A Wild Alex Appears!

Hello! My name is Alex and I’m a spec fic writer from the Pacific Northwest in America. Very nice to meet you!

I’ve been on the internet for several years at the point, and writing for much longer. For most of my online career, my flagship site was Wattpad, but I finally abandoned that a couple of years ago. Since then, I have been adrift in the greater internet space. I’ve never truly stopped writing, though. In fact, I was just published in October in a spec fic anthology and am aiming to be in another one this summer!  Lately, though, I’ve missed the unique experience a writing website provides. I’m eager to give Royal Road a try.

I almost exclusively write fantasy. Dark, urban, high, politic-comedic — I’ve explored a bunch within this genre. My current project can best be described as Sapphic Fantasy Dark Academia. It’s titled “A Sharper, More Lasting Pain” and, should writing it go well, I’m aiming to start posting it in a month or two.

When I’m not writing, I’m playing video games. If you couldn’t tell by the title, one of my favorite franchises is Pokémon. Right now, I’ve been playing Legends Arceus an exorbitant amount and am ~halfway through. Other favorites are Watch_Dogs 2, Legend of Zelda (specifically, Wind Waker, but I’ve played most of the games), Dark Souls, and Octopath Traveller. This list changes a lot, though.

But that’s enough about me. Hello! How’s it going? Tell me something about yourself!

Re: A Wild Alex Appears!

Cinn Wrote: Welcome! Kudos on getting published. My Steam wishlist is already long enough *tootles off to see if she needs to add more*. 😅

I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.

Thank you! I feel you. My game library is expansive, rivaled only by my tbr list (to be read) and the list of games I want to get. That’s what happens when both your parents were gamers lol

Welcome to Royal Road. It's very cool that some of your work has been published. I think you'll find Royal Road a great community to share your work and interact with other authors. The Forums are the best place to do that so check them out. Unfortunately, don't have a lot of time for video games. I think the last time I played Pokemon was on the Gameboy. Hope you find what you're looking for here and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. It's very cool that some of your work has been published. I think you'll find Royal Road a great community to share your work and interact with other authors. The Forums are the best place to do that so check them out. Unfortunately, don't have a lot of time for video games. I think the last time I played Pokemon was on the Gameboy. Hope you find what you're looking for here and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.

Thank you! I'm very psyched about it haha.

Honestly I think the forums are a solid portion of why I chose to come here over other sites. One of the final nails in Wattpad's coffin, for me, was the closure of their forums. One of the worst mistakes they could've made.

That's fair! Between working full time and writing, I've less time for games as well than I'd like. Speaking of gameboys, though, one of my favorite Pokemons is Emerald for the GBA.

Razzmatazz Wrote: Hi, welcome! I hope you have a really fun time here on the site/forums! Octopath traveler has an absolutely bomb ost to write to  DrakanPat

I hope so too! And I agree! Square Enix in gen is awesome about music, but they really excelled in OP!

Evieleyn Wrote: Bonjour et Bienvenue  DrakanWine

I too have sailed to RR from the sinking carcass of Wattpad XD 

LGBT+ stories can be a hit or miss on the platform, so i reccomend advertising it in this thread.

Have you played Dragon Quest 11 ? Because i can go on for hours about how much i love that game XD (and i haven't even finished it lol)

eyyyy another castaway hahaha.

I've noticed that so far. I did see that thread and combed tirelessly through it. Thank you for the reference ^^

I haven't! Never got to play any of the DQ games tbh but it has been on and off my list for a while now. I'll have to give it a harder look once I clear some of the other games off my list!

DracoNako Wrote: Hello! My name is Alex and I’m a spec fic writer from the Pacific Northwest in America. Very nice to meet you!

I’ve been on the internet for several years at the point, and writing for much longer. For most of my online career, my flagship site was Wattpad, but I finally abandoned that a couple of years ago. Since then, I have been adrift in the greater internet space. I’ve never truly stopped writing, though. In fact, I was just published in October in a spec fic anthology and am aiming to be in another one this summer!  Lately, though, I’ve missed the unique experience a writing website provides. I’m eager to give Royal Road a try.

I almost exclusively write fantasy. Dark, urban, high, politic-comedic — I’ve explored a bunch within this genre. My current project can best be described as Sapphic Fantasy Dark Academia. It’s titled “A Sharper, More Lasting Pain” and, should writing it go well, I’m aiming to start posting it in a month or two.

When I’m not writing, I’m playing video games. If you couldn’t tell by the title, one of my favorite franchises is Pokémon. Right now, I’ve been playing Legends Arceus an exorbitant amount and am ~halfway through. Other favorites are Watch_Dogs 2, Legend of Zelda (specifically, Wind Waker, but I’ve played most of the games), Dark Souls, and Octopath Traveller. This list changes a lot, though.

But that’s enough about me. Hello! How’s it going? Tell me something about yourself!

Hey Alex! Welcome to Royal Road. It may not be made with yellow bricks but its home to plenty of friendly faces. 
Thanks for letting us in on your journey and I'm excited to see what you can show us.

Something about myself? Uhhhh. I firmly believe mushrooms are a terrible food item.

Admian Wrote:
DracoNako Wrote: Hello! My name is Alex and I’m a spec fic writer from the Pacific Northwest in America. Very nice to meet you!

Hey Alex! Welcome to Royal Road. It may not be made with yellow bricks but its home to plenty of friendly faces. 
Thanks for letting us in on your journey and I'm excited to see what you can show us.

Something about myself? Uhhhh. I firmly believe mushrooms are a terrible food item.

Thanks! I've been familiarizing myself with the forums thus far. Excited to make some friends ^^

Ahh darn. I love mushrooms but I understand why they aren't everyone's thing.