Re: Hello! Newbie.

Welcome to Royal Road. Even though LitRPG is king here, there's plenty of room and readers for other genres. The best way to connect with the community is to be active in the Forums and comment on stories you read. Readers here can be quiet so a little prompting in your chapter notes wouldn't hurt. You can also check out the Review section of the Forums for comment swaps. Hope you find Royal Road to your liking and that readers enjoy your work. Good luck.

Shane Wrote: Hi! I just joined and have submitted my first story, and am waiting for it to be approved. I mostly write urban fantasy and horror, sometimes combining the two. I've also dabbled in Gothic fiction and have a WIP that's more of a classic fantasy. My stories tend to be very dark, which is what I enjoy reading. I was on Wattpad for a while, but my stories don't really fit in with their general vibe and the content they feature. I'm hoping to make some connections here and get some honest feedback, and I'm looking forward to reading others' work. My stuff isn't really the popular theme I've seen here, but I hope there's some room for something that's a little different.
My stuff is dark too, probably right up your alley. I think you'll do just fine here :D Welcome to Royal Road! When your fiction gets approved, I'll be sure to give it a read and leave you some feedback. I look forward to seeing what you got!

Roland Aldridge 

BlackheartEros Wrote:
Shimaira Wrote: @BlackheartEros is a friend of mine and got me intrigued about RR enough to also join 👀
So... Hi! 😊 I'll be posting one of my novels here too to see how it fares. If anyone is into explicit horror, be on the lookout 😎
Great to see you here!
Still getting used to the format here. Note to self: tagging via @ username doesn't work 🤔
Which story did you post (well, is pending approval 👀)

BlackheartEros Wrote:
Shimaira Wrote: Still getting used to the format here. Note to self: tagging via @ username doesn't work 🤔
Which story did you post (well, is pending approval 👀)
Everything Is Wonderful Now :)
I hope it'll find a good readerbase here ♥ Did you have a chance yet to look around? Is there a lot of queer content here? 🏳‍🌈

BlackheartEros Wrote:
Camelboy Wrote:
Shane Wrote: Hi! I just joined and have submitted my first story, and am waiting for it to be approved. I mostly write urban fantasy and horror, sometimes combining the two. I've also dabbled in Gothic fiction and have a WIP that's more of a classic fantasy. My stories tend to be very dark, which is what I enjoy reading. I was on Wattpad for a while, but my stories don't really fit in with their general vibe and the content they feature. I'm hoping to make some connections here and get some honest feedback, and I'm looking forward to reading others' work. My stuff isn't really the popular theme I've seen here, but I hope there's some room for something that's a little different.
My stuff is dark too, probably right up your alley. I think you'll do just fine here :D Welcome to Royal Road! When your fiction gets approved, I'll be sure to give it a read and leave you some feedback. I look forward to seeing what you got!

Roland Aldridge
Thanks, that's awesome of you! I'll check out your stuff. I'm not sure how to best post here yet, I'm assuming once a day is ideal, or twice a day for a few days a week?
Post in different kinds of forums. :) explore!

Shimaira Wrote: Is there a lot of queer content here? 🏳‍🌈
There's a collated list in the recommendations sub-forum of LGBT+ stories.

Shimaira Wrote: Still getting used to the format here. Note to self: tagging via @ username doesn't work 🤔
I think it might on fiction comments though, or at least I heard talk of them introducing the @ feature.

Hope this helps.