Re: What do you do when you're not writing/reading?

Camelboy Wrote: I know all the authors and readers on here aren't powered down or in sleep mode when not active on the site, so I'm curious. What do you all do in your free time? Let's hear it! Are you working too much, playing video games, binging funny science videos on YouTube by Joe Scott (cou-subscribe-gh), or maybe just playing with your cat?

Tell meeeeeee!
A number of things to keep myself busy.

School, studying, cleaning, exercising, gaming, etc.  

Right now I am playing a game for the True Ending, which is only accessible on New Game Plus. If the game was not damn good, I wouldn’t even care to do so. Since it is actually, kinda long. 

Edge Wrote:
Camelboy Wrote: I know all the authors and readers on here aren't powered down or in sleep mode when not active on the site, so I'm curious. What do you all do in your free time? Let's hear it! Are you working too much, playing video games, binging funny science videos on YouTube by Joe Scott (cou-subscribe-gh), or maybe just playing with your cat?

Tell meeeeeee!
A number of things to keep myself busy.

School, studying, cleaning, exercising, gaming, etc.  

Right now I am playing a game for the True Ending, which is only accessible on New Game Plus. If the game was not damn good, I wouldn’t even care to do so. Since it is actually, kinda long.
What game?

A lot of my time is taken up by the demands of life - cleaning the house, making sure the kids aren't on fire, that kind of thing.

I still have some downtime that's not reading or writing, though. My favorite things to do with others to relax are probably playing board games or video games. My husband and I recently got our copy of Aeon's End: Legacy in the mail from a Kickstarter and wow are we loving it. I'm not going to call it a flawless game - some things are a little clunky or confusing, there's a bit of complication for the sake of complication - but it is a VERY fun co-op legacy game and I'd definitely recommend it to any couples who like strategizing together.

Camelboy Wrote: What game?
Death End Re Quest 2. It is like a visual novel, JRPG horror game. Has engaging mechanics, but the real selling point is the story that slowly tears you apart. This is one of those games, where making selfish decisions will make you live, and can save other characters. More or less, you got to think about it from a logical point of view.

An example is this, at one point of the game. You have a choice to put out a burning church, or say the fire won’t spread. If you choose the first option, that supposed kindness ends up killing a character, because you wasted time looking at the smaller picture. More or less, got to make a decision like a leader would.

So the logic would be, a building is replaceable, even if it hurts your allies emotionally. However, a life has only one chance. As a result, ignoring the church would lead to both characters surviving rather than one.

Another example is when you get ambushed by monsters, at the time two other characters are following. The selfless choice is to use your opportunity and run. However, those two characters gets killed. The selfish choice is to keep fighting wave after wave until the situation is quelled. Though, this selfishness ends up saving those two characters.

It is a game that makes you think at specific points. Though, other than that. The build up, and the character interactions are by far the best thing. The game also does not pull punches when they brutally kill someone.  DrakanLaugh

Edge Wrote:
Camelboy Wrote: What game?
Death End Re Quest 2. It is like a visual novel, JRPG horror game. Has engaging mechanics, but the real selling point is the story that slowly tears you apart. This is one of those games, where making selfish decisions will make you live, and can save other characters. More or less, you got to think about it from a logical point of view.

An example is this, at one point of the game. You have a choice to put out a burning church, or say the fire won’t spread. If you choose the first option, that supposed kindness ends up killing a character, because you wasted time looking at the smaller picture. More or less, got to make a decision like a leader would.

So the logic would be, a building is replaceable, even if it hurts your allies emotionally. However, a life has only one chance. As a result, ignoring the church would lead to both characters surviving rather than one.

Another example is when you get ambushed by monsters, at the time two other characters are following. The selfless choice is to use your opportunity and run. However, those two characters gets killed. The selfish choice is to keep fighting wave after wave until the situation is quelled. Though, this selfishness ends up saving those two characters.

It is a game that makes you think at specific points. Though, other than that. The build up, and the character interactions are by far the best thing. The game also does not pull punches when they brutally kill someone.  DrakanLaugh
is it on Steam?

