more of these threads than we are of writing advice.

There's not much I can add that I haven't already. Good luck, Vlad. And I know you probably won't believe this, but I genuinely hope that Jep and anything else you write here does well. May you set up a Patreon with advanced chapters and make $20,000/month from readership here.