A Quick Intro

Hello! My name is Cammie and I recently joined Royal Road to post my high fantasy trilogy The Essence of the Equinox. The first in the series, When The Stars Alight, is currently being posted weekly on Fridays 4PM GMT.

I've been writing since I was in the single digits and SFF has always been my primary area of interest. I believe that fantasy can be an important genre for allowing us to reimagine our world and see potential for how circumstances could be different than how they are. My specialties are infusing gothic themes into my work including dark, torrid romances, cannibalism and morally ambiguous women.

For years I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my work and decided to have traditional publishing as a tenuous goal. Spent some time in the querying trenches before I decided it ultimately wasn't for me, climbed out of it, decided against self-publishing due to the costs outweighing the benefits and now here I am.

I am most looking forward to meeting and connecting with new writers and discovering hidden gems amongst this vast and vibrant community.

Re: A Quick Intro

Hi Cammie! Welcome to RR. I am also new here, have just posted my 'Hello!' a couple of minutes ago.
I received some tips from Cinn an older user with the unofficial beginners guide.Will try to post the link to you, if I do not succeed you can find it in my thread below.
Unofficial RR Beginner's Guidehttps://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

So hello again and have a lot of fun! May the followers be with you ;)

aninkwellofnectar Wrote: For years I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my work and decided to have traditional publishing as a tenuous goal. Spent some time in the querying trenches before I decided it ultimately wasn't for me, climbed out of it, decided against self-publishing due to the costs outweighing the benefits and now here I am.

peoYes

Welcome!

Space Wrote:
aninkwellofnectar Wrote: For years I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my work and decided to have traditional publishing as a tenuous goal. Spent some time in the querying trenches before I decided it ultimately wasn't for me, climbed out of it, decided against self-publishing due to the costs outweighing the benefits and now here I am.

peoYes

Welcome!
Thanks! 

Welcome to Royal Road. Glad to see your writing journey brought you here. Lots of fantasy readers here. The Forums are a great place to meet other writers, share ideas, ask/answer questions, or just have fun. Hope you find Royal Road to be a good experience and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.

jessessey Wrote: Hello, and welcome. Querying really is tough, but I think a lot can be learned from the process. Even just learning how to write a query or being able to cut your 10-page synopsis down to 3 pages can be super valuable. I wish you all the luck with your story here!
Thanks! I'm very disillusioned with tradpub as an industry but querying did at least help me write a concise book summary. So it wasn't all a loss. xD

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. Glad to see your writing journey brought you here. Lots of fantasy readers here. The Forums are a great place to meet other writers, share ideas, ask/answer questions, or just have fun. Hope you find Royal Road to be a good experience and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.
Many thanks! I've been having a poke around. Just searching for opportunities to jump in, haha.