Camelboy Wrote: is it on Steam?
Yeah, you can buy it on steam as well. Though note, it is a Yuri game, and by far one of the best ones I’ve played so far. Know though, you cannot get the True Ending on one play through. You have to play a New Game Plus file. There is mystery to the game, and putting together the pieces is rather fun. It is also quite funny as well. The day time and night time are completely different, and you will see why later on in the story. Note though, making choices in the game does not affect the ending requirements. It just cuts out some side events if you choose poorly.

Though some bad choices will result in a Unique Game Over, or a Bad Ending. Which you will be put back to your last choices.

Camelboy Wrote:
Edge Wrote:
Though note, it is a Yuri game

No issue there. I have some yuri in my fiction. I'm always down for romance, no matter the form it takes. Love is love :D
Ah good, since I know some people can be picky. I have seen some real harshness towards the LGBTQ+ community. One of my other favorite ones is Nights of Azure. I’d recommend checking it out some time. Though note, this game itself is pretty easy. However, the True Ending battles are on a whole other level. It goes to the point of a single misstep and you are almost likely done for. Though, it can only be accessed after clearing the game. Then you reload your file, and do the True Ending stuff, then beat the game.

As for Death End Re Quest 2. The focus isn’t on the romance, I guess you can say it is a subplot. Though, it is clear. It is about the main trying to find her little sister, who she lost contact with a year before. Though, eventually gets caught up in investigating the weirdness of the place she is in. I swear, that game killed off one of my favorite characters, and brutally as well.  DrakanLaugh

I was like, “Yeah, I respect these people.” 

XD

You can check out the intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLsGyRu6nPM

Sake Wrote:
Edge Wrote: Nights of Azure.

Chris the best girl. She was too good for the game she was cast in; I'm surprised you liked it.
I am open to a lot of games. However, I seem to have a sharp dislike for supposedly popular games. More or less, I find the hype given to higher rated games reaches the line of borderline misinformation. This is actually why I do not trust reviews of games, and I make a decision based on what I see and look up. 

Edge Wrote:
Camelboy Wrote:
Edge Wrote:
Though note, it is a Yuri game

No issue there. I have some yuri in my fiction. I'm always down for romance, no matter the form it takes. Love is love :D
Ah good, since I know some people can be picky. I have seen some real harshness towards the LGBTQ+ community. One of my other favorite ones is Nights of Azure. I’d recommend checking it out some time. Though note, this game itself is pretty easy. However, the True Ending battles are on a whole other level. It goes to the point of a single misstep and you are almost likely done for. Though, it can only be accessed after clearing the game. Then you reload your file, and do the True Ending stuff, then beat the game.

As for Death End Re Quest 2. The focus isn’t on the romance, I guess you can say it is a subplot. Though, it is clear. It is about the main trying to find her little sister, who she lost contact with a year before. Though, eventually gets caught up in investigating the weirdness of the place she is in. I swear, that game killed off one of my favorite characters, and brutally as well.  DrakanLaugh

I was like, “Yeah, I respect these people.” 

XD

You can check out the intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLsGyRu6nPM
I'm a huge fan of brutal deaths. I do that in my fiction and I plan to do it again, many more times, before it's done.

Camelboy Wrote: I'm a huge fan of brutal deaths. I do that in my fiction and I plan to do it again, many more times, before it's done.
Then all is good.  DrakanLaugh

Though, the main is actually a bit broken. Since after using their special, she is impervious. And in extended battles, where enemies can attack multiple times. It becomes possible to spam it. Though, you can just as easily lose if you are not careful, so I guess it balances out.  DrakanFascinating

The battles aren’t boring, which is a plus. 

One of the funny scenes, the main was getting a bit annoyed by the second main. So, when the second main suggested she treat her to dinner. This was the main’s response,
“Why don’t I just put you in a box and ship you to a new dormitory so they can deal with you?”  DrakanLaugh

Honestly, perfect response. XD