Re: Do You Prefer Reading A Story In First or Third Person POV?

I prefer reading third person narrator. I found fiirst person novels to be difficult to read. It feels like the author trying to inject the protagonist's perspective into my mind, which feels pretty bad especially when reading an immature protagonist. 😗 it feels a bit intimidating on villainous protag and definately dislike the feeling of being in control of everything when it is about a strong lead. 

In general, i don't feel comfortable on badly written first person. 

AuthorMarcel Wrote: I never really thought about the demographics too much considering I mainly write in 3rd person limited, but for you, do you have a preference what POV the story is in or it doesn't matter?
I prefer past tense, always, always. That being said, I like third and first. In fact, the Joe Ledger books use both. Joe's viewpoint is in first person while the rest of the viewpoints are in third. At first I thought it was weird but I really like it.

Hello, Absolute Dominator here.

Wow! The forum seems fun.

Some prefer first person P.O.V. while some third person P.O.V.

Personally, I prefer third then first person. Why?

For example if the readers know that the guy 'X' is the bad guy. (In third person)

While the mc thinks of 'X' as a good guy and is getting tangled in X's evil plan.

It crates a positive tension among the readers where they can scream at the mc for his stupidity.

But that's just my personal opinion, you can read my story to find why I like this way.(Though my mc is way too smart to get tricked.)

Anyways I would much appreciate if you read my fantasy 'The Before Of Afterlife' and leave your precious feedbacks.

AlexaLee Wrote: I prefer first which is why I write it! I think when reading, it's easier to get into the MC's head and experience their life rather than in 3rd! However, I do think that 1st is easier to do badly!

Ironically, I like 3rd because it doesn't feel like I'm inside the head of the narrator. I'm the kind of person that liked having a story unfold, but not be a part of it. 1st Person makes it feel like I'm there in the backseat of the narrator's head instead of watching it through a metaphorical screen.

Dusty_Glamour Wrote: Ironically, I like 3rd because it doesn't feel like I'm inside the head of the narrator. I'm the kind of person that liked having a story unfold, but not be a part of it. 1st Person makes it feel like I'm there in the backseat of the narrator's head instead of watching it through a metaphorical screen.

Ahahah that's completely fair! People look for different things in novels but I definitely prefer ones where I'm more involved rather than just watching from the backseat!