RR novels with sassy/sarcastic protagonist

So here am I with my usual rambling I do in every place I can post a novel rec request.

Here are my criterias:
  1. Mc should be either sassy/sarcastic/cheeky/cynical just have a unique humor (pref dark/morbid)
  2. No sci-fi/mecha/detective or cops/romance/harem/ country building
  3. I prefer swords and magic/ vr / urban magic (like HP)
  4. Can be female or male protagonist fine with either
  5. Min 30 ch (if longer) 50 ch (if shorter)
  6. I prefer evil/ antihero/ neutral leaning to the evil side/ loner protagonist (but if the first criteria met fine if not to righteous)
  7. I prefer the fight not just scheme from the background kind of mcs
  8. I love emotionally dark novels! Dark in every sense~
  9. I don't want the 'gather our friends and go on a magical journey' kinda b*llsh*t 
Well here are a few that fitted my criteria and I already read:
  • Azarinth Healer
  • Getting Hard
  • Skyclad
  • Everybody Loves Large Chests
  • Mark of the Crijik
  • Nanomancer Reborn
  • Carry On
  • Supreme Magus
  • Prince of Thorns
  • Pirate: I Loaded The Game Panel
Do bless me with your recommendations DrakanBook

Re: RR novels with sassy/sarcastic protagonist

I think this is the first time I'm recommending my novel in the forums, REND, but I'm putting this forward because it ticks all of your points, except probably no. 3 (It's not like Harry Potter, but it is urban setting with powers and monsters). However, this isn't really like the usual RR stories, so I'm not sure if you'll be inclined to it, but on the MC department, I'm sure it fits. In fact, REND's MC will kind of remind you of the MC of one of those stories you listed; you'll find out if you do decide to try it. 

Amazing. Someone has actually asked for a recommendation which fits my book, rather than the usual, "Can I get the same but with more cowbell?"

I think I check off every point except chapter count (at 27, with 300 pages) and S+S (it's contemporary and makes heavy use of magical items with unique and interesting effects).

Also, you didn't ask for demons, but I have them. I have lots of them.

I also love talking to my readers so feel free to comment any time you want.

Depending on how firm your criteria are, my story may be a fit. If they're stone-set, ignore my post.
Lehiye Wrote: Mc should be either sassy/sarcastic/cheeky/cynical just have a unique humor (pref dark/morbid)
Absolute fit, protagonist is a teenager, who chose to be alone in school, has a very sarcastic streak, thinks of himself as smarter as many others (though he has some blindspots as well), and makes internally fun of many people and things.
Lehiye Wrote: No sci-fi/mecha/detective or cops/romance/harem/ country building
This is the first "conflict", as this is a harem story (though I didn't use the 'romance' tag). The harem is a forced one, which bringe several misfitting characters together and forces them to work with each other, which in return creates tension, conflict, and comedy. So while the harem is a key element, it's definitely not the typical harem story.
Lehiye Wrote: I prefer swords and magic/ vr / urban magic (like HP)
It's LitRPG in another world (isekai/portal fiction), though it takes its time to explain here and there, why seeing stats doesn't necessarily help (like "does 132 [Strength] means, you can lift up 132 kilogramm?").
Lehiye Wrote: Can be female or male protagonist fine with either
Male for most, with some female POV-changes.
Lehiye Wrote: Min 30 ch (if longer) 50 ch (if shorter)
2,332 RR-pages that are spread in more than 150 chapter-parts.
Lehiye Wrote: I prefer evil/ antihero/ neutral leaning to the evil side/ loner protagonist (but if the first criteria met fine if not to righteous)
Within the terms, 'antihero' fits the best.
Lehiye Wrote: I prefer the fight not just scheme from the background kind of mcs
Many fight scenes spread around the volumes.
Lehiye Wrote: I love emotionally dark novels! Dark in every sense~
During the first saga (volume 1-3) the characters are still established and while there is depth, it's still mostly hidden. It becomes more and more emotionally with progression, with volume 6 and the upcoming volume 8 especially exploring some dark depths.
Lehiye Wrote: I don't want the 'gather our friends and go on a magical journey' kinda b*llsh*t
How about 'gather people you barely are compatible with and go on a shitty journey to get rid of them again'?
https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.png
(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance
Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Synopsis
Katsuragi Kenta was a gamer. He did exactly what he needed to obtain the games he wanted and the time to play them; nothing more, nothing less. When his entire class is transported to a fantasy world, Kenta is suddenly an expert on their situation and the world around them. Naturally, he sets out on his own to escape his two faced classmates.
Two months later he returns and discovers that Momokawa Kyou, formerly the most popular girl in class, was left behind by their classmates. The two strike up an uneasy alliance despite despising each other. What’s more, they may have to work together to survive a curse.
Kenta will have his hands full surviving his new fantasy world. If the monsters don’t get him, Kyou just might!

Temple Wrote: I think this is the first time I'm recommending my novel in the forums, REND, but I'm putting this forward because it ticks all of your points, except probably no. 3 (It's not like Harry Potter, but it is urban setting with powers and monsters). However, this isn't really like the usual RR stories, so I'm not sure if you'll be inclined to it, but on the MC department, I'm sure it fits. In fact, REND's MC will kind of remind you of the MC of one of those stories you listed; you'll find out if you do decide to try it.

Temple
It's hard for me to recommend a story when you beat me to it, lol.

Lehiye,
But when I read your request I thought Calamitous Bob... until you said not kingdom building (which is later in the story, sure).  When you did, though, my next thought was Rend.  Rend is a phenomenal story, unique world building, unique MC, and is such a good read that I get worried my own writing skills are weak. Very highly recommended, especially for your request.

Good luck!

Allanther Wrote:
Temple Wrote: I think this is the first time I'm recommending my novel in the forums, REND, but I'm putting this forward because it ticks all of your points, except probably no. 3 (It's not like Harry Potter, but it is urban setting with powers and monsters). However, this isn't really like the usual RR stories, so I'm not sure if you'll be inclined to it, but on the MC department, I'm sure it fits. In fact, REND's MC will kind of remind you of the MC of one of those stories you listed; you'll find out if you do decide to try it.

Temple
It's hard for me to recommend a story when you beat me to it, lol.

Lehiye,
But when I read your request I thought Calamitous Bob... until you said not kingdom building (which is later in the story, sure).  When you did, though, my next thought was Rend.  Rend is a phenomenal story, unique world building, unique MC, and is such a good read that I get worried my own writing skills are weak. Very highly recommended, especially for your request.

Good luck!

Thanks for helping recommend REND! 

DrakanWine

I came out of my hiding hole because Lehiye seems to be looking for REND based on the criteria up there. 

Lehiye Wrote: So here am I with my usual rambling I do in every place I can post a novel rec request.

Here are my criterias:
  1. Mc should be either sassy/sarcastic/cheeky/cynical just have a unique humor (pref dark/morbid)
  2. No sci-fi/mecha/detective or cops/romance/harem/ country building
  3. I prefer swords and magic/ vr / urban magic (like HP)
  4. Can be female or male protagonist fine with either
  5. Min 30 ch (if longer) 50 ch (if shorter)
  6. I prefer evil/ antihero/ neutral leaning to the evil side/ loner protagonist (but if the first criteria met fine if not to righteous)
  7. I prefer the fight not just scheme from the background kind of mcs
  8. I love emotionally dark novels! Dark in every sense~
  9. I don't want the 'gather our friends and go on a magical journey' kinda b*llsh*t 
Well here are a few that fitted my criteria and I already read:
  • Azarinth Healer
  • Getting Hard
  • Skyclad
  • Everybody Loves Large Chests
  • Mark of the Crijik
  • Nanomancer Reborn
  • Carry On
  • Supreme Magus
  • Prince of Thorns
  • Pirate: I Loaded The Game Panel
Do bless me with your recommendations DrakanBook
Hi, I feel like my story fits with a lot of your criteria, perhaps not so much with the fighting, but there is a little of that too. But definitely the rest... :)

It's in the signature.